And the New Sorcerer Supreme is....

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

And the New Sorcerer Supreme is....

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 am

Brother Voodoo, or as he will be called now Doctor Voodoo. This guy is a solid character and if you read his background he is an accredited psychologist ( the guy has a Masters Degree ) as well as knowledge of conventional medicine. There are alot of parallels between him and the old Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange but I think if the mantle had to fall on someone this guy has the experience in dealing with the supernatural and the proper mindset to do it. New Orleans, where he lives, just got REALLY important in the Marvel Universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Voodoo

And hopefully this will get Jose to stop bitching so much about the persecution of the black man because now we have a Haitain black man in charge of protecting the Earth and for all intents and purposes this universe from malevolent supernatural threats. ;)

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: And the New Sorcerer Supreme is....

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:38 am

There were hints to this throughout ALPHA FLIGHT V01, but I'm sure that our African American President and their increased political sway helped push the decision oer the top.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm

YEAH BABY!!!!
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 pm

How long will Marvel take to kill Jerico Drum and ONCE AGAIN make Stephen Strange the "Sorcerer Supreme"?
Everyone knows that Marvel has a habit of returning things to the "StatusQuo". I'm sure that after the "Dark Reign" story line has ended, Nick Fury wil find once again be the head of SHIELD. Steve Rogers is coming back to life to once again take up the mantle of Capt. America. DareDevil and SpiderMan both have secret identies again. Norman Osborn is still a "power mad mustache twirling evil psychotic looney tune villain." Tony Stark will rebuild his armor, good name, and has financial empire. Just wail until next year.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:10 pm

There are rumors that they are working on a new "shield" that he will run... no alliegence think Justice LEague Unlimited.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Sure enough, Brother VooDoo is DEAD and right now there is no sorcerer supreme. At least the writers at Marvel aren't as quick to kill off their minority characters as the writers at DC.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Return to “Earth 617”