Campaign Rules Discussion

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Re: Campaign Rules Discussion

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 pm

We need a discussion at the next game. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is fond of spending karma to get hits, but the "bad guys" do not suffer the same rules for killing as the good guys. I have a proposal. If they can kill, then so can we. At no karma loss. OR, if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, spends karma to get a hit and the kill shot comes up, then we should be allowed to bring in another character while Quicksilver(providing Ramone is at the game), is running our mortally wounded character to the nearest hospital. If Hank Pym, Sersie, and Hercules are forced to take up the slack in Chinatown, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should learn to live with his karma spending consequences. If Magik should teleport in to visit Gambit, only to find Gambit cradling the BlackWidow's mortally wounded body (because Ramone is studying and may not make it to the game in order to have Quicksilver run poor dying Natasha to the hospital), well so be it. Karma and consequences should work from both ends of the rules.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 pm

And remember, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, IS ignoring the little paragraph in the judges book about not spending Karma to kill heroes. We are playing TO HAVE FUN, not to argue the rules for hours at a time, or to spend hundreds of Karma just to keep a character alive when the dice are rolling bad. And so, if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, spends karma to gaurantee a hit, and a killing hit is the result, then Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, should be prepared for our replacement heroes to show up. If Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, thinks that Hank Pym will be too powerful for the GangWar series, just wait until I bring in Magik instead. I'll have us playing DC in minutes.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:05 pm

rob,

The trick is to bank most of the karma and just keep enough out to help you out of a tight spot. this is usually the karma you just made in the previous game. This will let you enjoy your heroes new darkside. Also feel free to steal gear from villains as ours tends to be destroyed quite a bit. I have been curious why other heroes dont get the same game grace Wolverine has regarding killing. Hell, not even Domino or Deadpool and that is nuts as they were practically killing machines in the comics.

So, enjoy yourself and remember to collect that misc RP karma you need to tell Ralf what you did in between adventures. I recommend working it out into a little chart and just asking how many weeks have past. Then tell him you did all this weekly on alternating days to make sure more people could attend the events. Then total*frequency is KARMA. According to him that 2000+ karma i bitched about yrly not getting was because no one mentioned doing anything in game.

I was pretty sure that was what the thread was for but again we seem to have forgot, so keep up your end. My personal recomendations is enjoy the freedom of X-Force.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 am

New members have been updated!!!

Return to “Earth 617”