GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

T'Challa aka Black Panther - do not delete

Postby teknoblade » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 am

1992 UPDATE (ORIGINAL)
EQUIPMENT
Vibranium Microweave Mesh: [BlackPantherV2.01Pg11, BlackPantherV2.02Pg6, BlackPantherV2.04PgCvr, BlackPantherV2.07Pg7, BlackPantherV2.43Pg10]
Energy-Dampening Boots: [BlackPantherV2.01Pg12, BlackPantherV2.02Pg11, BlackPantherV2.03Pg13/22, BlackPantherV2.04Pg1, BlackPantherV2.04Pg5, BlackPantherV2.07Pg9/11, BlackPantherV2.08Pg8, BlackPantherV2.09Pg17, BlackPantherV2.10Pg20, BlackPantherV2.11Pg18, BlackPantherV2.14Pg8, BlackPantherV2.15PgCvr/7, BlackPantherV2.17Pg11]
Mask Lenses: [BlackPantherV2.04Pg5 (Spec), BlackPantherV2.30Pg10/11]
Cloaking Technology: [BlackPantherV2.01Pg11, BlackPantherV2.02Pg8, BlackPantherV2.03Pg15, BlackPantherV2.13Pg22 (Spec), BlackPantherV2.14Pg14/18, BlackPantherV2.42Pg21, BlackPantherV2.42Pg20]
Anti-Metal Claws: [BlackPantherV2.02Pg7, BlackPantherV2.04Pg4/19, BlackPantherV2.05Pg3, BlackPantherV2.07PgCvr/20, BlackPantherV2.10Pg20, BlackPantherV2.13PgCvr/4, BlackPantherV2.14PgCvr/8/11, BlackPantherV2.15PgCvr/4, BlackPantherV2.17PgCvr/3, BlackPantherV2.25Pg19, BlackPantherV2.28Pg19, BlackPantherV2.29Pg6/7, BlackPantherV2.35Pg17, BlackPantherV2.42Pg21]
Energy Dagger: [BlackPantherV2.01Pg13/18 (Spec), BlackPantherV2.02Pg6, BlackPantherV2.01Pg11, BlackPantherV2.03Pg5, BlackPantherV2.04PgCvr/6, BlackPantherV2.05Pg4, BlackPantherV2.06PgCvr/3/4/5/7, BlackPantherV2.07Pg12/21, BlackPantherV2.09Pg7, BlackPantherV2.11Pg18, BlackPantherV2.14Pg10/13, BlackPantherV2.15Pg4, BlackPantherV2.28Pg20, BlackPantherV2.29Pg6/7, BlackPantherV2.33Pg16/17, BlackPantherV2.34Pg22]
Kimoyo Cards: an extremely powerful and versatile PDA. It functions similarly to the Avengers' communicards, but with many more practical applications. In one instance , the Panther called up a schematic of a jumbo jet's cockpit controls and took command of the plane, landing the plane safely in a river. Additionally, they are global positioning, communications device and can also home in on the unique energy signature Panther's Energy Dagger "marks" his prey with. "Kimoyo" is Bantu for "of the spirit." [BlackPantherV2.01Pg13 (Spec), BlackPantherV2.05Pg23, BlackPantherV2.08Pg11, BlackPantherV2.09Pg8, BlackPantherV2.14Pg10, BlackPantherV2.32Pg12, BlackPantherV2.33Pg19/20, BlackPantherV2.39Pg22, BlackPantherV2.40Pg10, BlackPantherV2.42Pg23]
Panther Armor: Heavenly Armor is lightweight body armor covering the user from head to toe in a similar fashion as Iron Man that operates by thought. It offers flight at high speeds, slightly enhanced strength, and more protection in combat. Thrice Blessed Armor is what Black Panther uses to fight super natural creatures, for example demons and vampires. Blessed by the panther God it harbours immense spiritual status and power. It is not unusual for him to call upon this armour to give him an edge when fighting normal superhuman beings. Light Armor is what he uses to help fight both normal and powerful beings like doctor doom on a regular basis. This armour is easier to move in and seems to be activated using his mind rather than an external power source.
Last edited by teknoblade on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teknoblade

Re: T'Challa aka Black Panther

Postby teknoblade » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 am

REFERENCE (TSR6908.MHR3.Avengers.Archives-The.Grandmasters.Log)
Shield: He uses a Vibranium alloy shield (Incredible material strength).
• Projectile: US. Agent can throw the shield up to six areas away, causing Incredible Blunt damage. He can bounce the shield off two surfaces and have it return to him with a yellow or better Agility FEAT roll.
• Protection: The shield provides Unearthly protection against concussive force attacks (sonics, shock waves, force beams, etc.) and negates any Slam/Stun effects. It provides Incredible protection against other physical or energy attacks, and these can Stun or Slam U.S. Agent.

