DC Heroes Discussion

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: DC Heroes Discussion

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Gordon is NOT on the lists.

BUT since I kinda got screwed over a die roll to take Changeling, as a matter of honor I must play him, I would like to play Police Commissioner Gordon as a...personal favor to me. And because I think it would be fun to play a dude with a gun, a police car and is older than dirt!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:10 pm

I don't mind new players but I do mind someone asking for the top guns and not coming to games; in fact our players wonder how serious you are since you don't exactly have a continous track record for showing up at games. If your serious then we can talk if not oh well!!!

I see, so you have to pick a strong character from one team, a medium from another team, and a weak from a 3rd team? I don't think there's enough medium characters for that to work btw.

There is, you just have to look or maybe adjust what team you are picking from to make sure you get one.

If that's so then whomever is playing JSA Superman cannot play JLA superman right? Actually that's good because it allows for different people to play the same character. WHAT AN IDEA!!!

Actually I will allow that as I think earth1 & earth2 concepts are good, understand that the earth1 and earth2 versions may be different and that earth2 versions are the older counterparts.

If that's the case, then I claim ANY AVAILABLE BATMAN, I just need one, and I just need to play him once to get it out of my good damn system!!! My preference is to play Batman over anyone else like the Rabid Fanboy I am. I presume the taken Batman is the JLA one right? If not, I claim him.

My cousin said that he would let you play him but the condition is you must showup for the sessions if you plan to play.

If JLA Batman is NOT available, then I pick
JSA: Earth 2 Batman as my weak character
JLA: Hal Jordan as my Strong Character
Titans/Outsiders: Again I would argue for Hawkman or Atomsmasher being medium over weak, otherwise Ray Palmer Atom.

this can be your choice then, but Ray Palmer is Medium as hawkman is weak(a strong weak nevertheless) but a weak and remember hawkman has a mystic mace only reason he beatup superman.

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:09 pm

I just want to play Batman one time, one module, that's it! Just to get it out of my system. I don't need to play him all the time. I am more of a GL guy anyway, but tell Eddy I appreciate the gesture. And c'mon I was pretty consistent during the 4th Edition game, I just hated the fact that you guys claimed all the cool marvel characters. :wink: Seriously though I just got hella busy, and the time slot of Saturday afternoons, wasn't good for me at all.

Now am I correct in thinking that when we play Titans (everyone plays their titan/outsiders characters) OR if we play JSA, everyone plays those characters, etc? I.e. no team mixing right?

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, WTF am I missing? How can Ray Palmer be medium and Hawk and Atomsmasher only be weak? Doesn't atom just shrink and travel across phone lines? WTF!!! Nth metal roxxors bro, and Atom smasher can grow to like 50 feet or something. Well fine, Atomsmasher is probably on par with Atom, but hawkman??? Cmon bro he owns. Can I claim a weak in place of a medium, or it has to be Strong, Medium, Weak?
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, can you place on the master list who has claimed what so it's clear for those choosing, what is available?
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 pm

I just want to play Batman one time, one module, that's it! Just to get it out of my system. I don't need to play him all the time. I am more of a GL guy anyway, but tell Eddy I appreciate the gesture.

If you pick your guys you need to stay with them and NOT every mod requires you playing the same character, some are titans or JLA or JSA type so you will be playing your different guy each time.

, I just hated the fact that you guys claimed all the cool marvel characters.

That is not even a reason, there were quite a number of good unclaimed heros to choose from- admit it you just wanted the very popular ones like thor or captain america but don't say everyone took all the cool characters because Gilgamesh was available and he is a very cool avenger to play alongside Sersi.

Seriously though I just got hella busy, and the time slot of Saturday afternoons, wasn't good for me at all.

we haven't played on weekdays for a long time now so that leaves the weekends only and the best days for us are either saturday from 10:30 to about 6pm to 9pm depending on how long we game and sundays from 3pm to about 9PM, sometimes we will play both days doing either pathfinder, marvel, or a combination.

Now am I correct in thinking that when we play Titans (everyone plays their titan/outsiders characters) OR if we play JSA, everyone plays those characters, etc? I.e. no team mixing right?

No team mixing if I can help it.

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, WTF am I missing? How can Ray Palmer be medium and Hawk and Atomsmasher only be weak? Doesn't atom just shrink and travel across phone lines? WTF!!! Nth metal roxxors bro, and Atom smasher can grow to like 50 feet or something. Well fine, Atomsmasher is probably on par with Atom, but hawkman??? Cmon bro he owns. Can I claim a weak in place of a medium, or it has to be Strong, Medium, Weak?

atom can get into almost any place he wants and his power range in the game makes him a medium character, you don't have to do damage to be a medium character versatility can make you that way.
Hawkman is a weak not because he is really a weak; but because his power range puts him right below medium characters in other words his damage potential in DC is the same as batman's martial artist skill in damage output- thats why.

And c'mon I was pretty consistent during the 4th Edition game

If you can do this when we play DC join us, but you should still check out the board for marvel and see whos still available to play maybe you will be surprized to see who is check it out first!!
we are playing pathfinder at joels tomorrow I thought you wanted to play pathfinder badly at the time we spoke about it then. join us at joels at 11am tomorrow and see what your missing.

teknoblade

Re: DC Heroes Discussion JOSE

Postby teknoblade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:44 pm

These are my choices in order of preferrence... let me know which i will end up with and either way I will be happy.......

