THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

Postby teknoblade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:20 am

MorganWolf wrote:sorry the constrictor armor was consfiscated by the us governemnt as evidence in the case you guys were on. If you think that everytime you fight someone you will be stripping them of their stuff you got another think coming. this is not D&D where the victor gets the spoils no way I will let this game get out of hand and abused. period!!

So please explain what I would do with the highlighted ability of my characters power?

Transmutation (Molding/MC11): Using the Power destructively is easy; using it constructively is harder and requires the player to have some knowledge of basic Engineering. The complexity of the intended design determines what Reason FEAT is needed. Simple, single-component designs require a green Reason FEAT. Complex or multiple-component designs require a yellow FEAT. Extremely complex designs (anything from a clock on up) requires a red FEAT and probably a set of blueprints. Exactly duplicating an existing object also requires a red Reason FEAT. The Power can function for as long as the hero can concentrate. Any failed rolls while attempting a FEAT mean that while the Power has begun to Mold the target, there is a problem because "something doesn't look quite right." Molding automatically affects any stationary, non-living, unprotected material. Moving targets require the hero to make an Agility FEAT to hit. Living targets are allowed to Resist this Power in the same way they would try to Resist any Energy Attack. As mentioned earlier, living targets can be affected but not directly slain by this Power. The Power can be used quite profitably to outfit either heroes or villains with all the arcane and exotic equipment they need. After all, Quinjets, Body Armor, and Nuclear Pogo-sticks aren't exactly off-the shelf purchases. Clever use of this Power could raise the hero's Resource level anywhere from +1CS to +4CS; the Judge and player will have to work this out for themselves.

PS WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GUYS DO WITH THE CAMPAIGN RULES SECTION THAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE USING TO DISCUSS RULINGS?

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 am

So I've decided on the next power stunt for Madison Jeffries... which I have already begun to convert for a tech bacsed hero...

•P10/Self-Revival (NEW): The bond between the Box Armor and Jeffries is so strong that it can repair seemingly fatal damage and actually restore the Armor. The power functions despite the absence of life in the body. It repairs the major damage and draws from nearby sources to replace or repair damages at the same rate as the Regeneration Power. Even if dismembered or seemingly destroyed, the Revival Power is concentrated on the largest remaining segment. In rare cases, all body parts regrow. Depending on the size of the segment, each attains only partial redevelopment of growth, intelligence, and power. Even rarer are the cases where all the newly regrown bodies attain full development. Rarest of all is the case where all the new bodies share a single mind. The Judge can decide if he wants to allow such rare cases to intrude on his tidy campaign. This power contains aspects of Free Spirit and Matter Creation. The color FEAT reflects the amount of the body available for the Power to work with. A green FEAT means all the body is present aside from spilled blood. A yellow FEAT means all vital organs are present, although some of the less vital parts may still be missing. A red FEAT is required if at most one quarter of the original body is available. If less is available, Revival cannot occur. [AlphaFlightV1.058.16, Alpha Flight 75 page 23/24]

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 am

You need to slow down there junior, all these things you seem to be manifesting have to go thru me and if it is a power you must buy it, because a power stunt is doing something with a current power that is out of the ordinary. check the main heading of this forum section and you will see the HOUSE RULES; by the way you do not count as a robotic character as it is jefferies powers that make up box and we will delve into how powerful tech items you make are, just because you are unearthly in using it does'nt mean your tech level is unearthly- that is based on your reason unless your forge- he's slightly different.

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 am

I'm starting to have bad flashbacks of D&D 4.0 where a single cleric takes out an encounter with a
Holy Word spell and a bunch of feats. If the Marvel game starts to get this way where one PC is
utterly dominating and making the others insignificant then I'd rather not even play.

And no disrespect to the poeple involved but all this back and forth is starting to become alot like
the aggravating rules lawyering that went on in D&D all the time. For Gods sake this game is 20
years old!!! I'm fairly certain that if 1 year ago someone had decided to revamp the rules and make
them more modern alot of these questions would have been answered, including a better way of
balancing the game.

Anyways, that's my rant. I love comic books and I'd hate to see a game based on these heroes that I
care about so much go bad real fast.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 am

So why don't you just resolve your arguments like men?

With a die roll.

