TSR6873.MX1.Nightmares.of.Futures.Past

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

TSR6873.MX1.Nightmares.of.Futures.Past

Postby teknoblade » Thu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm

So, next game we should be starting the Nightmares of Futures Past after completing Rene's Adventure...

Ralf, was curious if we would like to play all or mutant heroes or just one?

Keep in mind that this is the start of a series or story ark that continues into TSR6875.MX2-The X-Potential, TSR6877.MX3- Reap The Whirlwind, and TSR6888.MX4-Flames of Doom.

I would really like to play Madison Jeffries aka BOX and think he would be very helpful being he is the equivalent of Forge and Colossus wrapped into one. I would love to see an adventure that we can all send in our strong mutants and I think that if we can bring our weak ones in for KARMA then more power to us.

teknoblade

Re: TSR6873.MX1.Nightmares.of.Futures.Past

Postby teknoblade » Sun May 16, 2010 10:56 pm

teknoblade wrote:I will be creating a set of these for each x-men and tieing them into the Box, Blackbird, and a third place (secret), which will record and store that data. This will be used both for record keeping (mission outlines and briefings) and for danger room simulation/training. The Blackbird will also get a serious pimping from me as soon as I gain a few more talents or get help from Forge.

I was thinking something along the lines of this...

IN Material Str
EX Protected Senses
EX Communication and Data Transmission (AV)

For the purpose of this adventure Data is transmitted to the Box Armor. The Armor has been modified to include a BlackBox (UN Material Str).

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue May 18, 2010 9:43 pm

What... did I roleplay him to a tee or what....
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... t65-03.jpg

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon May 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Having recorded data logs of the atrocities witnessed within the Mutant Internment Center XF113-T as well as several rescued mutants the X-Men successfully evaded capture and returned to the Safety of the Alpha Flight facilities. On route several of the injured mutants were tended too and the remaining Inhibitor Bands were safely removed. The Box Stealth Transport arrives at night after having successfully navigating another suborbital maneuver and avoiding most forms of electronic detection. Furious at the obvious lack of intelligence and basic resources offered for a mission that both risked the lives of innocent mutant prisoners, as well as that of the other X-Men and himself, Jeffries demands that Emergency MediVAC Units and Facilities be ready at the landing sight at Alpha Flight headquarters. As the injured are finished being unloaded, Jeffries is reminded of horrors he and his brother served in the US army during Vietnam. Oblivious to the orders from government and military officials alike, he activates the Box Launch Tube and begins to transmute the excess materials from the Box Stealth Transport to completely resort the ALPHA FLIGHT DANGER ROOM Training Facilities. He turns to the frustrated officials..

Madison: It's Done! These facilities were intended to be used TRAINING the defenders of our land and at times our world, Not for use as scrap metal or shelter. Humans, Mutants, and Super-humans alike have all shed blood and given their lives for what they believed as well as spent their lives preparing and training for what few could imagine. I will input all telemetry and specifications for the Sentinels and any weapons we encounter. Use this to train your men and not just send them to risk their lives to prove themselves to you.

Official: The information and systems are locked and encrypted. How do we access the system and all telemetry and specifications you spoke of?

Madison: When you get the authorization from one man I know and trust James "Logan" Howlett, code name Wolverine. You see, you are going to have to prove yourself to us now. Now, tell us were to find him or Nick Fury, so that we can leave this place. If not, I will be paying my respects once again for those heroes I spoke of earlier.
Last edited by teknoblade on Thu May 27, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon May 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Based on the recently improved X-Men Danger Room it incorporates the alien technology of the Shi'ar. Unless your player characters are X-Men or have close ties to them, it is unlikely they will be able to use such advanced machinery. However, it is possible they might "acquire" similar technology during their adventures, which would enable them to add the following features to their Danger Room:
• The Reason of a Shi'ar type computer is Unearthly (100).
• The Shi'ar system employs holographic projectors capable of creating images of Monstrous (75) intensity and believability. This greatly increases the realism of threats. Generic robots can be made to look like Sentinels or super powered foes. The entire Danger Room can be given an overall theme: jungle, forest, desert, swamp, etc. The walls themselves can be concealed, making the simulation seem even more real and the room boundless.
• The Shi'ar computer also incorporates gravity controls, enabling the Danger Room to duplicate weightless environments and conditions on other planets.
• Like terran computers, the Shi'ar system can malfunction. This can result in increased damage potential and nightmare-like panoramas, situations, and encounters for those within.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... t30-07.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... t32-03.jpg

