The new (and improved) 3.5....
Its time to get our game on.

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Access to Items

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:53 pm

The way I understand item access, all a player needs to do to gain access to virtually ANY item or weapon enhancement is to :
A) Have the Prestige to afford said item/enhancement
AND
B) Spend Prestige points to be able to buy said items and enhancements-even if said items and enhancements are not listed on the chronicle sheet.

Guess who's back in the mod breaking business.
Ed, I need a definitive break difficulty for a feather token whip. At MegaCon, we figured the break difficulty to be 16.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Re: Access to Items

Postby Needles » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:The way I understand item access, all a player needs to do to gain access to virtually ANY item or weapon enhancement is to :
A) Have the Prestige to afford said item/enhancement
AND
B) Spend Prestige points to be able to buy said items and enhancements-even if said items and enhancements are not listed on the chronicle sheet.

Guess who's back in the mod breaking business.
Ed, I need a definitive break difficulty for a feather token whip. At MegaCon, we figured the break difficulty to be 16.

Remember, you don't actually spend PA for magic items, You always have the maximum PA to buy Magic Items. Now, if you die and you want a raise dead then you actually have to spend sixteen PA in order to get raised. Believe it or not, you don't have negative levels when you get raised, says so in the Guide.

What most people do is take the CMB of the whip, +15, and add ten to the number to get a CMD of 25. The book does not say the CMD of the whip, I went online and also got the same advice.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Re: Access to Items

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks, Ed. Always a pleasure consulting the experts.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Return to “Pathfinder”