Actually in the home game arguments don't last long. You do something, Greg tells you no, you roll your eyes and then point to the chart that shows the world of D&D and Greg's World and where they overlap. Most of the time you are in Greg's world.

But you know what...we don't have rules arguments anymore. Actually, some of his rulings have made some of our actions much cooler (like displacing when you run out of movement and end in someone's square).

Perhaps you should apply the same idea to your own home game.

I mean a game is a lot more fun when people are civil, and even though the players don't always win the arguments, knowing you at least had a shot to change the GMs mind is good enough.

Why not take the game at face value for a few sessions before going all crackity-crack in the game?

Greg slammed the breaks on us when he made everything cost X4 gold in the campaign and on top of it he ruled that we could only have one active summoning spell per person at a time on the board (that was unpopular until we realized that it affected him as well, we didn't want a summoner battle going on like in LG or LA).

Sort of the same thing in this game:

Why are you all so bent on upgrading your characters so far? Enjoy the life of a scrub superhero for a while catching low-end dudes. That makes going after the big guys that much sweeter when their story-arcs take up a larger chunk of sessions and character development really happens. Look at it this way, there will come a point when you are too upgraded, too cracked, too awesome that the game will become boring because there is nothing left to fight. You won't want to go back down to the original book characters again if you restart.

When our homegame started up we were so excited to get our 9th level characters out of storage but Greg told us no. We started as 0-level slaves. WTF is a 0-level slave? I'll tell you. You got 10 skill points and 30 hit points, no BAB no Saves modifer. You got two regional feats, that's it. Welcome to the campaign.

HOLY sh*t! I was like, WTF is this? Well guess what? We had an awesome time! Without all our buffs, fancy spells and what not we actually had to use our skills, plan out what we were going to do, take -4 to all attacks becasue we were proficient with nothing except manacles.

Now we are level 6 and we are "living it up" with some of our magical spells coming into fruition and the first prestige class levels appearing. But guess what? The monsters we face have also progressed. We fought 3 Chaos Beasts (and won) we fought over 10 green slime creatures (and barely won) and on top of it we defeated a Bloated One (12 level Cleric/Infected with Green Slime) and his cult (we lost chuck). The party was an effective ECL of 8 and the combat was a total EL of 15.

It rocked. And we are still not geared to the nines.

You need to follow Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,'s advice and learn to enjoy the game with what you have now, without forgetting your planning for the future (i.e. Box upgrades, Iron Man tech, etc.), because when you do get those upgrades/items the game is going to adjust and modify what it throws at you as well as a result of your new abilities/powers.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:15 pm

MorganWolf wrote:You need to slow down there junior, all these things you seem to be manifesting have to go thru me and if it is a power you must buy it, because a power stunt is doing something with a current power that is out of the ordinary. check the main heading of this forum section and you will see the HOUSE RULES; by the way you do not count as a robotic character as it is jefferies powers that make up box and we will delve into how powerful tech items you make are, just because you are unearthly in using it does'nt mean your tech level is unearthly- that is based on your reason unless your forge- he's slightly different.

Yo old man, Was it just me or was the purpose of this board and these post to do just what everyone keeps whinning about. A place to post and discuss all the rules, keep records of the characters and thier advancement, and to setup future games. But maybe we should just review and decide everything at the games and waste an hour or two. Also, "No offense" to everyone that seems to be getting frustrated that I have the time to develop my heroes, but if you missed it I have a lot of time and I tried to do the same for others. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, made it clear that everyone should only work on thier character. I even brought all the comics on my external for everyone and thus far only Nice bother to take them. Peter seems to also have started and I beleive Richard has done the same after download their own references.

So lets review the references for the proposed P10/Self-Revival (NEW) Power Stunt:
-AlphaFlightV1.058.16, After the box starship crashlands on a planet the Box Armor pulls itself back together and then Madison Jeffries imerges from the renewed Armor.
-Alpha Flight 75 page 23/24, After getting torn to pieces by the Thing. The head of Box rebuts "I aint dead yet, you stupid pile of rocks. You just stunned me." Then he completely reforms the BOX armor while he was just a head and scraps.
Seeing that I have yet to find an instance where Jeffries is able to do this outside of his armor. Then it seem pretty cut and dry that this is a Power Stunt. Its also an ability that is completely at the GMs discresion and requires the hero to make progressively difficult FEAT rolls. I will of course have to finish establishing this stunt according to the rules.

