AEF: Red Hook

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: AEF: Red Hook

Postby teknoblade » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Just curious but are we paying for a warehouse or a new building because it seems we are paying for a new building price and if that is the case I would prefer the building utilize a modular design and architecture. That way the building can grow to meet our needs and the construction is fairly cheap as it reuses storage containers within the basic structure.

Simple Example...
http://www.tranism.com/weblog/2008/12/c ... ectur.html

Better Example...
http://www.lifecyclebuilding.org/images ... 10675a.jpg
http://www.lifecyclebuilding.org/images ... 10675b.jpg

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Nope

We paid for an existing structure and they even lowerd the price for us by 1CS... the Avengers paid for the building and the basic build out, we paid for the rest (like the communications, docs, and offices) the plan was to get the place built up little by little..

BTW there is no better moduler system in NYC in the 80s then a werehouse... we have 25-0' ceilings for gods sake.. trust me there is plenty of room, and that's without building anything undergound!

I will be adding a Gurage Pakcage, Fito will be adding the kicthen, Nani may be adding a Crime Files Room, and I have no idea what nice will be adding to the HQ.

the plan is once we get all the basics in we are going to custom build some stuff (for example Justice will start working on a AI to help manage the house, much like Jevus in the Iron Man move) and we plan on getting an interior defence package (the place is too close to the street for a exteror defence package)

Hay thats it! why don't you get the secuity package?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 am

Here's an interesting idea for a MCU, Cargo Ships and are relatively cheap and with little improvements could be setup. The largest benefit is that msot are design to operate till the rust to the bottom of the ocean. Most will come with equipment that we would need and use or at the very least improve upon.
http://www.maritimesales.com/Ships%20for%20Sale.htm

These MCU Combined with recycling a few abandoned oil rigs and using them as platforms, will give us a great amount of flexability. There are many upgrades and potential to having a base or facility in international waters. Additionally, like their mobile counterpart they will come with equipment that we would need and use or at the very least improve upon.
http://www.buyrigs.com/inventory.html

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:21 pm

I like the idea... but I think it's better suited to a home campaign with new characters...

The avengers.. Not so much...

Update:
I added a 1 vehicle Garage Package to the HQ before the last resort adventure.

I already started working on updating the floor plans...

But now that we have a Garage package I can start working on repairing the "transforming DeLorean DMC-12" and making it a normal (well "normal for the avengers") car again. I don’t know about you but the DeLorean was one of the coolest cars ever to come out in the 80’s

P.S. They are starting to make them again... Im not kidding, 57k each and making 10 a year...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Also,

After talking with PJ.. I think we need to get a GMC Van (Rm new, Gd used) and paint it black with a red A on the side... ya baby.. we are the Avengers.. maybe you heard of us.. the A team....

::que music::::

Also COPS (the TV show) started in 1989...

Starting to think of what would happen of "Avengers Red Hook" TV show came out at that time insted of COPS... maybe call the show CAPES......

all profits from the show will go to the rebuilding of the area and helping its schools...

damn cool idea if you ask me
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Yeah, I was also thinking we could make a new Avengers logo and work a comunicator through it. Here's a few examples of what we can do with an A.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

teknoblade wrote:Yeah, I was also thinking we could make a new Avengers logo and work a comunicator through it. Here's a few examples of what we can do with an A.

:roll:
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Jose,

need to come up with a design for the dock package.. it takes up three areas and has everything you need to maintain a boat or sub.. I was thinking of focusing it on boats and maybe doing a boat house on the pear or on the sea wall next to the pear... making it a small structure. Man the dock package is HUGE.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Docks are the most over thought designs there are but also the simplest. Try optimizing and get a two for one with a drydock storage unit. Definetly want to improve the channal and seawall to handle special uses.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:03 pm

teknoblade wrote:Docks are the most over thought designs there are but also the simplest. Try optimizing and get a two for one with a drydock storage unit. Definetly want to improve the channal and seawall to handle special uses.

Well according to the rules storage areas are at no cost, but the dock package states you need one for each craft... So we can't really do it within the rules as is... The dry dock I was thinking about would be kind of something like a high tech car garage on the water. (With hydraulic boat lift, retractable wet wall, and pump system to make it a dry dock when needed)

In essence it will end up taking up the south side of the dock...

Being 3 areas in length we can dry-dock a 264 foot long boat (which are commonly about 60’ wide) and still have 44sq yard work area with repair and maintenance facilities. (This can always be used as storage) which can also include parking area for other boats (but no repair or maintance...)

The funny thing… We don’t have a boat yet......
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Dont see why we couldnt do something like this for 2-Shuttles, 2-Subs, 2 Boats, 2-Misc and then have a dry dock for a craft like the one from a previous post at most. We dont need to repair super cariers there, that's done at ship yards.

I'm thinking something like this would be at the least a +1CS for cost. I would say +2CS if I were judging because where we are building.
http://www.bjbcl.com/images/pro601.jpg
Last edited by teknoblade on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Heretic
Slave to this message board

Postby The Heretic » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Also,

After talking with PJ.. I think we need to get a GMC Van (Rm new, Gd used) and paint it black with a red A on the side... ya baby.. we are the Avengers.. maybe you heard of us.. the A team....

::que music::::

CAPES......

all profits from the show will go to the rebuilding of the area and helping its schools...

damn cool idea if you ask me

Well the theme music would have to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6F7M15YdE

Oh Yeah!
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:51 pm

I was thinking more like a groupee song..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQU-tVSuw4

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 pm

nope. what the f*ck does sir mix a lott got to do with this? Holding out is the way to go.
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:35 am

teknoblade wrote:I was thinking more like a groupee song..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQU-tVSuw4

We are talking the opening song for the "CAPES" TV show that Justice and Swordsmen will be pitching to the networks

I agree "I need a Hearo" would be the best song.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Earth 617”