1 JSA:
-w Nightwing
Dick Grayson Outsiders vol. 3, #1 (Aug, 2003)
Active as Batman.

-w Hawkman
Carter Hall All Star Comics #3 Founding member.
Deceased in Blackest Night #1 and active in the Black Lantern Corps.

-s Captain Marvel
Billy Batson JSA #37 Inactive; depowered in Justice Society of America (vol. 3) #23.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
1 JLI:
-m Firestorm
Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein Justice League of America # 179 Raymond deceased in Firestorm (vol. 3) # 13; Stein formerly active with Jason Rusch as a new version of Firestorm.
Raymond active in the Black Lantern Corps.

-m Green Lantern
Guy Gardner Legends # 6 Active in the Green Lantern Corps.

-m Plastic Man
Patrick O'Brien JLA # 16 Active in the JLA.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
1titan/outsider:
-w Robin / Nightwing/ Batman
Dick Grayson The Brave and the Bold #60 (June/July 1965) Founding member.
Former member of the Outsiders and the Justice League of America as Nightwing.
Active as Batman.

-s Superboy Kon-El / Conner
Kent Teen Titans (vol. 3) #1 (August 2003) Former member of Young Justice.
Died in Infinite Crisis #6 (May 2006).
Resurrected in Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds #4 (June 2009).

-s Captain Marvel, Jr. / CM3 / Shazam
Freddy Freeman Teen Titans (vol. 2) #17 (February 1998) Member of Titans L.A.
Former member of the Outsiders.
Team member during one year gap.
Depowered as of Brave New World #1 (June 2006).
Repowered as of Trials of Shazam #1-12 (August 2006-2007).
Active as Shazam.
Last edited by teknoblade on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 pm

i expect the first adventures to lead up to this...

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:54 pm

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior wrote:PJ is Gordon even on the list? What is he supposed to be outsiders???

BTW, is the blonde GL supposed to be Guy Gardner (JLA) or Alan Scott (JSA)?

Changeling has to be Titans, so that means that you will need to pick a JSA or JLA member, depending on which GL that is.

Of course he is talking about Alan Scott... who would pass up the opp to play the one GL with a mystical origin.

I find it funny people saying that the "good" heroes were taken as neither Captain Atom, Atom, Orion, Spector, Aqualad/Tempest (Magical Powers and a good pool boy), Plastic Man (Immortal Hero), Captain Marvel (Shazam) {Sr. and JR.}, Nightwing/Robin, Guy Gardner or John Stewart.... I could go on.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 am

Anyone have any luck finding pdf or stats for all there heroes. I cant get decent stats for Captain MArvel Sr. or Jr for anything. Not to mention the fact that the description is nothing like the dc or wiki sites.

Kon-El is an option for a TITAN but is SUPERBOY?
Which Flashes are still available?

I would love to have a listing of the current Team Rosters, including Player. This will help me decide what
teams need.

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:47 am

First of all, I didn't say the good characters were taken, I said that in Marvel the "cool" characters were taken, and that was a large part of why I didn't play. What is cool is very subjective, what's cool to you may not be cool to me, and vice versa.

As long as I can play Hal Jordan I am cool, and don't care about much else. I wanted to play Batman once, just to know I could, but now that I see that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Eddy don't have a problem with it, I don't need to play him. Batman is awesome, to me he is the best and most iconic DC superhero and I honestly don't think I would do him justice. If different players are allowed to play different versions of characters (I.e. JSA Earth 2 Batman and JLA Earth 1 Batman), then I don't mind playing the watered down JSA Batman, if no one else wants to. But I won't take Green Lantern Hal AND Batman, that's just not cool, IMHO. One Marquee character is enough for me.

And Jose, you didn't know Connor Kent (Kon-El) was a Teen Titan? Have you ever picked up a titan's comic book in your life? :wink:

P.S. Superman is a member of the Justice League... :5

Oh and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, said Barry Allen was available a few posts back, not sure about Wally.

[url]

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 am

teknoblade wrote:i expect the first adventures to lead up to this...

I doubt there's a Justice scenario, but if there is that would be the coolest thing ever!

[url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Yeeah Rene...

I think I have Hal Jordan.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Yeeah Rene...

I think I have Hal Jordan.

PJ, You have Alan Scott you gay blond imortal mystical bastard... Not sure who has Hal Jordan but both Hal and Alan are STR....

Rene, Another archer.... Switch it up try Hawkman he is almost as good as batman and just as wealthy, but can fly and has access to unique metal/tech.

Hey, who has MArtin Manhunter? Wally West, as Flash II or Kid Flash?

Also, Someone is playing Brainiac 3 or 5, is Mon-El available? They are Legion member in the future..

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm

f*ck off PJ!!! :]

You have Alan Scott, who is the BLONDE GL.

Hal Jordan has brown hair!!! Damn it, if I can't play Hal Jordan I am gonna /my wrists!!!

BTW, I am surprised no one has made fun of my funny pictures (at least I thought they were funny...C'mon Martian Heart? :wink: )

Anyways, DAMNIT Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, POST WHO HAS WHAT CHARACTERS SO WE CAN SIMPLIFY THIS sh*t, STOP SUCKING.

[url]

Return to “DC heroes- earth R”