Infiltrate the Dread Pagoda and the Library of Inscrutible Knowledge

Notable Quotes:
Ramon: "Are you sure you weren't compromised?"
Krynn: "No."
PJ: "Well, 'technically, no' is the right answer."
Greg: "The true source is on the table."
Matt: "I walk up and shapeshift it into me."
Ramon/PJ: "WAIT!"
Greg: "Above you floats a Beholder and two of his smaller Beholder Minions, ringing the roof of the library are multiple Monks, a shaman caster, a Rakshasa, Wu Jen and the Major Domo. Roll initative."
PJ: "Great, didn't anyone think to look 'around' before doing anything?"
Chuck: "Krynn you're first in the iniative."
Krynn: "I stab Rob, I hit, make a Fortitude Save."
Rob: "What?"
Greg: "Josh, did you give Krynn those poisons before the combat?"
Josh: "[Laughing] Yeah."
Ramon: "Well I guess he was compromised..."
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Re: Status Report: May 17, 2009

Postby Thanos » Mon May 18, 2009 6:12 pm

note to self we suck at infiltration and dungeon crawls...

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon May 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Note To Group:

The Group minus Me sucks at infiltration.

What was rule #1?

Don't fucking speak. If you need to speak answer yes or no only. If a short answer is required keep it simple.

What happened when we got there?

Matt was in Bear form and got thrown out. Ramon started blabbing. Krynn got caught (not his fault, it was a beholder). You and I sat there, gathered information prior to the mission, went in, tried to assess the situation, then when we were ready we moved out.

Could it be helped we had a spy in our midst?

Of course, but Ramon didn't listen. I told him you can't question Krynn if he has been compromised because the Yak man knows ALL HIS MEMORIES. So you can't ask him to verify his authenticity. Once he was pinched we were screwed.

What I find interesting however was the fact that Greg let him inform the rest of the party of our plans...

That didn't make sense if he was controlled.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Mon May 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Note To Group:

The Group minus Me sucks at infiltration.

What was rule #1?

Don't fucking speak. If you need to speak answer yes or no only. If a short answer is required keep it simple.

What happened when we got there?

Matt was in Bear form and got thrown out. Ramon started blabbing. Krynn got caught (not his fault, it was a beholder). You and I sat there, gathered information prior to the mission, went in, tried to assess the situation, then when we were ready we moved out.

Could it be helped we had a spy in our midst?

Of course, but Ramon didn't listen. I told him you can't question Krynn if he has been compromised because the Yak man knows ALL HIS MEMORIES. So you can't ask him to verify his authenticity. Once he was pinched we were screwed.

What I find interesting however was the fact that Greg let him inform the rest of the party of our plans...

That didn't make sense if he was controlled.

The plan was

1. We are ordinary peasants/pilgrims
2. we work in the day and at night when everyone is asleep explore. Nite=less people=less chance of missing skill roll.
3.We map out the place out learn everything possible then.

Two seconds into our infiltration I was just shaking my head

I told mat not to be in bear form. He is in bear form.
Ramon confesses to pilgrims he uses magic AKA cheating the pilgrimage.
Krin runs off first thing during the day...

Greg said Yak folk are egotistical and think they are superior to all races. So what do we do? Argue with them.

I did love when the Jan made Ramon piss.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue May 19, 2009 9:35 am

Dude, I know, why do you think Ramon and Matt were responsible for CERTAIN things in the other party?

Look, I'll do things to myself and my characters that other people are like, "WTF?"

But when it comes to the party in the home game I want to be responsible for fucking up nothing at all. Krynn was doing fine since he had that invisibility ability until he got caught.

I could care less about what happened to Krynn (he was the best person to do it) but what Matt and Ray did was stupid. What was even worse was what happened with the True Source. What people just walk up and take something without looking around?

I was trying to tell Greg that I wanted a description of the room, what it looked like, etc. so I could decide what we would do but what happens?

People go off and grab things.

No people, that's my job. I do the stupid stuff. I sat there looking at him and Ray just thinking, wow, you guys fucked up.

Look my plan for the Isle of Dread is simple:

1. Get there alive.
2. Stay alive.
3. Leave there alive.

Since we will be there a "year" I am going to go burn my money on the following:

+4 Silent Shadow Padded Armor
+1 Animated Adamantine Heavy Steel Shield

My AC will go up from 22 to 27, I will have no armor check penalties (the steel shield is reduced to a 0) and my hide and move silently go up by +5.

My alternate choice is to do the following:

+4 Silent Shadow Padded Armor (AC goes to 24)
Belt of Dwarvenkind (+2 Con, 60ft Darkvision, Stonecunning)

I still think I'm going to go with the first group though.
- Philip Slama

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 pm

First, we have to GET to the ISLE of DREAD. Will it be a case of "..a three hour tour...The weather started getting rough..." or will it be a case of "We're gonna need a bigger boat."?

And I was SOOOO tempted to KILL KRYN while he was helpless..perhaps next time someone might become a victim of FRIENDLY FIRE...Sundered while petrified or thrown into the area of a cloudkill while unconscious..I thought of doing many potentially EVIL THINGS while POISON WAS COURSING THROUGH MY VEINS.(3d6 CON draining poison).

I may not be so nice next time.....
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed May 20, 2009 8:54 am

Let me point out that the boat ride is three months.

And Rob, this is a warning to you and the rest of the party, with the exception of mind control situations:

I will shoot the sh*t out of anyone who attacks another party member.

As Greg saw 40 points of damage a round is a bitch from me and that was with no critical hits and only two of four arrows hitting.

I'll drop your character faster than you can get to me, I'll stabilize you, and then drop you off at the nearest law enforcement office because I intend to keep my Good Tendencies.
- Philip Slama

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 pm

When I am "mind controlled" and sundering all the weapons and shields I can with my poisoned wounding great axe, I hope the rest of the party is as understanding as I was.

I had plenty of opportunity to KILL KRYNN, but I didn't!! I was going to take 17 points of CON damage and DROP DEAD if Dave hadn't cast delay poison. I WANTED to take my revenge on the thing that was inhabiting Krynn's body before I died, but instead I waited for Dave to cast a spell so I wouldn't have to kill a new PC on their first day.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 pm

You were trying to push the bookcases over on them when you should have gotten together with Richard, Matt and the rest of the party. Both Ramon and myself stayed on the lower floor to mop up the remaining Monks after Dave had sealed the ceiling.

I shot Krynn twice, right after he poisoned you and when he moved up the stairs to stab at you again.

I knew you were facing secondary damage, but I'm not a cleric so I mentally counted the ten rounds you had. On the eighth round I was going to remind Dave to get to you, he got to you on the seventh.

The real culprit was not Krynn, the poison was not his, instead it lies at Josh's feet. He gave those items to Krynn and applied them to his weapon so Krynn wouldn't get poisoned. No one in the party carries poisons except Josh, I feel no need for them and Matt has his "good" disease that knocks a person out.

Besides, you can't take revenge on something like a Yak man when it's inside a person.

You would have killed the host and the Yak man would still be standing. We only freed Krynn because of the negative damage we caused.

The contemplation of evil is different than carrying out the act.

If anyone acts on their evil tendencies they better do it where I can't see them or they'll get lit up with arrows.
- Philip Slama

Return to “The Forgotten Realms: Darkness Falls”