36 23,000
40 31,000
45 41,000
49 54,000
54 70,000
58 92,500
63 120,000
67 157,500

Since your character only has a 36 mod career its hard to say when you should cash in your points and get some use out of the items.

Needles
Slave to this message board

Re: prestige points

Postby Needles » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:13 pm

It gives some hint that they might make some mods for levels higher than twelve.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:36 am

Item cost and spending points arent related. You can spend points on anything on that list but your total prestige for items never goes down...that is your current level of open access for magic items...
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:59 am

Item cost and spending points arent related. You can spend points on anything on that list but your total prestige for items never goes down...that is your current level of open access for magic items...

So David, let me understand what you are saying here ( and please point out if I am wrong or not ). Let's
say I do like 20 mods and I get a prestige point in each one, putting me at 20 prestige points. Based on the
prestige point total to magic item value chart in this thread I can buy an item worth up to 8,000 gold. Now
let's say my fighter character decides it's time to buy a low cost buff item to increase her strength that
costs 4,000 gp and spending 13 prestige points. This would leave me with 7 prestige points left. Are you
saying that regardless of how many prestige points I have left after this purchase that the cap for me buying
magic items is still based on my 20 prestige points earned up to this point prior to and even including my
purchase?

I have not paid much attention to the whole prestige points relative to item access purchase rules which is
why I am asking this.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:42 pm

I am a little confused by it too. From what I gather you can use prestige points for spells to get a res our remove a negative level or whatever but your total prestige points is the most you can spend on magic items from the approved magic item list which I can't seem to find any where.

So you track prestige point like 18/18 (18 8,000) and say you need to get raised. So a raise costs 5k for arguments sake so you would subtract from the first number so after raise lets say you have 13/18 points left. You only have 3k worth of usable points for spells and such but you can still buy as many 8k magic items as you can afford cause it is based off the second number. I guess it is a way to control advancement for the character and stop people from hoarding money to buy one op magic item.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm

So you track prestige point like 18/18 (18 8,000) and say you need to get raised. So a raise costs 5k for arguments sake so you would subtract from the first number so after raise lets say you have 13/18 points left. You only have 3k worth of usable points for spells and such but you can still buy as many 8k magic items as you can afford cause it is based off the second number. I guess it is a way to control advancement for the character and stop people from hoarding money to buy one op magic item.

If your interpretation is correct Richard then I agree that this is a good way of controlling magic item
dispersal in the campaign and maintaining a sense of balance. From what I have read it seems to be that
the prestige point total is used to measure the highest cost item you are allowed to purchase and the
points themselves might be used to actually buy the items themselves. Still, I'm a bit confused about this
myself.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:01 am

Richard is correct...oh and the new book give A LOT of detail into what being a pathfinder means...if any of you want it I can figure a way to email a large file i will send it to you...
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with

the wildest tales."

David

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:32 am

Being a Pathfinder?

Wow, they'll get people to buy anything...

It reminds me of the "Idiots Guide to <Insert Title Here>" for roleplaying.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “Pathfinder”