System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Getting over my limitation

Postby Peewee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Ok Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,,

You stated that the only way I can get rid of my weakness is by buying my Incredible (40) up to my powers maximum potential Monstrous (75)....

Power Rank Increase: Again, Powers will be increased in increments of 5. The cost of each increase is 500 karma points(AMAZING: Rank limit then follow revision rules.), plus a post explaining the increase in power potential. An increase above Unearthly is subject to my approval and a limitation.

at 500 karma per 5 point boost you are talking 3,500 karma.... and as you stated that ONLY to get rid of the bleeding and not the chance to go unconscious from using my power at Monstrous (75)...

how much would I need to pay to ALSO get rid of the chance to go go unconscious?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Getting over my limitation

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Peter, I have reduced the KARMA cost associated with NEW powers and increase of such along with a couple of other things if you reread the section again!!!

This remained the same :
Power Rank Increase: Again, Powers will be increased in increments of 5. The cost of each increase is 500 karma points(AMAZING: Rank limit then follow revision rules.), plus a post explaining the increase in power potential. An increase above Unearthly is subject to my approval and a limitation.

But you didnt see the new changes I modified!!!:

REVISION RULES FOR ALL New and Increase of powers:
All below will be limited to AMAZING: Rank, obtaining the next level of Rank (Monstrous & Unearthly) will be bought in per Column Rank shifts of 2000 Karma each, which means to increase after AMAZING: up to Unearthly will cost an additional 4000 Karma to advance.
Exception: Robotic characters obtaining the next level of Rank (Monstrous & Unearthly) will be bought in per Column Rank shifts of 1000 Karma each, which means to increase after AMAZING: up to Unearthly will cost an additional 2000 Karma to advance.
(This cost will be applied to the following F.A.S.E.R.I.P Stat Increase, Power Rank Increase, and New Powers.)

This used to be more expensive; NOW saving a few hundred points you

SAVED MONEY WITH GEICO!! (OOOPS) SAVED KARMA WITH MARVEL!!!

THE UNCONCIOUS LIMITATION IS PENDING(worry more about not bleeding to death first!!)

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Getting over my limitation

Postby Peewee » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,

you do realize you made it cheaper for me to learn a new power then get over my limitation (which I get over when ever we do out timeline jump, which I fear will never happen but thats besides the point)

It will cost me 3k to get over my limitation (and not even the KO one.. just bleeding) which I have found ways to work around anyways (just do all my actions at different power levels)

It also costs less to get a new power then to boost my 2 physical stats beyond Ex (20)

So it's a clincher, new power.. and not Remote Scening (seeing I can only find one instance of him using it, and the other other source that backs it up is the official marvel website which in your game is not cannon in your game.. something I find mind boggling.. that the OFFICIAL marvel website is not official.. wtf.

So going to go for a more useful power... but a new power for sure (seeing that the ""super solder" idea I had would cost me over 12k in Karma)

Leaning to Telepathy for now...
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Earth 617”