Postby Peewee » Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm

AEF: Red Hook

Members & Avengers living at AEF: Red Hook
Justice
She-Hulk*
FireBird*
Swordmen*

Current Avenger Supervisor: Scarlet Witch
(*Denote: Full Avenger Membership Status)

Location Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hook,_Brooklyn

Red Hook HQ Stats and Floor Plans
Medium Warehouse
Size: Large
Material: Typical (need to upgrade this as soon as possable)

Room Packages:
Communications Room (Maned by a HERBY thanks for the F4)
Garage Package (1 Vehicle)
Office Package
Living Room Package (Thanks to Cap'n Amaerica)
Living Quarters (Bed rooms and Bath rooms)
Kitchen Package

The warehouse also sports a NBA Half-Court Basketball court (surrounded by 12'-0" fencing)

One the grounds
The grounds are surrounded by a 10'-0" wall, they include.
Dock Package (still need to see were the drydock is, the dock package has more then I expected)

LocationImage

Site PlanImage

Ground Floor Layout PlanImage

Room Blowup Plans (Ground and 2nd Floor)Image

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: AEF: Red Hook

Postby teknoblade » Wed May 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, I have to say that the location makes a lot more sence then Avenger Mansion, but lets try and keep the kids out of the line of fire. The AVG HQ, while I understand placed it in a central location for the city, placed every major battle with villains in the same area. This collateral damage can get expensive for the faint of heart.

I was thinking of using something more like decommisioned missle silos for an equipment hanger for BP and Box........
http://www.missilebases.com/atlasfvision
http://www.titan2icbm.org/titanC.html
http://weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploa ... omplex.jpg

and another branch office like an old building, manufacturing plant, fire station.......
Last edited by teknoblade on Wed May 27, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed May 27, 2009 3:30 pm

You know as painfull as this is it turns out that the Black Panther supported your belief in dealing with organized crime to the point he addressed it to the AVENGERS and even went off helping and even impersonating DAREDEVIL.

Check out the revised post and let me know what you think.. Im going to take one or two locations through shell corporations as storage facilities..

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed May 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Them maybe you should join the AEF:Red Hook team...

I fully expect that we would start deaing with organized crime at some point.... specialy in the area we are in.

Besdies we can always upgrade and add a floor to the structure sometime in the future.

:lol:

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed May 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Again I would be glad to help establish the base but I will support building another base in a populated area. From what I saw your base was near the warehouse and port area and I would glady contribute to its construction.

I would be more willing to contribute for the construction of an upgraded facility for the children. Like the local YMCA, Library, Community College, etc. Even tutor the youth at the college and/or YMCA.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed May 27, 2009 4:55 pm

teknoblade wrote: I would be more willing to contribute for the construction of an upgraded facility for the children. Like the local YMCA, Library, Community College, etc. Even tutor the youth at the college and/or YMCA.

I have been doing some resurch on this..

In 1985 there was no YMCA in Red Hook, so thats one thing that Vance & Luke would want to start working on.. but it seems we are on the same boat when it comes to what we would want to do for the local community.

but the first thing we were planing to do was fix up Red Hook park which was in sad shape back then...

and as far for the HQ, we only need a few minor things to get it up and going, I don't think Vance or Luke would feel right about asking too much from Black Panther.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed May 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Luke, Falcon, and I have worked together in the past on several occasions (cults, ninjas, dragons, and vampires) and he has proven himself a capable and honorable warrior. I have no dought that if he has faith in his abilities as a leader in the community. I feel however that the restoration of the park should be driven by the community in response to our continued restoration and improvement project within the neighborhood.

In order to build a wall you must first build a strong foundation. We too mush build a foundation of trust in the community and help foster the movement toward improvement.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu May 28, 2009 2:00 pm

T'challa will assist Luke Cage and Vance Astrovik in the purchase of a warehouse facility and docks through one of Wakanda's many shell corporation. I have stipulated above this facility will be used as either an HQ or a community center but not both. As there is far to great a risk for collateral damage to the nearby community should it fall under attack. In addition I would like to ask that, after repairs and upgrades are complete to the facility, the heroes continue to invest into the restoration and improvement of the community.

