Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel aka Pulsar

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel aka Pulsar

Postby teknoblade » Fri May 08, 2009 1:20 am

Well I never got around to giving her a thread and she has such an amazing ability.... MORE TO COME.

The good news is that with STATISTICS like these it wont cost me more then time to get a little for nothing...
F GD (10)
A EX (20)
S GD (10)
E RM (30)
R TY (6)
I GD (10)
P TY (6)

Unfortunately, That means that outside of her Great Power Stunts, shes just about useless.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Re: Monica Rambeau aka Captain Marvel aka Pulsar

Postby Thanos » Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 am

you crazy

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sat May 09, 2009 11:16 pm

WELL my forms are rather lacking in information and limitations...

Body Transformation (Energy): Monica can transform her entire body into any form of electro-magnetic energy, including visible light, cosmic radiation, gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet, infrared, microwaves and radio waves. PENDING (neutrinos, tachyons, ionic). She may perform a number of Power stunts at up to Unearthly ability with these transformations, including: [Avengers233Pg5, Avengers250Pg18, Avengers255Pg4, Avengers271Pg16/21] [Avengers229Pg5, Avengers236Pg28/29, Avengers245Pg5, Avengers246Pg18, Avengers263Pg19, Avengers268Pg3/4, Avengers275Pg13, Avengers276Pg10/18, Avengers279Pg4/5/22/24/26/31] [Avenger231Pg32, Avengers236Pg29, Avengers250Pg18, Avengers270Pg16, Avengers272Pg18, Avengers276Pg18, Avengers277Pg21, Avengers278Pg22/27/28, Avengers248Pg21]•Flight: Captain Marvel flies at Class 3000 air speed (speed of light).
•Illusion: [Avengers232Pg11, Avengers256Pg17, Avengers257Pg17, Avengers258Pg27, Avengers277Pg22, Avengers279Pg4/5, Avengers284Pg26]
•Invisibility: Captain Marvel can redirect light so that it flows around her, making herself invisible. However, if the light in the area is too colorful or if she moves around too much, she must make a REASON FEAT roll or else monochromatic "ghosts" will appear, perhaps giving away her location. [Avengers227Pg3, Avengers231Pg12/13, Avengers232Pg10, Avengers242Pg6, Avengers256Pg17, Avengers258Pg27, Avengers272Pg4, Avengers277Pg22, Avengers279Pg4/5]
•Light: Captain Marvel can generate Unearthly intensity light. Yellow or better Endurance FEAT rolls are needed to avoid being blinded for 1- 10 rounds.
Body Transformation, Self (Electricity/ Living Lightning):
•Control Electronics (PENDING): [Avengers237Pg28/29, Avengers250Pg18, Avengers258Pg29, Avengers268Pg17]
•Life Support: While in here energy form Monica can survive in space and underwater [Avengers227Pg3, Avengers232Pg19, Avengers232Pg27, Avengers233Pg24/25, Avengers237Pg25, Avengers244Pg16, Avengers245Pg3/4/15/26, Avengers252Pg26, Avengers253Pg22, Avengers255Pg3, Avengers258Pg24, Avengers259Pg26/27, Avengers260Pg17/18, Avengers263Pg13/15, Avengers273Pg13, Avengers275Pg13]
•Phasing: [Avengers227Pg3, Avengers229Pg5, Avengers231Pg12/13, Avengers232Pg26, Avengers233Pg7, Avengers234Pg5/17, Avengers238Pg11, Avengers240Pg14, Avengers242Pg6, Avengers245Pg5/15, Avengers248Pg26, Avengers250Pg18, Avengers255Pg3/4, Avengers258Pg27, Avengers265Pg17, Avengers273Pg13]
•Flight: [Living Lightning, Living Laser, Avengers227Pg3, Avengers228Pg9, Avengers229Pg5, Avengers231PgCvr, Avengers231Pg12/13, Avengers231Pg29, Avengers232Pg10/11/12, Avengers233Pg4/5, Avengers233Pg24/25, Avengers238Pg11, Avengers240Pg14, Avengers252Pg26, Avengers253Pg22, Avengers255Pg3/4, Avengers259Pg26, Avengers260Pg17/18, Avengers273Pg13]

