T'Challa aka Black Panther - do not delete

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: T'Challa aka Black Panther - do not delete

Postby teknoblade » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 pm

The four-issue miniseries Black Panther, appeared in 1988, written by Peter B. Gillis and penciled by Denys Cowan. McGregor revisited his Panther saga with Gene Colan in "Panther's Quest", published as 25 eight-page installments within the bi-weekly anthology series Marvel Comics Presents (issues #13-37, Feb.-Dec. 1989). He later teamed with artist Dwayne Turner in the square-bound miniseries Panther's Prey (Sept. 1990 - March 1991).

Writer Christopher Priest's and penciller Mark Texeira's 1998 series The Black Panther vol. 3 utilized Erik Killmonger, Venomm, and other characters introduced in "Panther's Rage", together with new characters such as State Department attorney Everett Ross, the Black Panther's adopted brother, Hunter, and Panther's protégé, Queen Divine Justice. The Priest-Texeira series, which was under the Marvel Knights imprint in its first year, earned critical plaudits, but sales of the comic were never high. Priest said the creation of character Ross contributed heavily to his decision to write the series. "I realized I could use Ross to bridge the gap between the African culture that the Black Panther mythos is steeped in and the predominantly white readership that Marvel sells to," adding that in his opinion, the Black Panther had been misused in the years after his creation.[7]

Black Panther vol. 2, #1-62 (Nov. 1998 - Sept. 2003)
In Volume 2, writer Christopher Priest expanded the Panther's day-to-day arsenal to include equipment such as an "energy dagger", a vibranium-weave suit, and a portable supercomputer, the "Kimoyo card."

Black Panther vol. 3, #1-41, Annual #1 (April 2005-Oct. 2008)
In Volume 3, writer Reginald Hudlin introduced such specialized equipment as "thrice-blessed armor" and "light armor" for specific tasks, and also outfitted him with the Ebony Blade, however the Ebony Blade was recently returned to the Black Knight by T'Challa's wife, Storm.[37] The last 13 issues (#50-62) saw the main character replaced by an African American New York City police officer named Kasper Cole, with T'Challa relegated to a supporting character. This Black Panther, who became the White Tiger, was placed in the series The Crew, running concurrently with the final few Black Panther issues. The Crew was canceled with issue #7.

In 2005, Marvel began publishing the ongoing series Black Panther vol. 4, initially written by filmmaker Reginald Hudlin (through issue #38) and penciled by John Romita, Jr. (through #6). Hudlin said he wanted to add "street cred" to the title, although he noted that the book is not necessarily or primarily geared toward an African-American readership.[8] As influences for his characterization of the character, Hudlin has cited comic character Batman, film director Spike Lee, and music artist Sean Combs.[8] This volume ran 41 issues (April 2005 - Nov. 2008).

Black Panther vol. 4 #1- (Feb. 2009- )
A new Black Panther title launched in February 2009, with Hudlin scripting, which introduced a successor Black Panther, [9][10] T'challa's sister. Hudlin co-wrote issue #7 with Jonathan Maberry, who then become the new writer,[11] joined by artist Will Conrad.[12]
Last edited by teknoblade on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Behold...
The Black Panthers personal toys of trade and pimp fly rides....
Timeline (Under Construction, Please Pardon Our Dust.).....

Panther Cycle
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... 5Cover.jpg

Panther Craft
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... page02.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... 26pg04.jpg
Last edited by teknoblade on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:45 am

Well the good news is that Black Panther shared Wakanda's technology with everyone whom defended peace and as such began upgrading the Avenger's equipment and vehicles along with his own.

The Quinjet, which he designed... only improved as there technology matured. The same with Captain America's Van/Cycle, and Falcon's Wings.
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... Page11.jpg

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Mask Lenses/Filters: Fitted with multispectrum lenses to augment his already superhumanly enhanced natural senses. These provided Incredible ranked Infravision that allow him to see in total darkness. They also provide Remarkable protection against sound and light-based attacks. If blinded or deafened , the effect lasts for one round while his senses adjust. When the microsensors within the microveave filter most commonly known airborn poison or toxin, providing Excellent Resistance to Toxic or Poisonous Gases/Vapors.

Invention/Resource
IN+1CS=AM

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:04 pm

APRIL...IMPROVEMENT
Mask Lenses/Filters: Fitted with multi-spectrum lenses to augment his already superhuman enhanced natural senses. These provided IN40 ranked Infravision that allow him to see in total darkness. They also provide RM30 protection against sound and light-based attacks. If blinded or deafened , the effect lasts for one round while his senses adjust.

Invention/Resource (2 WEEK)
IN+1CS=AM, 1CS= MON,

OR

Energy-generated claws can be set to stun or kill and are capable of creating IN40 intensity claws (Energy or Edged Column) or fired like darts up to 3 areas (Shooting Column), and regenerated repeatedly allowing for multiattacks. Targets hit are marked by the energies, and can be seen by his costume lenses and tracked using Kimoyo Cards. The energy claws are intangible and are therefore capable of Phasing through materials of IN40 material strength as well as Disrupting Electronics at Power Rank Intensity.

Invention/Resource (2 WEEK)
Based on the technology developed to make the Energy Sword of the Black Knight III...
IN+1CS-1CS=AM, 1CS= MON,

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Final improvements have been finished to the Black PAnther's Vibranium Clawed Gauntlet (VCG): Vibranium alloy construction (Incredible material strength). The Gauntlet can be utilized as a bucklers providing Unearthly protection against concussive force attacks (sonics, shock waves, force beams, etc.) and negates any Slam/Stun effects. It provides Incredible protection against other physical or energy attacks, and these can Stun or Slam the Black Panther.
• The clawed gauntlet provide Incredible (40) Edge, though he rarely does more than EX20 (20) damage to living beings, and +1CS Slugfest damage. Made of Antarctic Vibranium-based "Anti-Metal" that can break down most metals at the molecular level. On contact all metals are required to make a Material FEAT or be dissolved.
• Energy-generated claws can be set to stun or kill and are capable of creating IN40 intensity claws (Energy or Edged Column) or fired like darts up to 3 areas (Shooting Column), and regenerated repeatedly allowing for multiattacks. Targets hit are marked by the energies, and can be seen by his costume lenses and tracked using Kimoyo Cards. The energy claws are intangible and are therefore capable of Phasing through materials of IN40 material strength as well as Disrupting Electronics at Power Rank Intensity.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... ybp7-1.jpg

I may get it actual very close to the THUNDERCATS Gauntlet and Sword of Omens, which I thought was intensely more interesting then a knife. I was think something along the lines of "Collapsible Space Technology" (ie Ultraviolet) for incorporating the Ebony Blade that T'challa gets in mid 1990s.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsallian ... stoys7.jpg

Return to “Earth 617”