I would like to start with this....
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3416 ... itybp7.jpg
which is a design improvemnt to the iron-age...
http://www.armouronline.com/foto/produk ... shield.jpg
comic reference to developing this technolohy (1977)...
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... page19.jpg

Anti-Metal Claws; though ultimately the final upgrade, as they rock balls, were based on a material discovered in the Savage Lands around the early 1990s. I'm thinking of starting with an average Incredible Edge and Brass Knuckles (+1CS Blunt) -Incredible vibranium claws. It would be nice if they were retractable but that could be an improvement to the base design.

Energy Dagger; I would like to change to Energy Claws, but wouldnt be opposed to starting with Energy Daggers and then upgrading later. I am still trying to find a reference to a similar technology to base this on. I was thinking of utilizing the Black Knights energy sword as a technology basis for this improvement, but not sure when he gets this item.

Kimoyo Cards; Based on this I would like to use it as the basis for the Avenger Card Upgrade. I already have signs that they had this level of tech in the 1980.

I am trying to develop some type of timeline for R&D and some test plateforms before the nicely packaged Suits and Light Armors.
Last edited by teknoblade on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

teknoblade

Re: T'Challa aka Black Panther - do not delete

Postby teknoblade » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:45 am

PANTHER ARMORS WILL BE DEVELOPED BASED ON THE COMIC & WEB REFERENCE (Power Suits/pg67)
This category includes all items that modify the wearer's seven basic abilities. The applicable ranks are the item's material strength or Body Armor (whichever is higher), and the final stats of the modified abilities.

Other modifiers:
+1 CS for every Power added (if Power is within one of, or higher than, the highest stat, it becomes an applicable rank, and this modifier is ignored)

Example: You wish to build a superpowered suit of Good material, providing Excellent Body Armor, raising your Strength to Amazing and Endurance to Incredible. Effective cost is Amazing +1CS (for the Incredible) or Fantastic cost. The Good material and Excellent Body Armor have no effect on the effective cost.

1-Light Armor: Based on the Vibranium alloy above (Incredible material strength), Ex-Rm rank/cost utilities like radar, infravision, protected senses, lifesupport, and other toys (Think Utility Belt) have no effect on the effective cost. INCREDIBLE-AMAZING
THIS ONE COMES FIRST AND MAYBE THE SECOND FOR AN ADVENTURE I"M PREPARING BUT OTHERWISE IM NOT RUSHING RUNNING TO THE LAST UNTIL THE CIVIL WAR HAPPENS.

2-Heavenly Armor: Raising BPs Strength to IN (+2CS) and Endurance to AM (+2CS), the cost of the material for body armor is already paid. Effective cost is Amazing +1CS (for the Incredible) or FANTASTIC-MONSTROUS cost. It does seem to affect his agility or at least restrict it in some manner because he seems slugish when fighting in it.

3-Thrice Blessed Armor: This seems to be the basic system with some time of mystical protection/weapons against magic. Effective cost is INcredible +1CS (for the Incredible) or AMAZING-FANTASTIC cost.
Last edited by teknoblade on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm

ARE THESE TWO THE SAME THING?

Extraordinary Senses(TSR6871-MA0-Marvel_Super_Heroes_Advanced_Set-Judges_Book): The Black Panther has Incredible Sight, Hearing, and Smell.

Enhanced Senses (TSR6871-MA0-Marvel_Super_Heroes_Advanced_Set-Players_Book,71): One or more of the hero's five normal senses (hearing. sight, smell, touch, taste) is increased to the Power rank level. Use this rank instead of Intuition to discover clues, spot items and determine initiative (in the case of Hearing). These extra-ordinary senses are more vulnerable to attack and as such these attacks are at +1CS. Examples of such attacks include bright lights for sight, sonic attacks for hearing. traps activated by touch, or knock-out gases for smell.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 pm

teknoblade wrote:ARE THESE TWO THE SAME THING?

Extraordinary Senses(TSR6871-MA0-Marvel_Super_Heroes_Advanced_Set-Judges_Book): The Black Panther has Incredible Sight, Hearing, and Smell.

