pfs# 15 Asmodeus Mirage - Paizo reviews/comments about it!!

The new (and improved) 3.5....
Its time to get our game on.

Moderators: MorganWolf, grey, Peewee

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

pfs# 15 Asmodeus Mirage - Paizo reviews/comments about it!!

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:17 am

I know the mod we just did was crazy and put every one on edge several times, there were times people lost their cool to the encounters, but I just want people to know that some of us knew what we were getting into as it was mentioned we would most probrably be walking into a meat grinder of sorts; how bad we did not know until we played it and we found out the hard way. I myself dropped in the main fight and was angry but only to the fact that there was no chance for re-studying and it took us thru serious phases as it was an endurance run for sure. We have to remember that the judge did run it as the mod suggested and maybe he made some calls we would disagree with; we need to understand that anyone running this kind of mod would not be looked at favorally as the scenario is catered to make any party go down to its last resources.
Check out what I found on Paizo:

That being said, I do think my group enjoyed the very challenging encounters at Tier 6/7. They did a great job improvising and using anything and everything they could find to help them.

For me, this took over 5 hours to run and even then it was rushed.

I ran this one for the first time this weekend. I didn't like it when I played it, but I hoped I could make more sense out of it when I GMed it. I couldn't. This one is very frustrating for both the players and the GM. We were crunched for time at the end of the convention and there were 7 combats to get through. No resting, nowhere to get healing or resupply expendables. Completely ridiculous. It's going to take some thought on how to mitigate this one before the next time I run it.

I just played it today, and we won it despite the fact that we had an understaffed party due to some last-minute cancellations.

It was a pure butchery ! We should have died ten times, and only survived because we had amazing luck. I critted at least five times, and the DM failed all her saving throws vs the color spray and glitterdust of the gnome illusionist.

Besides, from a player point of view, it felt really weird.

I agree with most of the comments here.

I just played this yesterday and it took us 5 1/2 hours and our DM hurried us a bit. We played Tier 6-7

Joshua J. Frost (Events Manager), Tue, Nov 3, 2009, 02:08 PM Flag | List | Reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This particular scenario has some oddities in it because of the location in which it's set. Most scenarios are much more thematically inclined that this one was.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Re: pfs# 15 Asmodeus Mirage - Paizo reviews/comments about it!!

Postby Dwraith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 am

Tips to Make a game faster:

1. Don't bring or Distratct players with things not revelent to the game.
Bringing comic books and talking about stuff not relevent to the games slows down the game...

2. Pay attention and Listen for your turn.
For one round to pass in that game it took close to 25 mins. I timed it. Keep your focus on the game and what your going to do before it's your turn...

3. The DM rulling is law.
Deal with it, who could can over rule a DM. If you have an issue, look it up, and bring it to the DM attention, NOT stop the round to make sure of the ruling. How many times was i wrong in my ruling? One, maybe two times in the WHOLE game.

Just droping something to think about. Also I am NEVER running a table more then 6 from this moment at all. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, You better enought judges show to run your events, your eat the mod and RUN YOUR OWN EVENT!!!!
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:56 am

1. Don't bring or Distratct players with things not revelent to the game.
Bringing comic books and talking about stuff not relevent to the games slows down the game...

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard uttered by a gamer of any system. It only slows down the game if you let it. Who cares if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Rene are talking about Thor getting pwned in a comic book or that half the table is watching Teen Titans. It's your job as a judge, all of our jobs as DMs, to set the players straight and get them on track.

2. Pay attention and Listen for your turn.
For one round to pass in that game it took close to 25 mins. I timed it. Keep your focus on the game and what your going to do before it's your turn...

Unfortunately Mario I'm going to blame you for this. (Wait for the collective intake of breath...) Yeah, I said it. It is your job as the judge to keep the game moving, ensure it does not get bogged down in the "details" and to ensure that everything is running efficiently.

Now before the backtalk begins I will point to SEVERAL instances where this was accomplished with larger tables than what you had to deal with and the solutions used there.

*The six second rule should have been used. If you can't figure out what you want to do after six seconds then too bad, so sad, your turn is over.

