MAGIC VS ENERGY

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

MAGIC VS ENERGY

Postby teknoblade » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Well I was requested to help find some kind of actual rule in the books and will start this week. Just to give you something to think about while the gears turn Eldritch Bolt is a Magical Spell. Yet based on the rules for one book, the power below lists the wrong limitation.

P14/True Invulnerability: This is a combination of Resistances and Body Armor. The hero is immune to any physical harm, up to his rank's limit. The immunity includes the following resistances: fire, heat, cold, electricity, radiation, corrosives, disease, poison, brute force, sonics, and kinetic bolts. The rank of the Invulnerability reduces the rank of the attack form.
Example: A Mandroid's Excellent laser would do only Feeble damage against Good Invulnerability, and none at all against Remarkable Invulnerability.
The hero with this Power is still vulnerable to magical and mental attacks. If the hero should lose his True Invulnerability, his Fighting rank drops to Typical (he's not used to avoiding blows). The hero's appearance is not affected by this power; he appears to be a normal member of his race.

teknoblade

Re: MAGIC VS ENERGY

Postby teknoblade » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 am

Well, I've looked through just about all the books and the first thing you need to do is throw aways the TSR6870.MHAC9.Realms.Of.Magic as it is included into TSR6871-MA0-Marvel_Super_Heroes_Advanced_Set-Players_Book-(300dpi_Print_Resolution) and then adapted into the new system.

The main point is that Eldrich Bolts and Shields seem to be the most fundamentally basic of spells. Think of them as the spells you use should always have on hand, utility spells, etc. They can be Magicallly Imbued to drain Karma, or Drain Health (Force), or Energy Damage (Varies). This is blocked by Body Armor and Other normal stuff. The other spells that bind you and change you into a frog can only be buffered by Resistances to MAgic, Force Field Vs Magic, or Protective Spells.

Most Important thing to draw from this was to not reference so many dam books... Use the UPB and the Advanced Players/Judges for everything and if you cannot find it there then go outside.

SORRY MONI, the good news is that oyu can learn new spells by taking on a master (DR. Druid).

Return to “Earth 617”