The Avengers ARREST Magneto? Not Likely.

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: The Avengers ARREST Magneto? Not Likely.

Postby Peewee » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

ScrollMasterRob wrote:If Magneto DOES turn himself in, who will be put in charge of the school? The X-Men are currently "dead". Cyclops is at his unheroic lowest ebb. The whole fraud that is X-Factor is taking place.

The School would probably become part of an early "Initiative" style program. The only mutant with any credible credentials that could run and be trusted with the school would be Banshee. Banshee has no criminal record. He was an Interpol Agent. He is tough. He knows how to keep a secret. Banshee would be the best man for the job.

NOW that is a bad ass story line... Justice would step up as a the Avenger liaison.

WOW.. thats good....

Also Gambit would come back to the X-man so the X-Factor issue would be a non-issue.... he would still keep his place in NYC (rent it out maybe)
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Leadership is a waste of the little bit of karma that I can get.... What I am going to do is exactly what I did in the last game... Take a secondary leadership position that allows me to push button and move the party along but overall we need to get it finished...

I got both of my x-men with very little karma and ambitions for every power stunt that they can get.
Northstar already got hyper-agility and next is hyper-fighting, then maybe either a feat from Quicksilver (Invisibility). Box has got to finish his Shrinking, Then his RAPE THE LAND, Then his NOVA that I already got like 5 examples, Then Self Revival which I only got 2 examples of but would be excellent.

This keeping in mind that we will likely get s@#% for updates.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:11 pm

After returning from the VARIANT timeline Madison and Jean-Paul sit to discuss the fate of Magneto. After recapping each of there tales, they reach a conclusion and ask to meet Magnus aside in secret.

<MAdison> I have spent nearly a year of time in on a world full of hate and destruction. One that even I couldn't deny is on the horizon and that you yourself foresaw. I cannot deny that you have done unforgivable atrocities in your past, but from what I saw and learned you both made amends and also laid down your hate for man.

<Jean-Paul> I have see everything that my friend has and we wish for you to see it as well. I have see your hard work and brilliance in during our investigation of the mutation weapon.

<Madison> I've ask to meet with both my Department H and your government SHIELD and review the data from my mission. It is my hopes that they allow me to begin making preparations to help them prevent this from ever happening. We will also request that as it is likely impossible to find you any likelihood of a fair and impartial trial that you be allowed to serve a life sentence in service to your people.

<Jean-Paul> With the aid of Mr. Jeffries and several others, we plan on establishing an independent nation on one of the many uninhabited islands in the pacific and then pursuing our rights as a nation. This will include establishing a representative in the United Nations as well as Embassies within the US. It is our idea to make the school one such place.

<Madison> All we ask is that until we establish the nation that you restrict your movements between the School, your Asteroid M facility, and any other future territory our Nation establishes.

<Madison, Jeffries> What do you say?

<Madison> Essentially you shall be sentenced to serve the very same people you have been all your life. What say you?

???? The birthplace of UTOPIA ???? A NEW NATION ????

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 am

Screw the Earth!! Move Mutantkind to the blue area of the moon. Salvage as many supplies from Asteroid M as possible to make the blue area(along with the strange alien ruins) as self sufficient as possible. Between Madison Jeffries, Forge, Magneto, and Magik(who can transform matter from Limbo to cover any immediate essential needs), the blue area could be a mutant paradise. If the humans don't want mutants on Earth, let us not bother with a small island. The blue area was big enough to house the entire Inhuman civilization, it can be a sanctuary for mutantkind.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:52 am

I was planning on setting up Utopia as a hub for teleporting mutants to the moon and making a peace accord with the Inhumans as well as taking advantage of the space cruiser from X-Force an orbital platform to protect Astroid M and the Moon colony. With this in place then we being teleporting mutants to a plant in an unknown universe that is a seemingly abandon geosphere that a mutant teleporter is tied too. I figure the Mutants and Inhumans would appreciate the chance to explore an unknown region of the span of space...

Could you imagine inviting the sphere into the Shiar Empire or even better the Titans Empire, and being that its a colony of said planet Earth and its moon by association.

