Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Post all your 617 Fiction here
User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby Peewee » Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Home Coming

It’s been three weeks since his release from Jail... yet it feels like years ago.

When he walked out of prison he saw his dear friends, the new warriors, surrounded by crowds of reporters and Anti-mutant demonstrators.

Things should have gone differently…. Somehow he knows that… but they didn’t.
It started with someone… some animal… tossed a glass jar at Firstar’s feet, a jar that held a still born mutant fetus…*

Before he knew it, Vance had several protesters aloft in his Telekinetic tendrils.

Anger and Rage flowed through him like an flood, much like that fateful night.


“What am I doing??” He thought to himself.

Looking back at Firstar they shared a look, with a glace they spoke… she mouthed the words “no…” and in a blink of an eye Vance had dropped the protesters and taken off into the sky…

That night he found himself on the streets of New York alone with no place to stay, ashamed at his actions… He glanced at TV’s in bared up store windows, reports of “out of control mutants” and the recklessness of groups like the new warriors played on every news cast.

He slept on stone steps that night, unsure of what to do next…

So much has happened since that night, before he knew it, he found himself living in a small apartment in the Bronx, taking a job in working in the Stark building, taking a position with the company Hero’s for Hirer, Fought side by side with members of the X-men, walked among the gods of Asgard fighting beside the likes of Thor and Hercules, started personal training with none other than his boyhood hero Captain America, and was even recently offered a chance to try out for the Avengers.

It all happened so fast…

Now he stands at across the street of Ambrose Building, unsure of what do to next… the life he lead with the New Warriors seemed so long ago… Angelica would be worried sick about him, Dwayne may very well be mad at him, especially if he saw the add from Hero’s for Hire…


“How the hell do you say I’m sorry? How the hell do I tell them that I kind of need to stand on my own for a while? What the hell am I going to tell Angelica?” Vance mutters to himself as he crosses the street.

The building looks very much the same way it always looked… walking to an elevator he pushed the PH button… “Identification Please” a mechanical voice asks.

With a crack in his voice he answers “Vance” half expecting to hear a denial of access response…
“Identification accepted… Welcome home Vance”

Reaching the Penthouse level the doors of the elevator slowly opened, to reveal Nova standing in the center of the entrance hall, arms crossed, dressed in his costume…

“Do you ever take that thing off Bucket Head?”

Unfolding his arms with a shrug Nova answers “We just got back from a joint operation with a group of mutants calling themselves X-Force.. We could have used you…**”

Was it him or did he detect a bit of venom in Nova’s tone, he was commonly short tempered, so it’s not really unexpected. “I’m sorry,” quickly wishing to change the conversation “Umm, is Dwayne and Angelica here?”

Turning to open a door Nova replies not even looking at Vance “Yep they are here, Angelica has been worried sick about you… and Hero’s for Hire hu… never pictured you the Mercenary type.”

“It’s not like that… Hero’s for Hire just help people out in the Bronx, and I just felt like it was a good place to help out”

Turning back at Vance “What do you mean by that?”

“It’s not what you think... I meet this guy who offered me the job, they help out like shop keepers which are having problems with the mob, or sometimes it’s just security work”

“Sounds wonderful… I have to go, Angelica is in the main room and Dwayne is up in his room.” With that Nova bolts into the air, leaving though one of the Penthouses skylights.

This is not going to go well…

Turning a corner he Vance suddenly finds himself slammed agates a wall with a pair of lips pressed against his... Her smell, Her taste overwhelms him but before he can lose himself in a sharp, hot, sting comes across his face… and he opens his eyes to see Angelica starring at him, her hands and eyes glowing a faint red..

Ya, that’s going to leave a mark…

“Were the hell have you been? We have been worried sick! Well that was until we saw you on the news… you could not even call me? Not even a “Baby I’m Alive?” Nothing????”

Slap

“You basterd! Why didn’t you fucking call me”

Slap

“Why did you leave us like that”

Slap

“Why did you leave me…”

With that she collapsed into his arms crying, slowly they both slide down to the floor… They sit there on the floor as Vance did most of the talking…

“I guess I just need to find myself, I don’t want to leave you… but I think I may need some time to get my head together… I still want to see you, but I just don’t know…”

With that they sat there, and both cried.

Vance woke up to a sound, reflexively pulling Angelica close and putting up a telekinetic shield.

“You know you two should get a room”

The hallway was gloomy, but that voice Vance knew very well…

“Hay Dwayne… I”

“I know” answered Dwayne, stepping out of the shadows. “I heard the entire thing, these halls have the bad habit of allowing voices to carry...”

With that Angelica’s eyes pop open… “Should I leave you two to talk?”

“Not necessary” holding out his hands, Dwayne, otherwise known as Night thrasher helps the two hero’s to their feet. “You are always welcome here Vance, being a member of the New Warriors is not mandatory, but once you are a member you are always welcome back…” and with that both Vance and Dwayne shake hands and hug

“Hay, you want to go get something to eat? You have to tell me about that Asgard adventure you had... I didn’t catch all of it”

Glancing at Angelica and Dwayne “Ya, I can use a bite”

“Umm” a quick high pinched voice echoes from around the corner “Can I come too, hearing you all talk from all the way down the hall has me hungry”

Glancing behind him Dwayne responds “Ya Robbie... come on... in civilian clothes”

“So where are we going?” asks Angelica leaning up against Vance’s chest.

