The new (and improved) 3.5....
Its time to get our game on.

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

Needles
Slave to this message board

Switching your god to another god

Postby Needles » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 pm

I asked Joshua Frost the events manager if I could switch gods and he gave me a paragraph for an answer. Someone asked if this goes for all characters that have a god theme to them and he said yes, it goes for other religious characters too. Here is what he said:

"Looks like I have a new thing to add to the Guide with the next update!

Okay, so first of all, keep in mind that nothing in that book is currently legal for play. I'll add that book in the next update, but right now it's not there and is thus not legal.

Changing gods as a cleric is a Big Deal. I will add something like the following paragraph to the next update:

Clerics are allowed to switch to a new god (as their character changes or as new supplements become legal for play that contains deities better suited to the flavor of cleric a player is shooting for). Switching to a new god is not an easy process. First of all, the cleric's old god is angered by your cleric's decision to switch loyalties to another deity and your cleric effectively becomes an ex-cleric with all of the punishments noted on page 41 of the Pathfinder Core Rulebook.

In order to then become a cleric again, your cleric needs to atone to the new god by means of an atonement spell. Keep in mind that this version of atonement (restoring cleric powers) costs 3,000 gp (or 8 Prestige Award). This change needs to be noted on the chronicle sheet of the scenario the cleric was playing through when the change occurred. Your cleric's new deity must be within one alignment step of the cleric. If your cleric is not within one alignment step, she must atone again (this time using the 500 gp or 2 Prestige Award atonement) to change alignment to match or be within one step of her new deity. Once the new god is chosen and the atonement(s) is/are cast, your cleric may now select her new Domains (if any).

Remember that your cleric no longer retains any special abilities, spells, skill bonuses, bonus feats, etc. of the old domains and instead replaces them with the new abilities etc. of the new domains. Also keep in mind that by changing deities as a cleric, your cleric now has a new favored weapon and loses the old favored weapon bonus proficiency feat. This change does not change any current weapon your cleric may possess that matches the favored weapon of her original deity--i.e., your scimitar doesn't magically become a greataxe. "
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

thetrickygnome

Re: Switching your god to another god

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

Damn, piss off a god and you get your ass handed to you.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:Damn, piss off a god and you get your ass handed to you.

lol it is ALMOST as bad as dieing

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Yeah, it reminds me of what happens when you withdraw your 401K prematurely - they tax your ass at like a
20% penalty. ;)

Return to “Pathfinder”