<Several Generations in the Future> Welcome on the tour ladies and gents. On your left you will see what is left of the original planet of our species. As you can see the planet is littered with radiation from a war sparked between its primitive Homosapien species. We have since begun cleanup activities and you can already see life returning to the continent originally known as the USA. On your your right the planets moon is coming into view and you can see the know well established terraformed planet called Wakanda, previously known as Mars. This planet colony began with the landing of the largest geosphere created by Homosapiens that was composed of over 90% of the continent formerly known as Africa. After the atmosphere was put into place the Atlantians of Earth began teleporting large portions of the earths polar shelf that had near began to cause severe flooding due to global warming. It is believed that in less then 4 generations we will begin a combined recolonization of our once native planet Earth having completely restored its atmosphere to its original prime.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:If Magneto DOES turn himself in, who will be put in charge of the school? The X-Men are currently "dead". Cyclops is at his unheroic lowest ebb. The whole fraud that is X-Factor is taking place.

The School would probably become part of an early "Initiative" style program. The only mutant with any credible credentials that could run and be trusted with the school would be Banshee. Banshee has no criminal record. He was an Interpol Agent. He is tough. He knows how to keep a secret. Banshee would be the best man for the job.

Justice would be more then willing to act as Avengers Contact and assist in training of new students
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 am

Gambit finally dropped the bomb. The proverbial cat is out of the bag. The Avengers, complete with SHIELD helicarrier back up, come knocking at the Mansion door. What happens next?

Magneto would surrender rather than see his charges wiped out in a massive fire fight. The school would be closed. SHIELD and the US Government would sieze the school under eminent domain.The students would be sent home or deported to thier various home countries. This is bad on so many levels.

SHIELD and the US Government would get their hands on crazy Shiar tech and cerebro. Can you imagine a monster like Henry Peter Gyrich knowing the location of every mutant and enhanced power being on the planet? Concentration camps would never be built. Death squads would be sent instead. Things would be even worse if Norman Osborne were put in charge of that project.

Karma would be sent to live with her crime lord uncle. Mind control the opposition for the win.
Magik would find herself recruited to the Soviet Super Troopers after a short visit to the experts of the Red Room. So much for secrecy. Magik would be forced to spy on cabinet meetings, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, anything and everyone imaginable. Lets not even think about kidnapping and first strike potential. No missile launch would be needed.

As for Magneto, any trial would be a ludicrous farce. After his first trial was interrupted, would the world court even bother with a second? Would it be fair? Not a snowballs chance in hell. The Russians are firmly against Magneto. The United States has been covering up anti-mutant sentinel programs for years. There would be a show trial. Magneto would be found innocent and assassinated by "Russian Anti-Mutant Extremists" or found guilty and locked away someplace.

And the USA has been covering up Sentinel activities. Lets start with the events leading up to the birth of Pheonix. Sentinels fly through New York City near Christmas. Sentinels programmed to go after X-Men. Property is damaged. Innocent foreign nationals are kidnapped, taken to a SHIELD facility, and studied. A space shuttle is destroyed in the incident, and the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the City of New York ask any questions. Sentinels are NEVER mentioned. Government cover up for sure.

The real question is, will the Avengers think about this can of worms before they act, or will lack of thinking bring about the utter destruction of Homo Superior?

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 am

There is a way for Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, to keep all this under raps...

Justice comes back from the alternate reality and tells them what took place....

The avengers now know they can not trust the government or shield...

There is a little something that box did for justice I one of the last games he played (after we figured out that you can't take anything back with you to your own timeline)

He used justice's shield as a storage device and 'burned' into it data that can be picked up by a laser reader, like a giant CD.... I have video, news reports, tons of data (Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, said it would equal 1 gig of data due to its size)

Once we come back, the avengers have a lot to talk about...and justice is going to officer a course of action...

Magneto gives him self into Avengers custody, no need to tell the world where he was... The avengers assign some liaisons to the school (justice and Quicksilver) and the Xman to the avengers (wolverine and beast) the school is run by cyclops who now knows how bad the future can be (starting his transformation to the bad ass version of what he is early)

And Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, can now write what happens after....

Xman and Avangers start workin together early (he can start the uncanny avengers early)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:53 am

This I would like to see!!!!

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:28 am

Cyclops is in no condition to take over the school. His missing wife and child are his TOP priorities. Banshee would take over the school. The school should become a school. Teachers would have to be hired. Certified teachers. The school would have to become accredited. The Morlocks should be made welcome-especially Artie and Leech. Any help from Emma Frost would be welcome. The first new student should be Namorita Prentiss. Namorita could even teach marine biology. Dazzler could teach music.

See the EASY weekly karma awards?

Ralf wants to see it happen. Cooperation from the players would most certainly be needed. Ralf would need a little time to make this happen.

Return to “Earth 617”