Enhanced Senses (TSR6871-MA0-Marvel_Super_Heroes_Advanced_Set-Players_Book,71): One or more of the hero's five normal senses (hearing. sight, smell, touch, taste) is increased to the Power rank level. Use this rank instead of Intuition to discover clues, spot items and determine initiative (in the case of Hearing). These extra-ordinary senses are more vulnerable to attack and as such these attacks are at +1CS. Examples of such attacks include bright lights for sight, sonic attacks for hearing. traps activated by touch, or knock-out gases for smell.

I would say the stats in the Advanced Judges Book are a typo, they ment Enhanced Senses for sure, unless they forgot to write out the power Extraordinary Senses.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:07 am

So, I am a huge fan of the STARGATE series and am watching a marathon right now. I have an artist friend that showed the picture below and I ask you all...

Does this look like something cool/dorky for T'Challa and/or for his honor guard?

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:00 pm

OUTLINE FOR POWER SUIT PROGRESSION
KARMA SPENT TO IMPROVE OR CREATE POWER STUNT
-00 (06/13/09, The Last Resort) +1CS Reason to EX
-40 (06/20/09, The Last Resort) Upgraded to Vibranium Clawed Buckler (VBC)
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded to Vibranium Energy-Dampening Boots (VEDB)
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded VEDB for Wall-Crawling
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded VBC with Energy-Claws (EC)
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded EC with Stun
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded to Vibranium Microweave Mesh (Body Armor)
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded with Cloaking Technology (Illusion)
-00 (xx/xx/xx, xxx) Upgraded to Panther Armor (Light)

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

KNOWN POWERS:
Infravision: The Black Panther has excellent infravision and can see well even on moonless nights. However, he cannot see in absolute darkness.
Extraordinary/Enhanced Senses: The Black Panther has Incredible Sight, Hearing, and Smell. Use this rank instead of Intuition to discover clues, spot items and determine initiative (in the case of Hearing). These extra-ordinary senses are more vulnerable to attack and as such these attacks are at +1CS. Examples of such attacks include bright lights for sight, sonic attacks for hearing. traps activated by touch, or knock-out gases for smell.
DT19/Tracking Ability: The Black Panther's keenly-honed senses give him Amazing Tracking ability. Outdoors, he can follow a trail up to 12 hours after it was made; in a city environment, the time limit is 6 hours.
Costume: Because of his dark costume, the Black Panther is hard to detect in darkness or dim light. Opponents take -2CS to their Intuition FEAT rolls when they are trying to spot the Black Panther.

TALENTS: In combat the Black Panther uses Martial Arts A, B, C, and E, as well as Acrobatics and Tumbling skills. He is also trained in Physics.
Martial Arts A: Stun or Slam an opponent regardless of their comparative Strengths and Endurances.
Martial Arts B: +1CS to Fighting ability when engaged in unarmed combat.
Martial Arts C: + 1CS to his Strength for Grappling attacks (including damage) and Escaping, Agility for purposes of Dodging.
Martial Arts E: + t to initiative rolls in unarmed combat.
Acrobatics: +1CS when dodging, evading, and escaping.
Tumbling: Agility FEAT to land feet-first after any fall that does not inflict damage.

CONTACTS: In addition to the Avengers connection, the Black Panther is a good friend of the Fantastic Four. As King of Wakanda, the Black Panther has diplomatic immunity in the United States.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Nice to see the Black Panther Armor is still getting improved....

Now it even has a nice shinny rack...

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 am

the old one looks better

the new one looks like crap...
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 am

I dunno Black Panther looks good with tits.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 pm

teknoblade wrote:So, I am a huge fan of the STARGATE series and am watching a marathon right now. I have an artist friend that showed the picture below and I ask you all...

Does this look like something cool/dorky for T'Challa and/or for his honor guard?

Yeah if you wanted to call him the Half-Naked Black Panther.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:35 pm

Ozymandius wrote: Yeah if you wanted to call him the Half-Naked Black Panther.

That armor was going to be more for the common palace guards and cerimonies. It would also have the Clawed Bucklers for protection and hand-to-hand combat.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 pm

After his continued training with along side his comrade Hercules and good friend Ben Grim "The Thing", T'Challa "The Black Panther" has all but mastered the martial art of wrestling.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Four more game and I official unviel the light armor, then being working on the thrice blessed and heavy armor. I would love to have access to the ebony blade for when i want to use him as a strong character. Being it becomes his after a failed vatican assassination.

Return to “Earth 617”