“I know this amazing pizza place in the Bronx, they are open 24 hours too, and they have some of the BEST hot wings I have EVER had” answers Vance.

“Bronx hu…” Dwayne answers “Man I was in the Bronx last week”

“Kicking the crap out of a thug doesn’t count” Answers Vance with a smirk

With that they head off, arriving back at the Ambrose Building a little after 4am…

Reaching the Penthouse the doors again slowly open as Vance speaks “I’m heading out guys I have to be at work in 5 hours”

“Wow the glory of working at Stark Industries” comments Robbie in a sarcastic tone

“Hay it’s a job, besides using my TK to control 10 letters at once is kind of Zen”

Razing an eyebrow Dwayne glances back at Vance “You have been watching too much Karate Kid, you know you can always crash here”

“Besides I have something to show you” grabbing Vance by the hand Angelica leads Vance into the equipment room. “I was working on something before you got out of Jail; I want you to have it…”

Image

* New Warriors 43
** New Warriors 45 & 46
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:05 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby teknoblade » Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 pm

I liked the post but could someone maybe combine the three threads for justice into one as its getting hard to keep track of what is where...

PS
Arnt you supposed to bow a little when you Curtsy?

PPS
DONT FORGET THE JUMP DRIVES OR LAPTOPS FOR THE COMICS THIS SATURDAY.....
HAD YOU HAD THEM YOU WOULD PRACTICALLY HAVE SPENT HALF THE KARMA YOU DROPPED FOR THAT POWER STUNT.....

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby Peewee » Wed May 06, 2009 10:18 pm

One,

Cant be there this saterday.. HELPING MY DAD MOVE... and I need help..

as far as Justice Fiction, this will always be my thread for any future Justice Fiction.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
grey
King of the hill
King of the hill
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby grey » Thu May 07, 2009 9:16 am

You know the real question for Justice is... did you get ass punked in jail?
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert
Image

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby Peewee » Thu May 07, 2009 9:20 am

grey wrote:You know the real question for Justice is... did you get ass punked in jail?


LOL

I read the stroies when he was in Jail.. he was a bad ass... bad ass
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 9:33 am

You know the real question for Justice is... did you get ass punked in jail?


See Albert, that's one of the advantages of the very adapatable power of telekinesis - it addition
to allowing you to move objects it is also an excellent deterrent against any unwanted anal
probing. ;)

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby Peewee » Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 am

thetrickygnome wrote:
You know the real question for Justice is... did you get ass punked in jail?


See Albert, that's one of the advantages of the very adapatable power of telekinesis - it addition
to allowing you to move objects it is also an excellent deterrent against any unwanted anal
probing. ;)


Rene,

I was woundering what you thought of the story... I'm kind of disapointed that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, didint comment on this...
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 9:50 am

I was woundering what you thought of the story... I'm kind of disapointed that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, didint comment on this...


I enjoyed the story. It's a good representation of the character with the exception of the Hero for
Hire thing. Vance would not really do the whole psuedo-merc thing but the Avengers membership on
the other hand and the whole homage to Captain America is dead on accurate. At least you made it
clear that your intentions for joining Heroes for Hire was for more than a mere paycheck. I think
Night Thrasher would have been a little tougher on you but I also feel that he would have done what
he did - leave the door open for a possible return.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the story of the life and man behind the name Justice is
infinitely more powerful and compelling than his actual powers.

Now do me a favor and try to stay alive when you play my mod because I have a feeling I'm going to
kick your butt. :)

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby Peewee » Thu May 07, 2009 9:57 am

thetrickygnome wrote: I enjoyed the story.....


Ty, comming from you its a hell of a compliment

thetrickygnome wrote:Now do me a favor and try to stay alive when you play my mod because I have a feeling I'm going to
kick your butt. :)


Just give me 5 more adventures...

then

Bring
It
On
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: miami

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu May 07, 2009 10:12 am

Bring it On


Famous last words. At least I know what your epitaph will be.

User avatar
The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:31 am

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby The Heretic » Thu May 07, 2009 11:30 am

Critique:

No mention of the quaint studio Luke Cage hooked you up with on W 126th and Lenox.
No Mention of the introduction to Fried Chicken and Waffles at Amy Ruth's with Luke Cage.

But alright. its fine
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby Peewee » Thu May 07, 2009 11:38 am

The Heretic wrote:Critique:

No mention of the quaint studio Luke Cage hooked you up with on W 126th and Lenox.
No Mention of the introduction to Fried Chicken and Waffles at Amy Ruth's with Luke Cage.

But alright. its fine


LOL

thats my next fiction.. I may be writing the meeting between Luke and some memebers of the new warriors...

I was thinking of slipping the story (time line wise) into the dinner they went out to get in the story above..

I'm trying to find some stuff to read up on Luke before I do it though, what to make sure I do it right...

Of course.. you can always write the story.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:05 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Fiction: Justice: Home Comming

Postby teknoblade » Thu May 07, 2009 11:46 pm

I'm sorry Peter I cant pass up an opportunity for instigating comic drama... Am I reading previous posts that Vance was a bad piece of ass while in jail... That would explain the lack of popularity...

Sorry but couldnt let it go...

PS AGAIN YOU MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET FILES AND GENERATE THAT POWER STUNT YOU LIKE.......TSK TSK


Return to “Fiction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest