Gripes about the MX series DOFP mods

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Gripes about the MX series DOFP mods

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 am

I am not having fun. I feel that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is taking a heavy-handed approach to running these mods. I have a few complaints.

1) NO HAPPY ENDING. No matter what our characters do, we are always screwed. There are not enough mutants to establish a breeeding population. No country really wants us. There are no other heroes to help us. CRASH and the Mutant Underground can't help us. We are basically FUCKED.

2) NO WAY HOME. Without Magic or Rachel Pheonix in play, there is no way back to our own reality. Time travel in the MU just creates alternate tangent realities. If someone can tell me a LOGICAL way back to our own reality, please do.

3) KARMA LOSS FOR KILLING. UTTER BULLSHIT!!! Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, regularly spends karma to get killing shots. Any involved in the holding/capturing of mutants should be considered an enemy combatant and treated as such. If the normal citiznery is complacent-if the people are not being used as unwitting human shields on mutant death-trains, then the people should be treated as passengers on the "Lusitania": passengers sailing into a warzone.

4) NIMROD. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, you have GOT to be FUCKING KIDDING!!! We are missing half of our heavy hitters, some of our party is in the walking wounded stage. If this is a pointless fight just to show us how tough Nimrod is (very much like our JLA "battle" with Darkseid), please count me out-Cyclops is at -99 Health and is losing endurance ranks. We need a chance to make a difference, not to be slapped around by the BIG PINK PENIS that is NIMROD!!

5) A CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. We need a glimmer of hope. We have carefully separated the matuant containment car from the passenger car, and the passenger car from the locomotive. Give us a chance to show these three cars full of people just what their uncaring mechanical government is up to. Psylocke can passively scan the crowd and hopefully find signs of sadness, anger, maybe even pity for us mutants. Let the passengers see the "dangerous" mutants -including "StinkyMAN"-that were being shipped to a death camp. Let that letter be published. Let us see signs of some kind of demonstration against the current government. We NEED a REASON to FIGHT for this world and these people-human and mutant-kind-or we should abandon this world and damn the people for being sheep.
Last edited by ScrollMasterRob on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Gipes about the MX series DOFP mods

Postby Peewee » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 am

how the hell did you end up at -99 health??? WTF?

Did the world blow up as soon as I left?

NIMROD?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

To be honest, IF Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is running this right out if the book, without altering stats, there is NO WAY the original X-Men could beat this adventure.. NONE at all...

Look at it this way, I might just stop using my force field because everyone knows how to always get around it.. I hope that, once this adventure is over, I look at the stats and see that every solder has a talent like justice's where they can look at us, remember who we are, and know how to take us down with a Reason roll..

These solders always seem to know that AOE sonic works, and so on.. I have an interesting work around, but whats the point... really...

I agree with the killing thing... IF we don't lose karma for skulls we should not lose Karma for these guys.

OH and if you want to understand what works as a "challenge" to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, he is a fan of "save or die" spells from D&D 1.0 thorough 3.5.. in other words if he can kill you with a signal die roll that you can not do ANYTHING about... its a challenge.. once you understand that, you understand his mindset.

And no I don't agree with it... at all..

Rob, go read a book called Play Dirty by John Wick.. the best GMing book I have ever read.. hands down.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Gipes about the MX series DOFP mods

Postby Peewee » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 am

One more thing....

If we don't like the way he is running the game.. step up and take over...

Seriously... he wants to play, he wants someone else to run for a wile.. do it!

I always wondered what kind of game you would run Rob...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Re: Gripes about the MX series DOFP mods

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 am

I've talked to Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, and as far as I know, the only "good" we have done in this world was to free Loreli (green skin and phermone powers from MX1) and get her back to her resistance movement. I ave not played every adventure. I understand that Trever Fitzroy somehow got us here, so Treveor Fitzroy should be able to et us home. Should we somehow SURVIVE or hopelessly shorthanded battle with NIMROD-if we don't start to receive some kind of help (other than the vague useless type of help) from the natives, we should abandon this world-find Fitzroy and GO HOME. If SOMEONE could post a Reader's Digest Condensed Version of how we got here, who we have helped, and what kind of goals we are supposed to accomplish, (even a CLIFF Notes Version), we might have a little more idea of what direction to take this adventure in-besides just bemoaning our hopeless odds and constant battles.

By the way, Cyclops is dying and losing endurance ranks. I'm no longer going to bother spending karma to make these rolls, and will gladly take the -2CS on all powers and abilities and months of HOSPITAL RECOVERY time..UNLESS we start getting SOME KIND OF MIRACULOUS HELP FROM THE NATIVES. IF Cyclopds should EXPIRE, PASS ON TO THE GREAT BEYOND, or simply JOIN THE CELESTIAL CHOIR, I will bring in another character to take his place.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:58 am

We should let the MX series run its course. After all is said and done, and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, wants to take a break from running, we should put things to a vote. I could run the Kulan-Goth adventure, or I could possibly try running with our new characters based on Ray-ray's system. Can we at least keep the yelling, arguing, bickering, and screaming down to a dull roar? The tables are NOT THAT BIG!!!

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:31 am

Rob,

Achieving the greatest of goods is never easy, THIS, what we are doing now, is the true test of a hero... Have have you ever watched Band of Brothers? Yes it sucks, BUT we are needed on this world much more then we are needed in our own world... at least for now..

