A few things that need FIXING!!!

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

A few things that need FIXING!!!

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:01 am

1) BAN the "Sorcery-Split-Enhancement" combo. As written, this combo stinks like a catbox that hasn't been changed in a week. It is a strictly power-gaming cheese combo. I have NEVER seen any of DC's mystics conjure a duplicate of themself and then have that duplicate mystically enhance their power. I have seen mystics work together-in a ritual fashion-or sometimes quick and dirty-to bring down a powerful foe. If you want examples, I will quote chapter and verse.

2) MIX THE TEAMS. Characters due grow and change, leaving one team and joining another. There are team-ups. I shouldn't have to quote chapter and verse.

3) UPDATE the JSA!!! The team has aged (except for Hippolyta) and some have grown smarter and wiser. We shouldn't be using the stats in the World War Two book. I am more than willing to help.

4) Time-Travel/Dimensional Travel. This stuff happens all the time. We should experience it sometime.

5) How about an original adventure for the street-level heroes? Something more on the lines of "Birds of Prey" than "TaskForce X."
Last edited by ScrollMasterRob on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: A few things that need FIXING!!!

Postby Peewee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:35 am

1) Yes, ban it...

2) Yes.. don't hold your breath.

3)See #2

4) If it's not a printed adventures do not expect it any time soon

5) see above
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 am

Rob,

I find it surprising to read this post from you and have you silent at the last game session that would have given us more intelligence, karma, and a chance to kick sentinel ass. Instead I was reminded that this game will take a bloody miracle to change especially seeing that half of the players are more then happy running through linear plots written in the late 1980s...

Timetravel, not unless there was an adventure written about it...

Updated stats, not likely, the DC universe is scheduled for updates in the mid 1990s and we are almost in 1987.. It should only take us about 7 yrs playing to reach there, give or take...

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 am

Well

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, told me and Monica last night that we are now closer to 1989....

Pb
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:06 am

The World War Two book that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, pulled the JSA stats out of was printed in 1991, shortly before the 1993 3rd edition book. A majority of the updates would come from the 1989 boxed set or some of the various "Who's Who"s. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should just give us the updated characters just so he won't have to hear us complain about things...

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is just adverse to doing ANY extra work.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:12 am

ScrollMasterRob wrote:... should just give us the updated characters just so he won't have to hear us complain about things...

ScrollMasterRob wrote:... is just adverse to doing ANY extra work.

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have been asking him to update the stats forever!

Stop dreaming, seriously...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Now WOULD be the best time. We ARE in between adventures. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, could at least give us our updated characters and give us a chance to look at them before the next mod...

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:14 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:Now WOULD be the best time. We ARE in between adventures. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, could at least give us our updated characters and give us a chance to look at them before the next mod...

never

going

to

happen
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 am

I found a copy of the DC 2nd Edition boxed set on-line. Used, complete, and not too expensive. It may not be as updated as the 3rd edition, but there are a lot more characters listed in the box set.

Return to “DC heroes- earth R”