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:51 pm

BLACKBIRD: The Blackbird is Professor Xavier's Lockheed RS-150 reconnaissance plane that has been heavily modified. It has the following characteristics:
Control: EXCELLENT
Speed: SHIFT Z
Body: EXCELLENT
The Blackbird has silent Vertical Take-Off and Landing capability (VTOL). It is equipped with a Shi'ar cloaking device that provides it with Unearthly detection from all types of scanning. The ship is manned by a crew of three and has crash couches for an additional four persons. Crash couches provide Monstrous protection to those strapped in them in the event of a crash. The entire flight deck, carrying all seven characters, is a survival capsule that can be jettisoned in case of emergency. It is airtight (can even maintain its integrity in outer space), holds enough oxygen for 36 hours, contains food and scuba gear for all seven personnel, and has an automatic emergency transmitting device that is activated when the escape capsule is jettisoned. The Blackbird can carry more than four passengers, but those extra passengers will be without such protection. Unlike the similar YF-12A, the Blackbird has no on-board weapon systems. However, its canopy is composed of a synthesis of plastiglass and ruby quartz with special polarizing elements which focus and amplify the effects of Cyclops's optical blast (or hand-held laser fire). The effect is to shift the power rank of the fire + 2 CS, covering a range of one-half mile, but only straight forward.

The Blackbird can circle the globe without refueling and can ascend to the very edge of space. It flies at hyper-sonic speeds, nearly 5 times the speed of sound, and very few aircraft (or super powered characters) can keep up with it. It is equipped with three month survival gear for seven characters, all-band communications equipment, intelligence gathering equipment of Shi'ar and human design, automatic fire extinguishing sensors and equipment, and camouflage netting and poles for covering the Blackbird when on
ground.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Yeah, I like the concept of kitty being able to phase me while i'm out of the armor molding excess metals into the box armor... From now on, after we drop a sentinel, either Mimic or Myself are picking up the head/databacks and molding it into the armor...

I like the idea of mimic doing this as I cover him but its a power stunt...growth.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:02 pm

So, I have a few questions....
IF someone were to fastball special colossus to a sentinel is it considered a surprise attack or at the very least a blindside?

SO why doesnt Mimic copy the Invisibility to Machine power? It would be pretty helpful to him.

WHY does it take SHIELD 3+ weeks to notice there are 4+ OMEGA level Mutants and Superhumans in Canada. I will totally call BS if they have the same sensors and detection capabilities that the sentinels.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:39 pm

ANSWERS:

1.IF someone were to fastball special colossus to a sentinel is it considered a surprise attack or at the very least a blindside?

WITH THE INVISIBILITY TO MACHINES(WHICH BY THE WAY HAS BEEN NEGATED UNTIL HE FIGURES OUT HOW HE'S BEING TRACKED-HE WILL CONTINUE TO BE NOTICED) IT COULD BE CONSIDERED A BLINDSIDE ATTACK.

2.SO why doesnt Mimic copy the Invisibility to Machine power? It would be pretty helpful to him.

IT IS A MAGIC SPELL ON THEM - DDUUHH!!! HE CANNOT COPY MAGIC!!

3.WHY does it take SHIELD 3+ weeks to notice there are 4+ OMEGA level Mutants and Superhumans in Canada. I will totally call BS if they have the same sensors and detection capabilities that the sentinels.

ALL COMMUNICATION IS DONE THRU CELLS WHICH TAKES TIME TO SEND; ANY DIRECT CONTACT WILL GET YOU DETECTED AND THEN IF YOUR THREAT IS SEVERE ENOUGH- YOU DON'T THINK THE SENTINELS WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT- THINK ON THAT BEFORE YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AGAIN.
THE CRA NOW KNOW YOU ARE THERE- REMEMBER SHIELD ONLY WAS ABLE TO TAKE 15% OF THEIR RESOURCES WITH THEM WHICH IS MOSTLY WEAPONRY AND THE CANADIAN ARMY HAS ALLOWED A SMALL FRACTION OF THEIR ARMY TO JOIN THEM AS THE **CRA**. DONT FORGET THAT THE TECHNOLOGY LEVEL OF WEAPONRY FOR THE ARMY IS ONLY MID- 80'S TRY LOOKING UP THE KNID OF STUFF THE ARMY USED AT THAT TIME- IT WASN'T THAT IMPRESSIVE.

THERE ARE OTHER THREATS YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BECOME AWARE OF AND THIS IS WHAT WILL MAKE THE MOST DIFFICULTY FOR YOU.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:03 pm

For those of you that are planning to attend the game on SUN there is going to be a surprise.....

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 pm

The lack of order that happened at the base today with the introduction of only two additional members into our ranks cannot happen again. As such, barring being led by Nick Fury or Wolverine, I am submitting myself to be given temporary leadership of the "X-Men" present. Madison has extensive training from his time as a soldier and more so from his time with ALPHA, BETTA, GAMMA, & OMEGA FLIGHT. Additionally, as Box w/ the psylink I have the unique ability to have direct insight into the condition and potential location of all the team. I would recommend either Mimic or Psylocke as second in command. Both have the abilities necessary to lead but posses powers that merit them being more useful in other roles.

