System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Resource Rules Discussion

Postby Peewee » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,

I have a few quick questions about the Resource rules.

1) Can more then one character pool their Resources
Lets say that three characters wish to pool their Good (10) Resources can they buy a Remarkable (30) item?
Hay you are saying we need to start acting like a team, can we spend like a team for the betterment of the team?

2) Can you upgrade some packages...
I understand why you say you can't upgrade some packages (for example the communications room)... but some packages seem to be easly upgradable (here is an example below)

Kitchen Package Cost: Good
Occupies one room. Consists of sink, stove (gas or electric), four cabinets, dishware and stainless tableware, counterspace.
This version is standard equipment with most residential housing. At Excellent Cost add refrigerator, dishwasher, or microwave, plus a fire extinguisher. At Remarkable Cost add all three and freezer.

So for example one week we can get a Kicthen Package and a week later get a refrigerator for it... can we get the package and then pay the diffrance (also a good resource check) kind of like what we all do in real life, we want the nice kichen so we get some parts now, and later we get the nice microwave...

I'm not saying you should allow this for "high tech" packages, but "common" ones like the Kitchen, Living Room, Library Package, Dining Room Package, Office Package, and so on.... this should be handeled on a case by case bases

3) Selling Equipment and Items (aka "the trade in")
Lets say that we are going to upgrade to a better comminications package (from Local to Regional) what if we want to sell the Regional Communications package? In the rules you can always buy a used package for -1CS.. so if we wanted to sell something, (say our Local comminications package) and upgrade to a Regional communications package?

I have two ideas on how we can do this

1) Reduce the cost of the package to be bought by -1CS or half the original cost of the package being sold (rounded down) whichever greater. (so if someone sells a package worth Amazing (50) they would reduce the cost of the new package by (20) Incredable)

or

2) a flat additional -1CS to the cost of the new package.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: Resource Rules Discussion

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 pm

After getting the property I wouldnt purchase anything else and use the rules to have things made or upgraded through the use of Contacts and Team Members. You have a lot to play with MAchineman, Henry Pym, Ironman, and lastly T'challa just to name the heavy hitters.

I beleive the rules mention upgrading pachages based on quality, complexity, etc.. I'll try and quote the reference after I finishing cleaning up my drive.

"Cost is a reflection of location as well as sire of the structure. The listed prices are for a building in most American cities and their suburban surroundings. If the heroes are apartment hunting in Manhattan or the
richer suburbs, raise prices by 1CS. If the heroes settle down in a relatively secluded spot. like Colorado, Tamarind Island, or Lake Geneva, shift cost down by 1CS. Cost is presented in two values. The first is the
cost if the character is renting. payable by the month. The second is if the character is buying or building (in the case of apartments, this is dealing in condos)." PAGE 55

"Costs are for a fairly nice selection of material. The heroes may acquire something less expensive and/or reliable (in the case of a living room, the furniture doesn't match -in the case of a second-hand danger room, it goes berserk more often than usual), at -1CS of price. Very high quality packages (a Library Package stocked with first editions) may be + 1CS or + 2CS. Equipment may also be picked up by pieces, and for certain types of equipment this is the only way of acquiring it." PAGE 56

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:20 am

Only this way
1.) Combined and Multiple FEATs
Combined Actions: Individuals may help
each other in performing FEATs (lifting a
car, researching the function of an alien
device, etc.). Check the ability both
characters are using. If the lower of the two
characters is within one rank of the higher,
the character with the higher ability
receives a +1CS benefit to the FEAT. This
benefit may be used in cases of using
complementary Powers for the same FEAT
as well, provided that Power aids the
situation .

2.)Costs are for a fairly nice selection of
material. The heroes may acquire something
less expensive and/or reliable (in the case of
a living room, the furniture doesn't match -in
the case of a second-hand danger room, it
goes berserk more often than usual), at -
1CS of price. Very high quality packages (a
Library Package stocked with first editions)
may be + 1CS or + 2CS. Equipment may
also be picked up by pieces, and for certain
types of equipment this is the only way of
acquiring it.

3.)Nothing in the rules about this yet!!!!!!

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:00 pm

How would a power like Magneto's and Madison Jeffries' affect this.... Remember that for creating an item you divided the construction time by half for Magnus' power in Secret Wars. I would say require a KARMA payment to make things permanent but it already requires a RED Reason FEAT roll. This of cource would be more for the XMen then the Avengers.

Transmutation (Molding/MC11): .......... As mentioned earlier, living targets can be affected but not directly slain by this Power. The Power can be used quite profitably to outfit either heroes or villains with all the arcane and exotic equipment they need. After all, Quinjets, Body Armor, and Nuclear Pogo-sticks aren't exactly off-the shelf purchases. Clever use of this Power could raise the hero's Resource level anywhere from +1CS to +4CS; the Judge and player will have to work this out for themselves.

I was thining maybe making a good living on the side opening up Madison's Recycling. I can make a killing man. I never have to pay for electricity, just mold to separate the metals and convert them as needed, then animate by will all the machines i build to load them. BAM

Return to “Earth 617”