I have a few quick questions about the Resource rules.
1) Can more then one character pool their Resources
Lets say that three characters wish to pool their Good (10) Resources can they buy a Remarkable (30) item?
Hay you are saying we need to start acting like a team, can we spend like a team for the betterment of the team?
2) Can you upgrade some packages...
I understand why you say you can't upgrade some packages (for example the communications room)... but some packages seem to be easly upgradable (here is an example below)
Kitchen Package Cost: Good
Occupies one room. Consists of sink, stove (gas or electric), four cabinets, dishware and stainless tableware, counterspace.
This version is standard equipment with most residential housing. At Excellent Cost add refrigerator, dishwasher, or microwave, plus a fire extinguisher. At Remarkable Cost add all three and freezer.
So for example one week we can get a Kicthen Package and a week later get a refrigerator for it... can we get the package and then pay the diffrance (also a good resource check) kind of like what we all do in real life, we want the nice kichen so we get some parts now, and later we get the nice microwave...
I'm not saying you should allow this for "high tech" packages, but "common" ones like the Kitchen, Living Room, Library Package, Dining Room Package, Office Package, and so on.... this should be handeled on a case by case bases
3) Selling Equipment and Items (aka "the trade in")
Lets say that we are going to upgrade to a better comminications package (from Local to Regional) what if we want to sell the Regional Communications package? In the rules you can always buy a used package for -1CS.. so if we wanted to sell something, (say our Local comminications package) and upgrade to a Regional communications package?
I have two ideas on how we can do this
1) Reduce the cost of the package to be bought by -1CS or half the original cost of the package being sold (rounded down) whichever greater. (so if someone sells a package worth Amazing (50) they would reduce the cost of the new package by (20) Incredable)
2) a flat additional -1CS to the cost of the new package.