Energy Attacks: [Living Lightning, Living Laser, Avengers228Pg5, Avengers231Pg29, Avengers232Pg20, Avengers232Pg26, Avengers233Pg26, Avengers236Pg28/29, Avengers237Pg26, Avengers241Pg21, Avengers248Pg16, Avengers249Pg19/32, Avengers250Pg18/37/38/40, Avengers255Pg18/19, Avengers258Pg24/29/31, Avengers259Pg26, Avengers260Pg17/18/27, Avengers262Pg26, Avengers265Pg11/27/32, Avengers282Pg21/26/27, Avengers283Pg5, Avengers284Pg10/26, Avengers288Pg29]

Multi-Attack (NEW): Use Power Rank for Endurance in Charge Attack against multiple targets in path. [Northstar/Quicksilver, Avengers231PgCvr/29, Avengers232Pg20, Avengers250Pg38, Avengers265Pg2, Average272Pg11/18, Avengers283Pg5, Avengers241Pg11, Avengers265Pg11/27/32]
Last edited by teknoblade on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun May 10, 2009 12:05 am

Anyone know any other energy body beings? I found Tachyon from Force in MU7 page 20, but I never saw her use that for or mention it so that comes latter after I learn the new energy type and then the stunt (reflection).

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun May 10, 2009 10:56 am

Check out entries for the LIving Laser.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun May 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Already referenced living laser and lightning in the information posted... next I will master Tacyons and use the hero with the same name as a reference to develop the reflection power stunt... then ionic energy when I have a fling with Wonder Man... finally I plan on marrying Dr Manhattan.

Found Stratosfire and Sunturion in MU6 and cross referenced them with the updated Captain Marvel in the same book. This was after discovering and experiencing her limitation first hand, Captain Marvel took months to reconstitute her body. After this she limited her powers to MONSTROUS and began manifesting her powers while in a solid state. I dont plan on the same happening...

Energy Transformation, Self (Microwave): Captain Marvel can transform into pure microwave energy of Unearthly rank at will. In energy form, he is intangible and cannot be harmed by Physical or most Energy attacks. Energy attacks that disrupt his energy state do power rank damage. Captain Marvel cannot attack while in energy form but has developed the following power stunts:
-Force Field (PENDING): Unearthly, if he extends the force field around others, the force field is reduced to Monstrous intensity. The force field has a maximum diameter of one area.
-Resistance/Absorption (PENDING): Unearthly resistance to Light, Radiation and Laser. Captain Marvel is able to absorb such energies in order to replenish lost health.
-Flight: Unearthly airspeed
-Energy Beams (NEW): Unearthly Radiation or Heat, 20 areas.
-Energy Lock/Radiowave Generation (PENDING): Captain Marvel can detect, locate and lock onto energy transmissions with Unearthly ability for a variety of effects. By locking onto radio transmissions, she is able to determine the precise location of the source of the communications. By locking onto the transmissions of an energy based weapon, she is able to channel her own energy beams back to the weapon, bypassing any protections it may have. Captain Marvel can also cause any electronic device she locks onto to overload and become useless for 1-10 turns, with Unearthly ability. Locking onto a signal requires a successful power FEAT roll.
-Energy Boost (PENDING): Captain Marvel can use his body's energy to power any electronic device, increasing its potency by up to Unearthly rank. Captain Marvel must touch the electronic device in order to boost its power.
-Life Support: As a being composed of energy, Captain Marvel no longer needs to eat, sleep, breathe, or eliminate waste products. She can comfortably survive in the vacuum of space.
LIMITATION: It is unknown if Captain Marvel can be killed, but her energies can be temporarily dissipated. For example, each time Captain Marvel uses her Force Field, Energy Beams, Area Blast, Energy Touch or Energy Boost powers at greater than listed rank, she must make a RED Endurance FEAT roll or dissipate. Depending on the amount of energy expended, it could take Captain Marvel as little as minutes to as many as years to reconstitute her body.

