The new (and improved) 3.5....
Its time to get our game on.

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Needles
Slave to this message board

Cube of Force Revisited

Postby Needles » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:33 pm

According to Pathfinder Chronicles: Classic Treasuries Revisited, You can not block spells and cast spells out of them.

It says in the text: "The powers of the cube that Nex kept for himself were a closely guarded secret, but rumor has it that with his cube, Nex could block incoming magic at will while still casting spells outward. While modern magical scholars believe this effect to be impossible, much of the magic of Nex is shrouded in the seemingly impossible."

That is under the "Cubes of Force on Golarion" in the book. That means that there is only one Cube that does this and no other, the cube that Nex had. The Cubes of Force that Nex made, which is more than one that has different kinds of magical power, not the same as the cube mentioned earlier, has fallen into the hands of the Council of three and Nine, and some remain abroad according to the text.

We may have not been following the rules of a Cube of Force in 3.5. The reason why I say this is that it mentions this power so matter of factly as if everyone should know this. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Cube of Force Revisited

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:51 am

We may have not been following the rules of a Cube of Force in 3.5. The reason why I say this is that it mentions this power so matter of factly as if everyone should know this.

The rules for the cube is exactly as I have always said as evident by the special cube which is exactly how every cube of force works. They just want to neuter other cubes in Glorian to make sure all others work at less capacity then the way it should be; because when I had a cube of force in my hand in 3.5 I was almost inpossible to kill.

Needles

Postby Needles » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Out of curiosity, what is your source that all cubes in previous editions were like the Nex Cube?

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 am

Read ALL editions from 1st to 3rd; it is always the same except that it gets a little stronger from 3rd editon up. The description as quoted is that it keeps things out!!!! therefore it cannot stop things from coming out except from the spells it indicates on the special table under its description because they drain the cube's charges- very elementary my dear watson!!

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:46 am

And on that special note that it keeps things out, it would also mean it keeps Air out, so your caster is suffocating. So the real question is how long can you hold your breath and cast?
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:25 pm

I so have to comment on this one:

PWNED!!! AGAIN!!!

We now return you to your lack of forum programming.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:14 pm

And on that special note that it keeps things out, it would also mean it keeps Air out, so your caster is suffocating. So the real question is how long can you hold your breath and cast?

Nowhere near pwned!!- that is why there is a keep out gases function you just answered your own question since a cube is 10' x 10' lots of air for 1 person just enough to OWN the encounter!!!!

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:40 pm

It did say in that revisited article that you can float in water in a cube of force since it does not let in or out air with keeps out all things. It did say how long you last breathing but I don't remember how long. It was something around three to five minutes depending on how many people we in the cube.

Too late now to ask Wizards if you can attack through a cube of force when it keeps out all things. We shall have to work with what we have, Classic Treasuries Revisited that is.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 am

Again the classic word is KEEPS OUT (nothing about in)

Needles

Postby Needles » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 am

No, no, the book Treasure's Revisited said that nothing could go in or out and that is why a Cube floats. It explained it thoroughly in the book.

Return to “Pathfinder”