Temple of the Frog 2005 - I got to run a 15 player table and an 18 player table of this ONE ROUND module for Blackmoor and EVERYONE got to move, they had the six second rule (it was suspeneded during roleplay) and they finished the module. The second table died a horrible deeath but it was orderly and EVERYONE got a chance to participate until they were executed. MegaCon 2006 - The Night of Goss (I ran three tables of this game: two 12s and one 18 players table) it was a two round module. Each time it finished in eight hours. EVERYONE GOT TO MOVE, PLAY, INTERACT and no one was bored or doing "other stuff." WIPOU 2004 - The rewritten battle interactive provided to us required me to run a table of thirteen MAGO students and ROB for an entire battle interactive. They finished before Peter's Table did in every ecounter AND they even hit the monster attacking them with a catapult strike. EPISODE 41: Confectionary King - NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THIS MODULE DID I EVER RUN A TABLE SMALLER THAN SEVEN PEOPLE. And everytime we finished it within four hours (it had five combats all of them above the EL) and everyone got to play and have a good time.

Many of the actions taken in those combats were unesscessary and could have been easily averted had there been proper communication between the players and the judge.

And being that the judge's word is law does not mean it is to be used like a cudgel to beat the players back into submission. It is simply there to remind them that you are the final arbiter of the rules. Beging confrontational back towards them is a poor way to retain that control; or by saying, "I'm doing what the module told me to," is just a cop out.

Do I care about last night? Not really, my actions are simple: My tURN: (Cast Hex), Standard; (Cackle), Move.

That's it, I'm real easy to play.

In fact I'm so sure I could do a similar module in length and number of combats with the VERY SAME table participants and prove that it could be fun and still only four fours.

Why?

Because I specialize in ridiculous situations and crisis management when it comes to getting gamers on the ball and in the game. You would be amazed at how the propsect of missing one's turn with the imminent threat of character death movtivates players to pay attention and think ahead.

And as for tracking their initiative there is a much easier way to do it. I know you watch me stumble and bumble about with it because I don't like doing it but when it comes time for me to manage my numbers I've got the easiest way to remember it. And what's great is that it works. Ask the homegame players. Thaal of this because they are forced to play at eight person tables, with over twelve different initiatives, seven source books and a deathwish dealing DM every sunday and are they pissed off? I guess not cause they keep coming back.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Dwraith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:25 pm

ok, don't worry. Next time i will become a complete dick when i run and i will follow your advice no matter who bitch it was my turn and i didn't get to act or Telling them to put away there sh*t or i kicking them off the table.

Thanks for the Advice!

also on another note. People playing at a con are under a time constraint and are mostly thinking of finishing the slot so they don't mix the next one. Games days don't follow this system very well.
Stargate Universe

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I wouldn't follow that course of action mario, I recommend you not take the hammer approach it just gets people to never want to have you as their judge. You should just be even-handed and no matter what we would like as judges sometimes players diviate from what we would like them to do--its called human nature.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Dwraith » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm

I just don't want to be put in those situations again. I love running games, I enjoy GMing. I enjoy challenging you guys by playing the encounters intelligently and with tactics that monsters would do. Yet i also understand if i was an ass at running i would One-Mech the party like you would do in Left 4 Dead and then what could you do. I remember you guys when we went up to Con's Like Mega-Con and Tri-con about Certain DM's who only JOY would to cause as much party death that people would walk away from tables if he sat down. I told my self i would never be a dick like that, yet you guys couldn't stay focus on the game? If we all wanted to just hang out, couldn't we use some other form then this? You guys came to enjoy the game and not Get pissed about someone here, or just no pay attention that it was a pain for me. I sat there for almost 8 hours running you guys, with out stopping except twice to wish my friend David a happy birthday, and to talk to my girlfriend since i hadn't talked to her for almost 5 hours. The last 3 hours i sat there with a fucken headache trying to push the game on, trying to keep on Initiative and people focus on the game, but also not let it be a cake walk or no challenge that you guys talk and boast about something made easy. Sometimes i wonder why i still play....
Stargate Universe

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Disclaimer: What I'm about to say is going to offend some people but at this point I'm annoyed enough to
simply say that if a person is offended by what I write too damn bad.