THE HIGHLIGHTED ONE IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT WAS FIRST USED IN THE ADVENTURE WE ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING............YEAAAAAA

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:43 pm

CONFUSSED, AM I READING THIS RIGHT THAT IT OFFERS PROTECTION OR SOMETHING SIMILAR?

S14/Energy Sheath: The hero can surround himself with an energy field. This field provides protection, life support, and a means of manifesting the hero's other Powers. The energy field can be of any type (see the Energy Emission section for available types). Each energy field has its own characteristics that affect the ways the hero can use the Power. Only one Energy Sheath can be used at a time. The hero may possess several possible Energy Sheathes. ....If the Sheath is destroyed, the hero must make a red FEAT to regain it. Possible ways of destroying a Sheath include Energy Control and Conversion, Power Control, and Magic.

When the hero is using this Power, he has a special vulnerability to Energy Control and Conversion Powers that can affect his type of Energy Sheath (-2CS). However, he also has +2CS Resistance to attacks using the same energy form as his Sheath. For the duration of the Sheath, it is assumed to be made of an infinite supply of that energy. ......

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:08 am

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:18 pm

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COMICS THESE ARE AND HAVE THEM? I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING THROUGH THE QUASAR COMICS WHERE THE STARBLASTERS AND STRANGER APPEAR. IM THINKING THE SUGAR IS IN QUASAR 54-56 (1994) AS MONICA HAS APPEARANCES IN THOSE.

She resumed crimefighting, facing foes such as Brazilian crimelord Kristina Ramos, Moonstone, Powderkeg, the Sons of the Serpent, the Blue Marvel and the alien Starblasters. At the same time, she served as a cargo ship captain in her friend Ron Morgan's shipping company before starting her own charter business. Her original powers gradually regenerated, fully returning after the alien Stranger helpfully accelerated the process.

EITHER WAY IT SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN SOME TIME FOR HER TO RECOVER HER OLD POWERS COMPLETELY..

PS THIS IS DUMB...
When the late Mar-Vell's offspring Genis became an adventurer, he soon became known as Captain Marvel like his father before him—which Monica resented at first. After she and Genis teamed up to defeat the Controller, Genis tried to concede the Captain Marvel title to Monica since he felt she was more worthy of it; but Monica declined out of respect for the Mar-Vell legacy, impulsively adopting a new costumed alias as Photon. More recently, Genis—physically and mentally transformed after a near-death experience and wanting to establish a new identity for himself distinct from his father—started calling himself Photon. Monica confronted him, tensely at first, but the two Photons ended up brainstorming superhero names over coffee. Neither one of them wanted to become Captain Marvel again given all the baggage associated with the name, but Monica decided to let Genis keep the Photon alias after she came up with a name she liked better: Pulsar.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Yeap, I was right. Marvel took great time and dedication to develop a story and explain how she got her powers back...

Enter the super beign... The Stranger and BAMMMM!
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62 ... page08.jpg

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:19 pm

1987-89Monica transforms into a lighting bolt and does a cannon ball into the largest conductive mass on the planet, the Atlantic. This disipates her so much that she takes the better part of a year to reform and the rest confined to a bed while the rest of her energy returns.

1990; After a she returned without her powers and began serving once again at sea on a friends boat... bam her new power manifests (Energy Shealth) but with severe limitations.

1992; She has nearly master her new ability and can use it to manifest most of her older powers and a few new ones.

1994; The Stranger needs help after getting the Quantum Brand powers and restores her to her full power... Energy Body and Energy Shealth.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Top Potential Powers..... duplicating unique energy she has encountered in game.