Another power stunt is the reverse of an established one, S30/Shrinking that will also require establishing as it only appears in one reference thus far (iss.53 able to shrink that robot down to something tiny)

PS
Taking the shape of a Warp capable Starship seems like Unearthly level to me, but maybe thats just me. Also, According to Madisons Talents he does that at Unearthly level and I have been rolling as part of my noncombat to manifest an alteration. Its just hard to not make a Green at that level, which I think was that point. On the other hand, if I was to try to make a cannon for Cable or Quicksilver it would take a RED Feat Roll, as per the Molding Power. Let me know when I should use the new stats as this goes up because of new talents (ie Engineering, +1CS to all FEATs involving building things, including the Resource FEAT to determine if an object can be built).

AGAIN ALL OF US ARE FOLLOWING THE SAME RULES AND, OUTSIDE OF NOT HAVING ANY COMIC REFERENCES, HAVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP OUR HEROES. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TIME OR INTEREST TO DEVELOP YOURS OWN HEROES. THEN YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO SUCK IT UP AND PLAY WHAT YOU ARE GIVEN. OTHERWISE YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO PAY ME FOR DOING THE WORK FOR YOU OFF THE BOOKS.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

OFF TOPIC...

Hey Phil,

Are you even playing, I have yet to see you at any games?
What is the status of that Adventure you were going to write?

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:55 pm

That sounded like someone laying down the gauntlet.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 pm

That sounded like someone laying down the gauntlet.

Okay so I am not the only one who caught that. ;)
All I need is some popcorn and a tall glass of Coke because apparently some of the posters on this
forum already brought the firewroks.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I'll bring the skittles.
And you're right! This should be interesting.

PJ's pimp hand is a strong pimp hand.

Living City Forums

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:22 pm

I'll bring the skittles.
And you're right! This should be interesting.

PJ's pimp hand is a strong pimp hand.

Yes but Jose did make the bet with him and it's on this forum somewhere so strictly on those terms
alone I think Jose has the upper hand. Jose is quickly becoming the version of Ramon but for Marvel
in terms of how ardent he is about them. ( and for the record I am not saying this as an insult )

Skittles!!!! I'm not much into Skittles but if you can swing some regular M&Ms then that's cool with me.
I'll bring the peanut-centered M&Ms in case Nice shows up because she's always wanted to taste my nuts. ;)

And no Albert, I will not come wearing my jean-shorts. No hairy legs for you!!! Ha Ha Ha

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 pm

How can you deny me your hairy goodness!
lol

I'll look for some Almond M&M's.

This should be good.

Living City Forums

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:00 pm

teknoblade wrote:OFF TOPIC...

Hey Phil,

Are you even playing, I have yet to see you at any games?
What is the status of that Adventure you were going to write?

He did show up for one game.
Last edited by Thanos on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm

The file is attached.

It's been done since the end of March.

File Created: March 20
File Last Modified: March 27

Besides, I enjoyed it, actually you can get a decent amount of karma from it AND it followed your guidelines of nothing higher one step above Average. This wasn't a fighting man's game, it was a thinking man's game. So like the villans always say, "Your powers are useless here Jedi."

Either way, there is is, read it if you want.

Basically I get the Avengers into the module through a riot and from there you get to decide how to proceed. There are many opt-outs from the plot (I don't want to go, I don't want to do it, let the locals do it) so there is no pressuring.

It won't let me upload so I posted it below and removed the numbering format, it is in a large text block.

Background
The United Nations the members of the Security Council are considering a resolution to expand the power of INTERPOL from simple information gathering and surveillance to a more involved role in apprehending the criminals they watch so closely.
This type of expansion of power must be agreed to by all 187 members of the INTERPOL charter and must be approved by a resolution of the United Nations.
Protesters have surrounded the United Nations in response to this drastic expansion of power of INTERPOL while police forces from surrounding precincts have been assigned to ensure that the protests do not get out of hand.
Vitaly Churkin, the Russian Ambassador to the U.N. has spoken out against giving INTERPOL these increased police powers but has said that he is willing to listen to the arguments before making a decision.
The rioters are comprised of regular humans as well as some who have ingested a chemical known as Chacal which has increased their abilities to their human limits by accelerating their metabolism and increasing their chemical responses.
This has a secondary effect of literally “burning up” the victim from the inside as the body consumes an inordinate amount of resources to maintain such a high level of activity.
Police forces are comprised of regular riot police but have been unable to suppress the rioters and the Governor has called for the assistance of the National Guard but they will not be fully mobilized in time before the rioters overrun the police forces.

