GM: Gregory S. Walker

Moderator: Ozymandius

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Glaivelock Extrodinaire!

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Richard,

Dear lord baby Jesus! Well I just finished the build and I am worried Greg is going to take it away...

I mean, who doesn't want a character who can cast 12th level Cleric spells AND is a Warlock AND can dish out AMAZING melee and ranged damage?

Wow, it was amazing. A touch attack that deals 8d6+37 per attack. And if you buff it it goes to 8d6+43 AND if I enlarge it goes to 8d8+43 AND I get four attacks.

But wait: I have Persistent Divine Favor and Persistent Righteous Might all day every day!

Two words...

Ouchies.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Re: Glaivelock Extrodinaire!

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 am

Greg will ban you or Ao will send something (or someone) to kill you.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:09 am

Yeah well, I mean what I did with my wizard was essentially the same thing but I did it with arcane instead of eldritch energy. At least this time there are no "reserve" feats and all the stuff that I have he has already allowed on Richard.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 am

Get Greg to approve the character BEFORE the game starts. Then we can hunt down and kill WARDUKE!!
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 am

No way! He already let me play the Warlock/Cleric/Eldritch Disciple last week. Just because I gained one level and found an awesome greater incantation shouldn't cause him to think any less of my character. I couldn't even do this until 14th level which we just got.
- Philip Slama

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:01 pm

OK Richard here is the final breakdown:

All of these are either TOUCH attacks or RANGED TOUCH ATTACKS...

ATK 1: +16/+10; 8d6, x2
ATK 2: +21/+16/+11; 8d6+7, x2
ATK 3: +24/+24/+19/+14; 8d6+10 [+2d6 Acid], x2; AC 33, Touch 24, 27
ATK 4: +27/+27/+22/+17; 8d6+10 [+2d6 Acid], x2; AC 36, Touch 27, Flat 30
ATK 5: +30/+30/+25/+20; 8d6+10 [+2d6 Acid], x2; AC 39, Touch 30, Flat 33
ATK 6: +16/+16/+11/+6; 8d6+38 [+2d6 Acid], x2; AC 39, Touch 30, Flat 33

ATK 1 is the base attack of Eldritch Blast with the Shaped Invocation Eldrtich Chain and the Essence Vitiriolic Blast.

ATK 2 is the base attack of my Eldritch Glaive with Vitriolic Blast and persistent spells.

ATK 3 is with Righteous Wrath.
ATK 4 is with Rescutation.
ATK 5 is with Aspect of the Chain Devil? and power attacking for 14.

During this time period for 24 Hours:
Resistance Fire 24 (I can change it as a standard action to any energy type and restart the 24 hour clock).
DR 8 / Cold Iron and Good.
+2 Luck Bonus to a Single Save (Going to probably be REF).
Entropic Warding (recast every 11 minutes, that is the duration of the lowest spell); I am always surrounded by an Entropic Shield (20% miss on all ranged attacks), Pass Without Trace (11 Hours) and I can not be found by scent.

And finally the piece de resistance!

As a standard action every turn I can cast Relentless Dispelling if he pisses me off.

I hit you with a Targeted (or Area) Dispel Magic and then on my next turn it gets cast on you/the area again at the start of my turn without doing anything! That is a harsh invocation!

Greg should have just let me play the crack Spellthief5/Wizard1/Spellwarp Sniper5/Abjurant Champion3!

This is sick! And what's worse is that I CLERIC levels. I mean I looked over the cleric spell list for non-save spells and really what I can up with is a secondary healer who (since I now do melee) can heal massive damage on himself in case the cleric ain't near me and can word of Recall away if sh*t hits the fan...
- Philip Slama

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:51 pm

looks good. We need someone who specializes in touch attacks. Your wizard was probably more powerful but this guy is close and has more utility.

Take 3 hellfire warlock levels and you can probably double your damage.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:32 am

Yeah...the Hellfire Warlock looks interesting but sacking your Con is not a pretty sight especially if I can't get the items to repair the damage (it's sort of a win/lose with that PrC). What I may do though is pick up a level of Wizard and then take up the Arcane/Divine version so I can use my spellwarp ability better.
- Philip Slama

Return to “The Forgotten Realms: Darkness Falls”