Upon our successful return to "friendly territory", oh CANADA, I will run Colossus through an array of tests utilizing Box's Sensors to determine how he is being tracked. I have a Sentinel still available from our original cache to compare sensor capabilities. Afterwards I will utilize his Body Armor and Resistances to eliminate the residuals of the element. Colossus’ steel-like hide provides Amazing protection from physical attacks, and Incredible protection from energy attacks. In armored form, Colossus Monstrous Resistance to Fire and Cold, and Remarkable Resistance to Electricity (conductive) and Radiation. I don't think that there are any radioactive isotopes or similar trackers that would be destroyed with either MON Fire or Cold.

Assuming our contact don't provide us with any direction then we are going to take advantage and utilize the time to gather some intelligence. Strike another sentinel base or scouting party and capture or study the capabilities and imitations of the newer models. Perhaps try and hack data from there database regarding possible locations for the mutant underground, captured mutants/supers and location, most wanted mutants/supers and last known location and powers, and potentially more.

I've also realized that we are potentially working backwards as we have a decades worth of knowledge on most of the Sentinels. For instance we know that there are mutants located and hiding in the Morlock Tunnels and we know the location of the "Mutant Massacre" so we have a starting point. We also know that there are mutants hiding in other locations for instance Magneto's bases including Genosha, Asteroid M, various hidden bases on Earth including one in Antarctica, as we as an island in the Bermuda Triangle. Then there is Muir Island. Most important we need to establish the status of the Inhumans on the moon.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Well, first of all I didnt even understand why the mutants were at the base when we left them at the Alpha Flight mansion. Most likely it was Ralf in his box again. I disagree completely and think that spending all that time to contact each Nation or Super-Power would be more easily accomplished through an internationally known agency like SHIELD. The only contact we need to make is with the underground...

"I've also realized that we are potentially working backwards as we have a decades worth of knowledge on most of the Sentinels. For instance we know that there are mutants located and hiding in the Morlock Tunnels and we know the location of the "Mutant Massacre" so we have a starting point. We also know that there are mutants hiding in other locations for instance Magneto's bases including Genosha, Asteroid M, various hidden bases on Earth including one in Antarctica, as we as an island in the Bermuda Triangle. Then there is Muir Island. Most important we need to establish the status of the Inhumans on the moon."

The mission at hand is to find the mutant that brought us here and potentially help this timeline as much as possible. We cant do either with our current contacts and thus need to find more with better connections. Additionally, we cannot do either without everyone pulling there weight. Everyone of the x-men are constantly training together and know one another's strengths and limitations. I had given everyone the specs from the intelligence and mission briefings we had compiled the previous day after our raid.

Outside of Marvel Boy (Peter) everyone should have a strategy for working together worked out. Otherwise you are just dead weight and not adding anything to the team. Though if he and Phoenix paired in combat they would be quite more effective. They could even through Kitty (Nice) into the fold and become nearly untouchable... Example: Kitty-Phases, Phoenix-Mental Invisibility & TK, Marvel Boy-TK. They attack utilizing TK. "Think Spiritual Weapon-ICE"

Iceman (Eddy) should get an extra +10 karma for just playing his character perfectly and think that Mimic (Ramon) should always have his powers as well as be his wingman... Example: Both Utilize Cold Emanation and Charge/Blunt attacks deal 100+75 (cold) and 100+100 (Blunt).

Colossus (Rene) is the perfect compliment for anyone but I personnel think that he and Psylocke (Monica) could literally be the perfect wingman for one another...

Box (Jose) can go toe to toe with two sentinel, easily, as we have already seen but think he is best when used as a wedge and not and axe.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Using powers the right way... dam it I knew there was a better description of this...
Computer Links: The character with this Power may communicate with and retrieve information from computer systems with Power rank ability. The hero must be able to access the computer in some way; usually this is by means of an implant relayed to a predetermined computer. If attempting to break into a new computer, compare this Power rank with the Reason of the computer or mechanical being. This Power also allows the reprogramming of simple robots (but not Player Character robots under normal circumstances).

This should make things easier..

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Sentinel body armor and material str is equal... There is no rule to hep you bypass there defense, that's why there are called sentinels. So lets not keep confussing sentinels with ultron and a few other that give a material str for there interior and another for body armor.

Please be aware that they can assimilate powers and abilities as if they had the nemesis power and that the new models can do it quite well. This can reduce the effectiveness of the cold based emanation from 50%-100% depending on models, but not attacks from blunt/edge weapons (See previous post).

Additionally, we need to take precautions and utilize the powers we have between one another to better defend one another. Iceman (Eddie) and Box (Jose) can continue to do this but everyone needs to stay sharp and utilize defensive actions like SHIELDING and together with your wingman you can cover one another. The Sentinels seem to be utilizing CHARGING a lot to take advantage of there beef END but remember that you have defensive alternative like LURE at your disposal.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:58 am

By now you guys have seen enough about the sentinels to see how they function in a normal status- now they know you and will act accordingly; it was easy until now so lets see how it plays out from this moment on.

Return to “Earth 617”