EC4/Darkforce Manipulation: This is a Power that is unique to campaigns using the Marvel Universe. It does not apply to campaigns set in other parts of the Multiverse. The hero can generate and control the extra-dimensional energy-form known as "Darkforce." This resembles a tangible, impenetrable shadow and possesses several unique characteristics that the hero can use to develop Power Stunts:
• Blunt attack damage at Power rank.
• Shadowcasting of Power rank Intensity darkness over a maximum of three areas.
• Flight at -1CS speed.
• Gateway.
• Energy Solidification.
The Darkforce is as yet undefined in the Marvel Universe. For your game's purposes, you might simply treat it as an other-dimensional power source that fills its own entire pocket dimension. That definition will work in or out of the official Marvel Universe.

EC7/Energy Solidification: The hero can transform energy into a matrix that simulates solid matter. This matrix may be any shape the hero desires, although greater complexity requires a higher Intensity FEAT to create. For example, simple solids can be formed by a Feeble FEAT. Animated forms require a Typical
FEAT. Likenesses and simple machinery require an Incredible FEAT. The energy matrix possesses Strength equal to the Power rank. It continues to exist for a duration determined by the hero's Psyche. After that time, the matrix harmlessly dissipates. Some of the uses for this Power include:
• Forming cages or barriers.
• Forming servants to perform desired tasks.
• Creating Body Armor to protect and enhance the hero's abilities.
• At high levels, the hero can build semipermanent structures at will.
Pieces that are "broken off" from the matrix immediately revert to their original energy form, doing -4CS damage to the vandal. Optional Powers include any Energy Emission or Energy Control Power.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Alternatively, I can spend half as much KARMA and get to make the power permanent...

S14/Energy Sheath: The hero can surround himself with an energy field. This field provides protection, lifesupport, and a means of manifesting the hero's other Powers. The energy field can be of any type (see the Energy Emission section for available types). Each energy field has its own characteristics that affect the ways the hero can use the Power. Only one Energy Sheath can be used at a time. The hero may possess several possible Energy Sheathes. The original rank for each is Good; this can be modified by the Ability Modifier Table on page 6 in the Player's Book. Each Power is rolled separately. Thus a hero might possess a Poor Sonic Sheath and an Incredible Vibration Sheath.

Damage to the Sheath does not affect the hero's Health. If the Sheath is destroyed, the hero. must make a red FEAT to regain it. Possible ways of destroying a Sheath include Energy Control and Conversion, Power Control, and Magic. When the hero is using this Power, he has a special vulnerability to Energy Control and Conversion Powers that can affect his type of Energy Sheath (-2CS). However, he also has +2CS Resistance to attacks using the same energy form as his Sheath. For the duration of the Sheath, it is assumed to be made of an infinite supply of that energy. (Otherwise, the character bookkeeping would be a nightmare. "Let's see, if I throw a fireball, that's gonna cost five minutes of power…")

When creating the hero, the player can opt to replace one of the other Powers with a Transportation Power. The player can also replace other Powers with the appropriate Energy Emission and Control Powers, if he so chooses.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Hey I can give her a "NOVA BLAST"........

PC7/Focus: The hero can channel all his raw energy into a single burst of a chosen Ability or Power. All his Power and Ability rank numbers are totaled together. This rank number replaces the rank number for a chosen Power. Upon the completion of releasing the Power, all the hero's Abilities and Powers temporarily drop to Feeble. This Power's rank number is the total amount of lost points the hero can regain each turn. Points are divided evenly between all the depleted Abilities and Powers. (Okay, this isn't really a Power either. Roll again for an additional Power.)

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:13 am

POWER STUNTS: FLASH.... Taken from one of the references below.
Writtup is based on EE2 from the Ultimate Powers Book.......
Pulsar has demonstrated the ability to utilize her various energy form to either energize or overload electrical devices at Power Rank Intensity.

[Avengers237Pg28/29, Avengers250Pg18, Avengers258Pg29, Avengers268Pg17, Judges, Power Armors x3]

Last edited by teknoblade on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Earth 617”