The Victories will come, have faith... BTW when we get back to Canada... Box and I have some ideas for you... We are going to make you some body armor, thats for sure...

I think you and I will need to have a long in character chat... which I think may be better served though some fiction.

Oh and BTW, I think Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, might be ok with someone running a side adventure in this timeline.. there is a LOT to do here, I fear we might rush though the opportunity
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 am

The main reason that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is not letting me use Magik in the MX series is the fear that her access to LIMBO would overpower the game. The simplest solution would make this the time in Magik's life when Limbo is crawling with hostile, transmode virus-infected demons. I would still be able to teleport us around like crazy, but there would definitely be no long term stops in Limbo. Teleportation would be getting there, scrying to see where we are going, and teleporting to the new location. Sending the average sentinel to limbo would be an option, but teleporting NIMROD to Limbo would be OUT OF THE QUESTION. Limbo at this stage is bad enough with the war between S'ym and Nastihr.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:03 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:The main reason that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is not letting me use Magik in the MX series is the fear that her access to LIMBO would overpower the game. The simplest solution would make this the time in Magik's life when Limbo is crawling with hostile, transmode virus-infected demons. I would still be able to teleport us around like crazy, but there would definitely be no long term stops in Limbo. Teleportation would be getting there, scrying to see where we are going, and teleporting to the new location. Sending the average sentinel to limbo would be an option, but teleporting NIMROD to Limbo would be OUT OF THE QUESTION. Limbo at this stage is bad enough with the war between S'ym and Nastihr.

Dude take Iron Man.. he is NEVER going to let you use her.. like ever..
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 am

Iron Man is already taken. And poor Tony Stark doesn't have the computer talent!! Even if I had Iron Man, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, would probabloy rule that Tony's tech was incompatible. It would be something like trying to hook up an original PONG system to one of todays modern flat screen plasma TVs.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,!! A little help at last. And a little recognition and appreciation. And some NPCs that actually have consciences and care about the "mutant condition." The last session covered gripes 1 and 5. We have a glimmer of hope for the species. We now have something to fight for besides survival-we have a cause. There might be vengeance involved, but now we have an army to fight for mutant independence and an end to our persecution. We even have potential back-up from CRASH and perhaps an Iron Man or 2. We might even get help from the rest of the world-the US has violated Canada's border with a blatent sentinel incursion. Not just a slip over the border, but an incursion. US ports should be blockaded, and Canada should sever the Alaskan Pipeline in retaliation. If the US economy gets any more hurt than it is, the government and the sentinels will be blamed, and there will be a popular uprising.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Finally, an objective!! Our merry little band of mutants has managed to take out the automated Sentinel Factory. Master Mold is "destroyed"?. Unfortunately, our heroes are working with Sebastian Shaw, ad our heroes have NO REASON to trust Sebastian Shaw. Shaw is still only looking out for himself-he wants to be crowned the king of what is left of the mutant population. If we ever find Trevor Fitzroy, we should feed him Shaw.

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

I just want to really play out the series already... I'm tired of postponing updating heroes because they are traveling through time. I think this is silly and every one should get the updates they deserve and not have to wait. Its not like your hero will suddenly download a new ability when he/she is returned into the time stream.

I also find it funny that everyone continues to forget to tell Ralf about milking your RP KARMA... I milk the KARMA for every penny.... usually about +45 to +75 per week.... currently include.
MAKING COMMITMENT (+5), Once we discovered the state of the X-Mansion I pushed the group to follow me into Canada that ended up being the Right Choice... I wanted to get the help and guidance from my friends but end up having to commit myself to protect the land and freedoms that once protected me.
WEEKLY AWARD (+10), My hero was devastated to learn that everyone he had loved or called a colleague, aside for Logan, was dead. I constantly make a visit in game to the graves to help fuel the flames.
CHARITIES: ACTS OF CHARITY [+10 (Max. 40)], I always make sure I improve the abilities of our soldiers and am constantly using my power to make sure they have better gear.
CHARITIES: WEEKLY APPEARANCES [+Pop (Max. 20)], Box makes an appearance at military bases across the US and Canada, as well as the occasional parade. (1/week)

As far as Box is concerned though you better not let me get to make RAPE THE LAND a perm stunt in the next mod or I will be hitting sentinel factories for extra karma after that... I want to play this at the next gameday.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Is this thing ever going to end... man either finish an adventure or just kill it... this taking a break in limbo that we cannot do anything with our heroes is bs...

I dont think anyone even remembers where we left off seeing it been almost a month if not a little more... Combine that with the fact that no one posts RP on this thread at all anymore and that practically everyone needs a break from the dick-u mod philosophy.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:18 pm

It has almost been 1 full year since I posted this gripe originally. It is time to either finish or abandon the series. Lose all the characters in the alternate timeline. Just end it. At least start the endgame after MegaCon 2012.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I personally, have no problem with the heroes being trapped in an adventure for a yr as long as the RP Karma is for a yr and not 2 months. This coming off the announcement that Ralf told me that he will only award RP Karma that happens in game. This is apparently his latest way of hoes over the players that actually do RP with there heroes out of game. Thus why I stopped posting on any of my threads... unless i want to have a backup to my write-ups.

I recommend you just post the updates and that way you can just keep it down to 1-2 pgs per hero..

Return to “Earth 617”