A REALLY simple way of avoiding one of the problems that arose in Saturdays game is to follow one of
the rules laid down by the RPGA, that being that another player at the table CANNOT cast a spell upon a
fellow player or in the area of a fellow player that can be damaging, detrimental, or potentially fatal to
the affected player. So when me and two or three other ass kicking fighters capable of dealing serious
damage are spinning ( the rest will remain a secret to avoid spoiler info ) it is assenine to cast a spell
which can potentially greatly hinder the fighters (which already have low Will saves to begin with) that
are stuck within the maelstrom. As it is my fighter and Eds fighter average about 15-20 hit points of
damage per shot and when we got hit with the spell it not only added a -2 to hit to both of us but it also
penalized us with a 50% miss chance, making the total penalty of -4 to hit on top of a 50% miss chance,
all this while we are getting thrashed around for hit point damage every round.

And for the record I have little or no respect for the person who cast this spell and put us in this situation.
My days as Triad and helping to runs WiPoU cons proved to me that he is an arrogant, conniving prick.
(Please see my disclaimer above)

IMHO, a much better alternative would have been to cast buff spells that affect multiple friendly
targets, thus making it easier for them to hit even while stuck in the "situation" we were in. That
way, when me and Ed hit with each of our attacks we do our average of 15-20 hit points per shot.
The creature had like 112 hit points so that means that 6-8 average shots from me, Ed, and anyone
else in the maelstrom would have had a good chance to take it down. This not me trying to say I am
a bad ass but one language that never lies is math - the language of the universe. I know the math
as far as damage output on my character sheet and that of Ed because we have compared them more
than one and the math says that if you buff us up (being higher level than most at the table and
pure fighters) that we are going to beat ass. Case in point - during the game when someone "finally"
cast a buff spell on me I popped 37 points of damage on one shot against a creature. Like I said,
math does not lie.

Secondly, one of the things that also pissed me off in the game is the way the buff spells were
distributed. I love Monica to death and my respect for her is extremely high but Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, as always,
was getting pretty much all the buff spells at the table while me and Ed were also front line tanking
like 90% of the time and absorbing a hellacious amount of damage throughout the whole mod. The
clerics and other casters at the table were also treating Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, like the chronic epicenter of all buff
spells hitting the table. Add to this the fact that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, cannot stop from making a comment about
his characters "undeniable awesomeness" every 6 seconds and it gets to be an excercise in "it's all
about Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, being the top dog at the table no matter what" mentality. Hell, there was one time
where even Richard did his turn and said something to the effect of "we'll since I'm not worried about
turning this game into a competition I'm done" and looked over at Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and shook his head. After
a while it gets REALLY tiresome and it makes a person just want for the game to be over with.
Towards the end of the game I was so disgusted by the way things were going that I pretty much
tuned out most of the players at the table with the exception of Richard, PJ, Kid Dave, and Ed. I like
kicking ass as much as the next guy and hitting that crit or casting that spell that wrecks the foes
in one shot and turns the tide but the truth is that sometimes "it's not about me" and I'm cool with
that. Too bad some people don't "get it".It should be obvious now why when the game ended I grabbed
my sheet and left rather quickly.

And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, from now on please do me a favor. For purposes of your chronic insulting of my characters
just "STFU" and I'll return the favor to your PCs. You ALWAYS have to compete against every one at
the table and after a while it just becomes tiresome and trivial.

And to Mario I would like to formally apologize TO YOU for my outburst on Saturday. I could have
expressed it in a better way but I DO NOT CHANGE MY POINT OF VIEW ON THE MATTER WHATSOEVER.
As a friend and a DM you deserve better than that, especially given the awkward and uncomfortable
position you were put in. When spells are cast that might adversely affect a fellow player the caster
should get CONSENT from that player before doing so and if the player to be affected says "No" as I
did before it was cast, then the caster needs to find another alternative. But I also have to consider
who the player was doing it - his track record is tainted enough as it is. I also do not apologize for
stating that one player should not chronically put himself as the lord, master, and epicenter of power
at any given table, keep harping on their "awesomeness" and then smear their ego into the faces of
other players. D&D is supposed to be a team game and if for whatever reason players feel that they
need to constantly gravitate their resources and attention to "one player" then I find that to be rather
deplorable.

