Blacksun LG worldwide June08 - 6/7/2008

Stop in and find out where local game days are being held. Please ask the moderator for assistance if you need help.
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Blacksun LG worldwide June08 - 6/7/2008

Postby MorganWolf » Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 am

SUNSHINE ROLEPLAYERS
7921 Bird Road
Miami, Florida #44 33155
(305) 264-1250
rpgs@bellsouth.net
START TIME --11:00AM -- June 7 * Saturday

BE ON TIME PLEASE!!!

We will running a 4th edition scenario provided for the event.
We will also be giving away for each full table(FREE!!!!) for the SPECIAL worldwide D&D gameday, a 4th edition Players Handbook. Feeling lucky as playing at a table you have a better chance to WIN!!! then 1 book only for the attendee's.
There will be a main drawing for 1 PERSON!! only. The winner will receive 1 copy of each new 4th edition book between now and the end of the year (I have included a list below). This does not include the deluxe editions (I feel it is a liitle redundant to give these out) or novels, miniatures or Dungeon Tiles.
If a person wins a PHB at his/her table he/she is not eligible for the main drawing. If a person from Miami wins they will have to come to the store each month to pick up the newest release. If a person comes from out of Miami they will have to pay shipping charges per item. We will not be able to ship out of the country.

Main Drawing (1 WINNER only!!)

Player's Handbook
Dungeon Master's Guide
Monster Manual
Dungeon Master’s Screen
Character Record Sheets
H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth (Adventure)
H3 Pyramid of Shadows (Adventure)
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide
Tome of Treasures
FR1 Scepter Tower of Spellgard (Adventure) Forgotten Realms Player's Guide Martial Power
P1 King of the Trollhaunt Warrens (Adventure) Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons Manual of the Planes
P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave(Adventure)

This list is taken from the Wizards website and is subject to change depending on their release schedule. In other words they may add or delete books.

COR8-03 Aspirations
Description:
Powerful residents in the Gem of the Flanaess suspect that someone on the Directing Oligarchy may be working with Greyhawk's greatest enemy. As their hands are tied and their moves are watched, it falls to a group of heroes to uncover this plot and follow wherever it leads. Parties skilled in stealth, guile, or force welcome.
A one-round core adventure set in the Domain of Greyhawk for characters levels 1-15 (APLs 2 to 12) and the second intrigue of “Honor Among Thieves.”

ALSO

Episode 60: Riddles and Crossroads
by Ramon Guillon.
The roads of emotion lead down many paths. There are choices to be made and
questions to be answered along the journey. In the words of the Fey, “All life is a series
of Riddles and Crossroads.”

A Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor one round adventure for
characters levels 1-7. Part one of The Seelie story.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

PICS of Blacksun LG worldwide June08 - 6/7/2008

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:40 am

Here are some pics to view about the new 4th edition response

We were divinely blessed

One of our newest players even showed up

winner of the main drawing--lucky bastard, well now we know who eats all the mods-hehehehe!!!

we had a good showing about 7 tables- the others had well too bad otherwise.

we had to run 2 sessions because of interest- by the way I'm sure some fungus is self-generated, but we had jesus so cure disease was available, I guess those who had it didn't attend here- oh well!!!

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Re: Blacksun LG worldwide June08 - 6/7/2008

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:18 pm

I'd like to thank all the players who attended and the store/staff that provided
for a very fun gaming experience. I was also honored to be DMing a table with
Jesus Christ in it - was it any surprise that he won best player by attacking a ghost
that was trying to help out the party? I guess he was simply trying to give it a final
peaceful rest. ;)

Talk about blast from the past. Luciano showed up, as did Laz, Ruben ( Jesus Christ ),
and even Ralphs cousin Eddy who I had not seen in ages. Good times no matter what
anyone else says.

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:08 am

Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:26 am

Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

Speaking of 4e Matt, what are you thinking about playing as your first character?

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am

I really need to see the books first but at the moment I'm considering a tiefling warlock and human paladin. All is subject to change once I get my hands on the 4e books though.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm

I really need to see the books first but at the moment I'm considering a tiefling warlock and human paladin. All is subject to change once I get my hands on the 4e books though.

Your choices are very strong, especially the tiefling warlock. The stat bonuses for their race are VERY
conducive to that choice and I think the race says they are naturally inclined to that class being that
they are descended from interaction with infernal and dark powers. They have a power I think that
actually hurls an enemy into a dark void in space where they come face to face with what can be
described as a Cthullu-like force and stay there for a few rounds going mad. Then, when they return
back to the Prime Material Plane they land hard, take damage, and are insane for a few rounds,
attacking everyone be they friend or foe.

The human paladin is also a good combo because humans are super versatile, get extra stuff, and
the paladins in 4th Edition are pretty buff and you don't have to spend a feat to wear heavy armor like
fighters do. Not that I would EVER suggest this unless you already have the hard copy of the books but
heeds these words.. "Limewire is your friend."

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:04 pm

Limewire is your friend but I still want the hard copies just to have. Of course once I feel the need, I will pick up all the 4e books in digital format... for archival purposes only.
-Matthew Tearle

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 am

Griffman wrote:Limewire is your friend but I still want the hard copies just to have. Of course once I feel the need, I will pick up all the 4e books in digital format... for archival purposes only.

I'll do the same....after I get my hard copys....should have em by the 14th
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:49 am

the ban has been lifted, the name of sunshine can be said again. crappy comments that do not pertain to the issues at hand will be moderated therefore I dare anyone to try. you will not like the results.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:20 am

the ban has been lifted, the name of sunshine can be said again. crappy comments that do not pertain to the issues at hand will be moderated therefore I dare anyone to try. you will not like the results.

Well this is certainly a step in the right direction. I've said it before and I'll say it again. This forum
itself should be a neutral playing field for announcements and similiar things. Present the information
for gaming announcements in a factual and non-derrogatory manner and let the people decide where
they want to go and pay their money. If they want to go to one store and avoid the other then so be it.
It's their business and no one should verbally chastise them or ostracize them because of it. Present the
information with an even hand so that their choice is made with a sense of balance.

Thank you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. We talked about this many times and it's good to see that a bit of fainess won out
in the end.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:47 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:
it's good to see that a bit of fainess won out
in the end.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

I have to agree......
no its time to spread the love
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

Return to “Game Events Anouncements”