I have no life
I have no life

poisons very deadly now

Postby Thanos » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 pm

Lets take an ant sting

Special Abilities
Poison (Ex) Sting—injury; save Fort DC 12; frequency 1/round
for 4 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save

Poison is like a hold person spell now. You have to make a save each round for 4 rounds and once you make it the effects end. There is no more 1 minute later you have to make another save you just go by the initial frequency. The DC increase by +2 for each additional dose in your body and the duration is increased by 1/2 the frequency.

Round 1
Ant sting you.
you make a save DC12 and fail the save you take the 1d2 strength damage
Round 2
Ant attacks but misses
Round 3
Ant sting you.
you make a save DC14(cause there is another dose now) and fail the save you take the 1d2 strength damage
Round 4
Ant sting you.
you make a save DC16 and you make the save the effect ends

The real problem is when you get hit by multiple stings. It gets funny cause it resets when you make a save lets say 6 ants sting you.

Round 1
Ant1 sting you.
Ant2 sting you.
you make a save DC14 and fail the save you take the 1d2 strength damage
Ant3 sting you.
you make a save DC16 and you make save and effect ends
Ant4 sting you.
Ant5 sting you.
you make a save DC14 and fail the save you take the 1d2 strength damage
Ant6 sting you.
you make a save DC16 and fail the save you take the 1d2 strength damage

Round 2
No ants hit you cause you run away
You still have to make 7 more rounds of saves at DC16 until you make a save. frequency 4-1 round already gone=3 rounds +2+2 for 2 more doses=7 rounds at DC 16(12+2+2)

pretty nasty stuff. This makes having delay poison or neutralize poison more useful.

Needles
Slave to this message board

Re: poisons very deadly now

Postby Needles » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanos wrote:Lets take an ant sting

Special Abilities

Poison is like a hold person spell now. You have to make a save each round for 4 rounds and once you make it the effects end.

No, notice it says "cure 1 save." That means if you fail the initial save you just have to save once to get by the poison. If it said Cure 3 saves, then once you fail the initial save you have to save once each round till you save three consecutive saves in a row. Each time you make a save you don't suffer the consequences. Say you fail the third round and made the first two saves. The third round you suffer the 1d2 Str damage and have to save the fourth round. Then that is the end of the poison cause it went on for only four rounds.

If you make the initial save you are fine and don't have to worry about that dose again. If you fail the initial save you suffer the consequences of the poison and have to make more saves, or just a save to end it.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Needles wrote:
Thanos wrote:Lets take an ant sting

Special Abilities

Poison is like a hold person spell now. You have to make a save each round for 4 rounds and once you make it the effects end.

No, notice it says "cure 1 save." That means if you fail the initial save you just have to save once to get by the poison. If it said Cure 3 saves, then once you fail the initial save you have to save once each round till you save three consecutive saves in a row. Each time you make a save you don't suffer the consequences. Say you fail the third round and made the first two saves. The third round you suffer the 1d2 Str damage and have to save the fourth round. Then that is the end of the poison cause it went on for only four rounds.

If you make the initial save you are fine and don't have to worry about that dose again. If you fail the initial save you suffer the consequences of the poison and have to make more saves, or just a save to end it.

I think that is what I said. You make the save and the effect ends. It is like a hold person spell once you make the save the spell ends. I thought that was clear. If you don't save on any rounds you are going to take 4 rounds of 1-2 strength damage each round from one sting. If you save at the first round of the sting you take no damage and have no more saves.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Buy your antitoxins now people!!!!

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 pm

good fort save more important then ever!

Needles

Postby Needles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:54 pm

I have a mediocre save.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Guys I cannot believe this has been up for this long.. Yes the DC and Duration get increased per dose in the PCs body, but one (or in some cases two) successful save ends all the drama....

PAGE 558, Pathfinder Core Rulebook....
"For example, a character is bit three times in the same round by a trio of Medium monstrous spiders, injecting him with three doses of Medium spider venom. The unfortunate character must make a DC 18 Fortitude save for the next 8 rounds. Fortunately, just one successful save cures the character of all three doses of the poison."

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:56 pm

I think we established that. some poisons you need 2 consecutive saves. A lot more deadly then 3.5

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:25 pm

totally missing the point... i can have X doses of a particular poison running through my system... If I make the Save the effects go bye-bye till i get hit again. I not like some dm have been running it that you need to make sepparate saves for each source poison.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm

teknoblade wrote:totally missing the point... i can have X doses of a particular poison running through my system... If I make the Save the effects go bye-bye till i get hit again. I not like some dm have been running it that you need to make sepparate saves for each source poison.

So? The poison activates every round from 4 to 6 rounds plus the extra doses. You keep failing your save and you keep taking damage. A lot worse then 3.5 when you took 1 and then maybe another hit a minute later and the dc didn't go up. Some poisons you need 2 consecutive saves in a row. IMO a lot nastier now.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Poison use is very powerful if given as a class ability at low lvl like the alchemist, but any class that gives you poison immunity makes your PC now poison use safely. I plan on using it with a flurry of shurikans...

PS
Note for those scheptical....
"Injury poisons are primarily contracted through the attacks of certain creatures and through weapons coated in the toxin. Injury poisons do not usually have an onset time and have a frequency of 1 round."

Though it is not clearly spelled out in the rules. The fact that this type of poisons fall into INJURY and not CONTACT implies that if DR reduces damage to 0 then there is no successful application of the poison.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 pm

thats an awesome idea...
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Return to “Pathfinder”