The New Sith Wars (Campaign Introduction)

Title: New Sith Wars
System: v3.0-v3.5
GM: Philip Slama

Moderator: Ozymandius

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

The New Sith Wars (Campaign Introduction)

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Campaign Introduction

Campaign History

"Either we win this war or the Sith will, what then will change?"
―Lord Hoth

After nearly a thousand years of war, the Sith were in near-collapse—although the eleventh century BBY would later be described as the "Republic Dark Age", there is little evidence for any coherent Sith threat for much of the period. The Sith, though exponentially increased in number, were divided against one another, as the various warlords and self-proclaimed Dark Lords fought each other for supremacy. The Republic officially branded the war a "series of protracted military engagements" against an illegal organization but in reality the Sith were rampaging across the galaxy virtually unhindered, oppressing entire star systems.

The Republic, for its part, was a shrunken remnant, a pale shadow of what it once was. Much of its former territory was in the hands of independent Sith warlords who squabbled over the dying embers of the New Sith Empire. While they remained divided, the Republic was given some respite.

"Kaan turned away from the light and formed the Brotherhood of Darkness. The Brotherhood used the dark side of the Force to build an empire and were well on their way toward expanding it when an army was raised to oppose them. The army of opposition consisted of beings of many species and planets, representing all walks of life. But they had one thing in common. They were Jedi."
―Luke Skywalker

Out of the ashes of the New Sith Empire, a former Jedi Master, Lord Kaan, reorganized the Sith into the Brotherhood of Darkness, over 20,000 strong. In an attempt to end the intercine feuds that had torn their empire apart, Kaan ended the tradition of a sole Dark Lord of the Sith, and recognised each and every claim to the title by the rival warlords. Kaan forged his alliance with the creed of "Rule by the Strong" and "All are equal in the Brotherhood of Darkness". He made his headquarters on the planet Roon.

He became a Sith Lord, and eventually the Dark Lord of the Sith; known to his supporters as the "Dark One." At the time of Kaan's ascent, the New Sith Empire had fractured, with dozens of Sith Lords claiming the title of Dark Lord and waging endless campaigns against each other, rather than uniting to bring down the ailing Republic. Sensing that their endless quest for supremacy and power would destroy the Sith, Kaan set about reuniting the various splinter states under his banner.

"The forces who favor anarchy over structure have won. For what is this 'democracy' they speak of if not the absence of order? Of reason? Surely the strong should rule—for that is nature's way."
―Lord Kaan

Kaan became the founder of the Sith army known as the Brotherhood of Darkness, and managed to turn it from a scrabble of feuding warlords into a powerful force to take control of the galaxy. The two most powerful Sith warlords—Kopecz and Qordis—pledged themselves to his cause, and they were followed by others, such as Kas'im, LaTor and Kaox Krul.

With his charisma and power, the Sith struck back at the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order. Thousands of Sith and Jedi battled one another across the galaxy. Among the most notable opponents of the Sith was the aged Jedi Master Lord Hoth, who became a General with the Republic forces. Beginning around 1,010 BBY, this new group launched a series of attacks designed to destroy the Jedi and the Republic.

"This victory sends a message to the Republic and the Jedi. Now they will truly know and fear the Brotherhood."
―Lord Kaan

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying

Re: The New Sith Wars (Campaign Introduction)

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:34 pm

So can the PCs be on either side of the war?
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:56 am

No you may not, however it does not prevent you from using dark side powers or entering dark prestige classes as long as they do not require a mentor.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm good so far as I get the books as mine are lost in the dust....

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:27 pm

Jose it is on Sundays from 11:30-6 or 7pm at my place.

If you are still interested I'll burn you a CD and bring it saturday.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Jose it is on Sundays from 11:30-6 or 7pm at my place.

If you are still interested I'll burn you a CD and bring it saturday.

I'm intrested, but the 10 player cap kind so scares me, seeing how well 10 players works out in MSH

Look how well this saterday ran for you all with 6 players.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Peter, unlike yourself or Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, I have considerable experience running tables larger than six.
I much prefer larger tables because I have considerably more control over the proceedings and the players.

MegaCon is one of the great examples of an 18 player table that finished a two-round episode in exactly eight hours.

The Summoning is one example of TWO tables each with 15 players that finished a one-round episode in five hours.

Multiple players is not the issue, the issue is the compentancy of the judge.

And I would like to get moderator rights to lock these posts and move these comments to a different thread in the forum.
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Humm

I thought I gave you full control
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The New Sith Wars”