System: Dungons and Dragons 3.X
GM: Gregory S. Walker

Moderator: Ozymandius

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Falling from Grace

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Yes, I slaughtered a manacled and helpless victim. But I did tell that victim exactly what I was going to do to him if he lied to and betrayed us. No bluffing invloved. No one in the party tried to stay my hand, and none of my victim's bosses seemed to care in the least-in fact, the bosses were watching while I carried out my promises. If you don't keep your word, you get what is commming to you. Lawful? Yes. Evil? Most certainly. But there is something satisfying in keeping your promises and honoring your word.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: Falling from Grace

Postby grey » Wed May 06, 2009 2:54 pm

You are a man of your word.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed May 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Like who was going to stop you in our bunch of misfits from throwing your paladin hood away.

Let me see

CN Cleric of Umberlee

A CN crack head Dread pirate

A so called NG Exalted shape shifter that makes packs with evil Fey

A Cleric of Jergal

A swordsmen of Kelemvore

any character played by PJ

"But there is something satisfying in keeping your promises and honoring your word."

I think that is called Vengeance

I wonder what Gabriel will think when the 2 parties meet up.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Thu May 14, 2009 9:30 am

Well let me see. You didn't lie.
Did you prolong his pain and suffering maliciously?
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu May 14, 2009 9:39 am

Actually Ralf, and this is the amazing part, only myself and Ramon (the Lawful Ranger with Good Tendencies and the Lawful Wizard with Good Tendencies, respectively) were the only ones who really objected to what Rob was doing because we tried to explain to him that his "alignment" didn't work like it does in LG, LA, LF, FR or other campaigns.

You don't get to "pick" your alignment in Greg's game.

Basically you all start off with a blank spot in your alignment section and Greg determines, based on your actions, how you are acting. It is EXTREMELY hard to be a Lawful Good ANYTHING in the home game, first because of the fact that two (previously three of the clerics) worshiped Evil or Death deities, second because of the cutthroat nature of our pirate Captain Pyro, third, because of the types of activities were were engaged in (we technically committed limited genocide in the Jungles of Chult...hey...they money was good and innocents were suffering but we had to kill ALL of the bad guys).

That is why there are "good tendencies" instead of a hard fast Good/Neutral/Evil.

There is a person, possibly two, that are Lawful or Neutral with "Evil" tendencies.

Actually, we do have an "ALMOST" Lawful Good person and that is Matt's cleric in the high table. But then of course the rest of that group is "something" with good tendencies so we don't have a lot of conflicts there. But this lower level table was debased from the start with us being slaves to begin. It's actually quite funny that one group overall is "good" tendencies while the other is close to "evil" tendencies but they are going to have to work together to complete the campaign somehow. Sort of like the X-MEN/Magneto problem in Secret Wars.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Thu May 14, 2009 4:12 pm

It was about time Rob joined the dark side. Black Guards are sexy anyway.

I have been doing a few evil things but not going totally over to the dark side. I would probably be LN with evil tendencies.

I prefer to play NG but when I started I was told the whole premise was darker shade of gray.

I need to work more on my chaotic nature now ;)

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:36 am

I am finally on my 2nd level of blackguard. If the party only KNEW of some of my acts of malice and depravity, they would be shocked. My choice of diety would be particularly SHOCKING. Its good to be bad.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:09 am

As the secondary GM I know all about what you have done, and that is why, in character I do nothing. I want to see where you are going to end up when the Crimson Slag meets up with the Darkmoon Adventuring Consortium.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am

the Aligment system sucks.. nuff said
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Forgotten Realms: Darkness Falls”