I would Also like to purchase one of the Atlas F or Titan C silos like those above. (These are all in the middle of BFE and according to the rules incure a -1CS to cost)

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu May 28, 2009 7:11 pm

If anyone plans on helping create this location. they must be able to play in that game session otherwise keep your money it's no good if you can't attend.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri May 29, 2009 10:41 am

teknoblade wrote:T'challa will assist Luke Cage and Vance Astrovik in the purchase of a warehouse facility and docks through one of Wakanda's many shell corporation. I have stipulated above this facility will be used as either an HQ or a community center but not both. As there is far to great a risk for collateral damage to the nearby community should it fall under attack. In addition I would like to ask that, after repairs and upgrades are complete to the facility, the heroes continue to invest into the restoration and improvement of the community.

I would Also like to purchase one of the Atlas F or Titan C silos like those above. (These are all in the middle of BFE and according to the rules incure a -1CS to cost)

Well once we sit down and play an adventure together we can start discussing some of these ideas....

and you have a point, if we plan on having a community center, we should place it next to the public park (which is 6 or so blocks to the north.)

Also the reasion why I had the "fix the park" thing in mind is because, if you think about it, its a project that can be completed (specialy with super powers) within a weekend and you can get the local pouplation to help out.

I have a very intresting story idea for it, but need to do some resurch (like what was the big raido station in the 80's in NYC?)

I have some fiction in my head that starting to take shape...

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:33 am

Update to the original post.. updated the floorplan and membership roster.

The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby The Heretic » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Well here is the latest on Redhook

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hook,_Brooklyn
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:21 am

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,

After Secret Wars and before the start of Last resort I wanted to do a resoruce check for the AEF base. I would like to get a used one vehicle garage which will require a typical resoruce check.

Also I would like to note that Black Panther has now officaly played with Justice and they discussed AEF: Red Hook, so if he wants to chip in for something at the HQ its all good.. we just need to add a new bed room (though he may not be using it all the time)

To give Black Panther an apartment it seems I will just design 2 remaining empty bedrooms (according to the rules presented in Avengers Archive a Large structure can provide room up to 6 heroes and a staff of two ... but I dont think we are going to have a live in staff in the first place..)

Also seeing that Fito will be paying for the future Kichen I will just include that in the floor plans as well.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:47 pm

I've already mentioned that T'challa would like to offer matching funds for a community improvement and restoration projects within the Red Hook. I will not require private quarters at the facility but think having a few guest quarters available are a good idea.

Aside from this I will be contributing a MCU for the AEF Program.

All these will be done throught shell corporations to avoid any legal ramifications and all the work shall be handled through standard ITB.

Eventually, I will make improvements to the Harbor/Docks for the AEF Program.
http://www.sub-find.com/trilobis65.htm

I would like to build a park for the community as well, but one thing at a time.
[img]http://onearthtravel.com/blog/wp-content/arkitecture.jpeg[img]

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:53 pm

teknoblade wrote:Aside from this I will be contributing a MCU for the AEF Program.

An MCU would be a good idea.. but we would need a driver & clearance with NYPD.. but its a good idea for sure... and hell its not like we dont have the room to park it....

About the docks...

What I have in the map is no nothing like what we have on the site.. if you read the dock package there is a lot more to it then what we have shown.

Dock Package Cost: Remarkable
Occupies three areas per sea or sub vehicle. Servicing for a single sea or sub vehicle, including drydock facilities. Each sea or sub vehicle requires its own dock package.

What we have on the map is a just the doc.. none of the servicing facilites.. which will be my next project to draw on the map, so I think we may be ok on the dock end.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Earth 617”