I have no doubt this response will be removed from the board so I am taking the liberty of copying &
pasting it onto a Microsoft Word file. That way if it is deleted by the powers that be for "stepping on
Supermans cape" then I will just repost it again. And before people start judging my response as too
abrasive keep things in perspective for two reasons.

1) I've seen alot worse put on this board and stay here.
2) Be glad I showed restraint because I was in a mood to be far more "edgy".

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:48 pm

This is my 2 cents. That mod was too long and we had too many players at the table for a 1 rounder. I was really agrivated after the game I couldn't even drive home or I probably would have had road rage or 100MPH speeding ticket. So I went to the gridiron to chill and get some food.

My character doesn't have a lot of buffs but I pretty much always try and include the best attackers in my haste. Even excluding my own character. The first haste I used I hasted fighters players that were jammed in the hallway to get them into the fight and flank those bears. That is why the guys in front did not get the haste.

I think Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, goes out of his way to ask for buffs and that is why he gets buffed more, where you and Ed who are pretty quiet about it. I don't think it is some conspiracy. I always try and buff both you guys. If I was to pick an order for my haste it would be You, Ed and Then Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, because the better you have to hit the more effective my spell.

I do think you and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, both have a competition going. I find it pretty funny when you two go back and forth but I have seen both of you get upset at the other for smack talking. Some times when the scenario isn't going good you two can be more sensitive to all the ribbing. That mod was wearing on all of us.

I was getting tired of competing for space in the game with all the players we had. That dungeons was too small.

I think if Chris had explained his logic in casting the spell it would have been better accepted. I was sorta shocked when it happened. His logic seemed to be sound and if it was better explained may have been accepted.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Richard, I don't ask for buffs for one simple reason - the experience of the players at the table most of
the time. I've been playing D&D for more than half my lifetime and the same or close to the same can
probably be said about most (mind you not ALL) of the players at that table that day. On top of that, the
players at that table are generally VERY smart and VERY sound of strategy (and I begrudgingly admit this
applies to that ass clown who cast the glitterdust as much as I flat out don't him). Buffed up, me & Ed can
cause a serious amount of damage just like Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s PC (unless the creature is evil in which case he
has the clear advantage). So why the hell
cast a spell that works against a fighters weakest save (that being Will) that will target them just to get
to another creature. There were like 3 or 4 of us in that thing and it had a better chance to save than we
did simply on the basis of it's HD. That math IMHO would have favored me, Ed, and others there just
smacking the crap out of it. So really, I don't ask for buffs because personally I think that there is
enough intelligence and experience at the table that I should not have to ASK for a buff. Knowing that
people like me and Ed are going to take a beating in the mods casting them on us from time to time should
be done without any coaxing. Example, if I was a cleric in the party I would be holding buffs for 3-4
people, the eidilon and the front line fighters. At 5th level wizard, I'd have a couple lesser level buffs &
my 3rd level spells would be fireball and haste because haste affects multiple people.

Secondly, I knew what the strategy was and while it was being discussed I flat out said "Do not cast
glitterdust in my area because my Will save is not that great". Well it was done anyways and I consider
that to be not only an act of disrespect but sheer arrogance. You know who had their head on straight
amazingly enough? PJ, because he cast ray of enfeeblement which is a TOUCH attack on the creature &
drained it of like 3 strength WITHOUT AFFECTING ME AND ED AND OTHERS IN THE THING ADVERSELY.
There's another thorn that's been bugging me for a while but as opinionated as I am there are some
things that if said would be catastrophically destructive and I'm nowhere near that point of angry YET.

I'm not blaming you at all for anything Richard, hence the reason I said as the game was ending I was
paying attention to some people at the table and ignoring others. The guy that cast the glitterdust needs
to understand something and I hope he is reading this. He needs to stay the hell out of my way both in
game and out. He needs to never speak one word to me again because between the crap he pulled when
I was Triad, the garbage he pulled at GenCon, and the crap he pulled at WiPoU as nice as he comes off
of during the games I consider him to be a douchebag. Richard, so far in Pathfinder you've played your
PC in away that I cannot complain about and your use of the eidilon has been strong, smart, and party
constructive.

