Thinking about a new setting...

The forum for home campaigns.
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Thinking about a new setting...

Postby Peewee » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi everyone

I have an interesting setting brewing in my head… I have no idea what label to put on it... but I was thinking of grabbing my D&D style home world and updating it, but changing its genre to a high-technology/magic-rare/Psionics world closer to Final Fantasy X and IV then Shadowrun.

For the system I was thinking about using a modified version MSH rules set with some alterations, seeing how simple the system is, and how flexible, it may be what I’m looking for. Some of the alterations I had involved renaming of some things, balancing defensive powers, and adding some additional flexibility for non-powered individuals. And chaning the Karama system a little, maybe make it more like XP and add Drama Die from 7th Sea.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Thinking about a new setting...

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:27 pm

Come on Peter, this is SO the wrong place for that type of game.

If you aren't slashing and burning something in every other encounter our attention tends to wander...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Omg pj....

Have you even played FFX or seen advent children? The battles are far more epic then classic D&D..

Clearly you have no idea the type of world i'm thinking about...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Sorry, but I think no one's going to play it because no one has time for a campaign made up of different systems. People want to do more pathfinder & marvel right now as that is what is HOT!! right now and 4th edition has let people down. We plan to do sunday as pathfinder- are you doing what you promised and running that scenario we talked on the phone about on sunday that included you, me, and rene? I already ATE! one as promised and we plan to try to have 2 tables for sunday if we can.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 am

MorganWolf wrote:Sorry, but I think no one's going to play it because no one has time for a campaign made up of different systems. People want to do more pathfinder & marvel right now as that is what is HOT!! right now and 4th edition has let people down. We plan to do sunday as pathfinder- are you doing what you promised and running that scenario we talked on the phone about on sunday that included you, me, and rene? I already ATE! one as promised and we plan to try to have 2 tables for sunday if we can.

::: looks up at his first post :::

All I proposed as a setting idea, that’s all… Never said I was going to run it on Sundays, never said I was going to not run pathfinder, never even hinted at it.

I was looking for insight and/or criticism… all I got from you was attitude…

Please stay on topic… or your post will be deleted…

Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 am

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Hi everyone
I have an interesting setting brewing in my head… I have no idea what label to put on it... but I was thinking of grabbing my D&D style home world and updating it, but changing its genre to a high-technology/magic-rare/Psionics world closer to Final Fantasy X and IV then Shadowrun.

When I first posted this.... ^^^^^^^^^

It was because I have been looking for a new side project to work on, I'm feeling creative as of late.

You are the one that read into it as much as you did
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Home Campaigns”