And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, always pulls that crap in the games. He mentioned like 10,000 times "Oh my adamantium is
going to keep me from falling" or "I'm virtually untouchable with my high AC and adamantium." When
Mario was dealing out damage Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, kept saying stuff like "No, you don't deal 10 damage you deal 7
because of my adamantium." Half way thru the mod I just got tired of the whole "I'm the baddest man
on the planet" attitude and tried to not even pay attention to the 1/3 of the table. It's always the same
crap no matter what - he's not happy if he's not the top dog. Hell, even when we do out mock combats
against one another and I tell him "Use only your base feat and weapon skills let's see what happens"
all of a sudden I'm being the unfair one. But you know what, it's been this way for a while and it won't
change EVER. Maybe when a person gets called "the godfather" long enough, they think that it's okay
to skip the "father" part and simply go with the "god" part.

I'm with you Richard. What started out as a potentially fun game turned into about 8-9 hours of chronic
frustration. Somebody needs to buy Mario a six pack or something for running the game as he did under
such strained conditions because all things considered he did a good job. I can see how even with a 6
person table this mod can run long - the constant combats and no resting was ridiculous.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 am

If you asked him not to cast the spell that is whole another animal and your wishes should have been respected. I can understand why you got upset.I missed that whole conversation in the chaos. You apologized for it and I consider it forgotten. I enjoy playing with you and your always welcome at my table.

You really can't compare a fighter to other classes. Fighters are the unsung heroes of 3.5+. You have a lot feats but they don't have the power of debilitating spell effects and some utility abilities of other classes. The format of living campaigns play into the strength of casters because you have limited combats usually. At the end of that mod all the casters were spent and it was the fighters carrying the fight. I misplayed my spell resources. I didn't expect so many combats.

I think pretty much everyone was pissed off at the end of that game. I really can't think of a worse play experience for me except at tri con where that douche bag from GA went out of his way cheating to kill our party.

lets chalk it up to a learning experience. We all need to check out the reviews for the mods we plan to play in the future.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:43 am

I wanted to mention something about play experience.

I always try and be mindful of people play experience. You really don't hear this term tossed around much in RPGs but in miniature games we speak of it. It is negative play experience. Just cause you can destroy a player who has lesser skill doesn't mean you should. The most important thing is for everyone to have fun. I beat some new guys pants off and basically ruin his time he probably won't come back to play again. It is a negative play experience. Some times it can't be avoided but every player lost hurts our hobby.

RPG are more complex you have lot more ways to ruin someone's play experience. It can be as simple as messing up someone's rounds, taking too long on your turn or even trying to monopolize most of the time. Argue too much about rules. Just imagine if there was some new players at that game they probably wouldn't have come back. So when I cast my first haste I cast it on people who were stuck out of the combat to get them involved. I also try and help someone soft spoken like Monica and even Rob. Monica can get drowned out very easily and it can be very frustrating to her. She is not as aggressive/loud as us guys. When players get knocked out of combat. the players with healing need to make every effort tactically to get them back in the game so they don't just sit there for 20 mins. Sometimes you can't but we need to make every effort. I think everyone needs to be mindful of each other. It is something I have to work at every game. I can easily get caught up in the moment and forget.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:52 am

I just don't want to be put in those situations again. I love running games, I enjoy GMing. I enjoy challenging you guys by playing the encounters intelligently and with tactics that monsters would do.

The scenario you ran was longer than expected but that was not your fault; no one knew that the scenario had that much to do until you got it to do and you ran it in your style, I did hear the scenario was to be meatgrinder and I warned many people that it would be; so most of us were not surprized or should not have been it was only because of table size that it was worse off.

I have no doubt this response will be removed from the board so I am taking the liberty of copying &
pasting it onto a Microsoft Word file. That way if it is deleted by the powers that be for "stepping on
Supermans cape" then I will just repost it again. And before people start judging my response as too
abrasive keep things in perspective for two reasons.

1) I've seen alot worse put on this board and stay here.
2) Be glad I showed restraint because I was in a mood to be far more "edgy".

SURPRIZE its still here

one of the things that also pissed me off in the game is the way the buff spells were
distributed. I love Monica to death and my respect for her is extremely high but Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, as always,
was getting pretty much all the buff spells at the table while me and Ed were also front line tanking
like 90% of the time and absorbing a hellacious amount of damage throughout the whole mod. The
clerics and other casters at the table were also treating Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, like the chronic epicenter of all buff
spells hitting the table.

Since you were seated on the other side of the table, you didn't hear that the fact I received 1 buff from monica was because she considered at one point that mario was concentrating on me to drop me as many of her buff spells go to her animal companion mainly. so she even leaned over and said to me " I really don't like to see a player singled out to be dropped so I'm going to buff you with barskin" and she asked me if I wanted it so I did not refuse it. I'm positive that if you had asked her she would have gladly given you a buff spell so don't blame the others for buffing me , I understand the need for buffs and ask if I can get one and richard is right I do it because I am not afraid to ask for one.
I asked pederson to give me grease for the grappling ankegs which he almost didn't because he wanted to save it for later, he would have given it to you if you had asked but you don't want to deal with him so don't blame me for asking him.
You should also know that the bless spell from my cousins character was my idea for him to carry; so it looks like I wanted that single buff for me then.
Remember I said you have a drinking problem well it seems that you have many potions to buff you so the other players think you have the neccessary buffs already not because you are singled out for any reason; I even asked you later on in the game if you had certain buffs and you told me you did so don't say I hog it all because if that was the case I would not have bless weaponed 2 other members of the party and protection from evil either.

And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, from now on please do me a favor. For purposes of your chronic insulting of my characters
just "STFU" and I'll return the favor to your PCs. You ALWAYS have to compete against every one at
the table and after a while it just becomes tiresome and trivial.

even after all these years you still don't get it do you rene? I don't give 3 shits about what the other players are capable of doing better; I care that I can do better than our opposition this is the reason for the various powers I can come up with for my characters I challenge myself. if you consider that this is trying to challenge you then you need to see why you think that way because I don't. when I have talked to you about many variations on what I can do with the different classes it's because I try to get your opinion about the way it might work to see if it is capable of being done not because I'm belittleing you in any way, you have taken this part a little too personal I respect your opinion otherwise I would not ask you half the things I do. You started this thing between our characters after I started my ranged attack mode from wizard after all why would you buy a ranseur just to show me what your fighter can do to disarm me? I didn't go out of my way to buy anything to show your fighter up so who is the one trying to show who up?

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Dwraith » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:04 am

no offense Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, but being the only paladin at the table with smite made you the target. You had the easy ability to do the most damage against the DEMONS. Against the Others creatures it didn't matter, but when an opponent can cast detect good and Magic and see what you are, you are consider the harshest threat to them. When it comes to evil outsider, Paladins excel at dealing with them, and they knew that.

Also Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, You talk a lot of sh*t when you are at the table. This coming from someone that also messes with you about the strength of your character. I know my weaknesses with my monk and i am built around dealing well with caster and assisting the party by taking and PINNING the most Dangerous threats or taking the heat off those that can deal with it. You may make Constant jokes about my name, but would you if i where Asian like Kevin? I did pick a real Asian name and in all a DM might consider that like Racist. So i make it a point not to act so childish with other, you seem to be offending people more then often...

I going to drop this since you all should have read the rule on this. I am going to be strict on this at any table i run from now on....

Do Not Bully Other Players
We’re all friends here and we’re all playing a game together
with the singular purpose of (hopefully) having a wonderful
time. Do not “push” other players around just because your
character can. Extreme forms of dysfunctional play will not
be tolerated. A little fun banter between PCs can be great
roleplaying, but when you find yourself doing everything
in your power to make another character look like an idiot,
or undo everything they are trying to accomplish in-game,
you’ve probably lost sight of the purpose of Pathfinder Society
Organized Play and may be asked to leave the table. Playing
your character is not an excuse for childish behavior. GMs
will work with their coordinators to resolve any out-of-game
conflicts. If you are both the GM and the coordinator, use
your own discretion. Extreme or repetitive cases should be
resolved by asking the offender to leave the table.

Having to talk about this show how far a lot of us have gone way off the Path...
Stargate Universe

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:57 am

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, it takes a standard action for me to use a potion which means that during that round I AM NOT
ATTACKING!!!! What is the main function of a fighter? TO ATTACK THEIR ENEMIES AND ELIMINATE
THEM AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE SO THAT THEY DO NOT ELIMINATE THEIR FELLOW PCs!!!! When I am
constantly on the front line and do not have the luxury of self-heals as a swift action that generally
means I am going to take a monstrous ass beating and guess what...that is usually the case. Sometimes
I can take in a potion because I have time to do so BEFORE combat and without it deterring my offensive
capability. But in the heat of battle, in the middle of a cluster f*ck of bad guys it is detrimental to me to
stop, waste a round to take in a potion while I am being beat on and my fellow party members are being
trashed.

And no, you recieved a buff from Monica AND a grease spell from Mr. Nimrod so don't sit there and
tell me you got just one buff spell. At least if you are going to try and defend your position be honest
about it. And again, given the position I am normally in and the beating I take which is PLAIN TO SEE
AS IT IS HAPPENING IN FRONT OF EXPERIENCED PLAYERS AT THE TABLE I should not have to ask for
one. It should be evident that tactically speaking people like me, Ed, yourself should get the benefit
of buffs even-handedly. And I don't deal with Mr. Nimrod for reasons you know rather well but if your
memory is failing you ask Ramon why I think the guy is a jerk - he will do a good job of reminding you.
You're entitled to be friends with whoever you want. I carry some potions for buffs but as I said
before, when combat occurs instantaneously and without notice (such as ankhegs rising out from the
sand by surprise) fighters reduce their effectiveness the moment they stop for one round to take a
potion. All the potions in the world mean alot less if the two attacks I can do which average 15-20
hit points per shot are wasted on the use of a potion. Wouldn't it suck if while I stop to use a potion
that one of our party members get killed because instead of confronting that foe myself and taking
the hits they have to take it instead. Do you get the picture now? And when I did get a solid buff with
a blessed weapon I made the most of it.

And I agree with Mario as far as the demons are concerned. You are a paladin - you radiate the good
on a divine level, like a flare of blazing light in a sea of darkness. You are everything that demons and
devils are sworn to hate and destroy more than anything else. So if you find yourself surprised by
getting an ass whipping from demons then that's ridiculous. Power comes at a price and for all those
fancy paladin powers it comes with the job just as me being a front line fighter comes with getting
trashed first more often than not.

Anyone who plays with you knows that you are constantly boasting about your PCs abilities, even in
the DMs face and the other players, even something as simple as repeating the effectiveness of your
adamantium armor 20,000 times. Richard even caught it in the last game and shook his head and
commented about it. I bought the ransuer because I got the Stand Still feat & the ransuer gives
me a +2 bonus to disarm. I also got the ransuer AND a longspear (which allows for the Brace ability)
because I was ALSO GETTING THE LUNGE FEAT WHICH I NOW HAVE. Put your ego aside for one second in
your life & realize that it was not about you - it's about attacking creatures with 15 ft. reach, 20 ft reach if
I'm enlarged and being able to brace for double damage vs. a charge or disarm at reach with a +2 bonus
due to the weapon and not drawing an AOO because I do not have Combat Expertise. My build did not
happen because of your PC. My build is what it is because is has a blanket of effectiveness against
ALOT of different foes, large, medium, small, lightly armored, heavily armored, ect. But once again
you attribute another persons actions to the "undeniable greatness" of your PC which you do not hesitate
to spout off about during the game incessantly. There's a reason I respect Big Eds PC alot and constantly
offer him a drink to honor his battle prowess - he stays humble, doesn't spout off like a faucet all the
time, and kicks some serious ass with a solid build and with very little in special tricks other than his
feats and the OCCASIONAL buff.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:31 pm

And no, you recieved a buff from Monica AND a grease spell from Mr. Nimrod so don't sit there and
tell me you got just one buff spell. At least if you are going to try and defend your position be honest
about it.

I guess you didn't read the part I said on my post, let me illustrate it again. 1 buff from monica- 1 buff from pederson. READ PLEASE!
Since you were seated on the other side of the table, you didn't hear that the fact I received 1 buff from monica was because she considered at one point that mario was concentrating on me to drop me as many of her buff spells go to her animal companion mainly. so she even leaned over and said to me " I really don't like to see a player singled out to be dropped so I'm going to buff you with barskin" and she asked me if I wanted it so I did not refuse it. I'm positive that if you had asked her she would have gladly given you a buff spell so don't blame the others for buffing me , I understand the need for buffs and ask if I can get one and richard is right I do it because I am not afraid to ask for one.
I asked pederson to give me grease for the grappling ankegs which he almost didn't because he wanted to save it for later, he would have given it to you if you had asked but you don't want to deal with him so don't blame me for asking him.

I was honest so please don't assume I wasn't.

And I agree with Mario as far as the demons are concerned. You are a paladin - you radiate the good
on a divine level, like a flare of blazing light in a sea of darkness. You are everything that demons and
devils are sworn to hate and destroy more than anything else. So if you find yourself surprised by
getting an ass whipping from demons then that's ridiculous. Power comes at a price and for all those
fancy paladin powers it comes with the job just as me being a front line fighter comes with getting
trashed first more often than not.

since you happen to agree with mario, then why are you bitching that monica buffed me for that time I was being targeted, make your argument when its unfair don't be a hippocrate.

Anyone who plays with you knows that you are constantly boasting about your PCs abilities, even in
the DMs face and the other players, even something as simple as repeating the effectiveness of your
adamantium armor 20,000 times. Richard even caught it in the last game and shook his head and
commented about it. I bought the ransuer because I got the Stand Still feat & the ransuer gives
me a +2 bonus to disarm. I also got the ransuer AND a longspear (which allows for the Brace ability)
because I was ALSO GETTING THE LUNGE FEAT WHICH I NOW HAVE. Put your ego aside for one second in
your life & realize that it was not about you - it's about attacking creatures with 15 ft. reach, 20 ft reach if
I'm enlarged and being able to brace for double damage vs. a charge or disarm at reach with a +2 bonus
due to the weapon and not drawing an AOO because I do not have Combat Expertise. My build did not
happen because of your PC. My build is what it is because is has a blanket of effectiveness against
ALOT of different foes, large, medium, small, lightly armored, heavily armored, ect. But once again
you attribute another persons actions to the "undeniable greatness" of your PC which you do not hesitate
to spout off about during the game incessantly.

AND

Also Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, You talk a lot of sh*t when you are at the table. This coming from someone that also messes with you about the strength of your character. I know my weaknesses with my monk and i am built around dealing well with caster and assisting the party by taking and PINNING the most Dangerous threats or taking the heat off those that can deal with it. You may make Constant jokes about my name, but would you if i where Asian like Kevin? I did pick a real Asian name and in all a DM might consider that like Racist. So i make it a point not to act so childish with other, you seem to be offending people more then often...

I going to drop this since you all should have read the rule on this. I am going to be strict on this at any table i run from now on....

Do Not Bully Other Players
We’re all friends here and we’re all playing a game together
with the singular purpose of (hopefully) having a wonderful
time. Do not “push” other players around just because your
character can. Extreme forms of dysfunctional play will not
be tolerated. A little fun banter between PCs can be great
roleplaying, but when you find yourself doing everything
in your power to make another character look like an idiot,
or undo everything they are trying to accomplish in-game,
you’ve probably lost sight of the purpose of Pathfinder Society
Organized Play and may be asked to leave the table. Playing
your character is not an excuse for childish behavior. GMs
will work with their coordinators to resolve any out-of-game
conflicts. If you are both the GM and the coordinator, use
your own discretion. Extreme or repetitive cases should be
resolved by asking the offender to leave the table.

aGAIN YOU DON'T GET IT- thats alright then you want it to be this way then fine. I will just do what I must do- nothing more.
Mario don't you ever accuse me of being racist ever, and yes I have given kevin sh*t about his asian characters.

Return to “Pathfinder”