Plot Summary
The Avengers are called in to deal with an escalating riot outside the United Nations that local law enforcement has been unable to suppress.
The Avengers arrive on the scene and find that many of the rioters and police forces have been literally mauled to death by a small contingent of the rioters who have ingested the Chacal.
A fight between them will ensue with the Avengers most likely winning the conflict.
Police forces have taken heavy losses, mostly wounded but casualties have been increasing as emergency services have been slow to respond.
Investigating the area the Avengers will find several rioters who had ingested the drug and are currently suffering from the withdrawal effects of the drugs.
Interrogation and questioning of the survivors can reveal the following information:
The rioters obtained this new drug from their usual suppliers who called it Chacal.
The drug was supposed to make them feel more than human by expanding their senses.
The suppliers that they received the samples are located in Ridgewood, Queens.
Ridgewood is a densely settled neighborhood, with housing stock ranging from six-family buildings near the Brooklyn border to two-family and single-family row houses deeper into Queens.
Most of Ridgewood was developed block-by-block around the turn of the 20th century. The neighborhood has been largely untouched by construction since then, leaving many centrally planned blocks of houses and tenements still in the same state as their construction.
The Avengers most likely will relay this information to the local authorities and wish to return back to their headquarters; however, due to the large amount of disabled police officers as a result of the deadly riot the Commissioner will ask for their assistance in shutting down the suppliers located in Ridgewood.
The Avengers may use their contacts to learn what they can about these mysterious suppliers as well as possible locations for their distribution point within Ridgewood.
Professional: Law Enforcement
Local law-enforcement recently cracked down on the drug trade in New York City shutting down many of the local rackets and slowing the growth of most of the major criminal organizations trafficking in narcotics of which the Izmailovskaya took the brunt of the police’s crackdown.
Professional: Journalism
The New York Times recently ran an article about the reduction in crime across the whole of New York City which has been attributed to the tough stance taken by the Attorney General Andrew Cuomo and Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly, specifically their targeting of the drug trafficking which had been on the rise in Queens; their actions brought about the arrest of Andrei Afanasyev, cousin to former high-ranking member Alexander Afanasyev of Izmailovskaya.
Professional: Crime
Rumors in the underworld have begun to circulate that the Izmailovskaya has brought a new steroid-based drug into the American markets and is testing its viability in New York before expanding outwards.
Political: State
Governor Patterson of New York is worried that the Izmailovskaya may be attempting to establish a new narcotics foothold within New York City, specifically Ridgewood, where DEA officials along with local police support believe their main distribution point is located.
All of the above contacts provide the following information about the Izmailovskaya which they have gathered from Interpol sources.
The is one of the oldest criminal organizations in Moscow, Russia, believed to have been started in the mid-1980s by a criminal named Oleg Ivanov, who currently oversees the syndicate.
The organization is split into two main groups, the Izmaylovskaya and the Golyanovskaya, of which the former takes the dominant role. The gang uses hierarchy of ranks, similar to the Italian Cosa Nostra. Both groups of the organization are split into subgroups, each under the commander of an authority figure known as an avtoritet. The gang also has an obshchak, a fund used by members to bribe law enforcement and authority figures, and also to provide funding for defence should they be arrested.
In 1994–1995, the organization took losses with the deaths of several prominent members. High ranking mobster Alexander Afanasyev was killed on January 24, 1994 while being pursued by police, while on August 10 of the next year the gang's accountant Lo Chi Kai, a.k.a. Chinese Misha, was murdered. On September 13, two more prominent gangsters were killed.
The gang owns several legitimate fronts to cover its illegal activities, and reportedly also has a presence in cities such as Tel Aviv, Paris, Toronto, Miami, and New York City.
Specifically in New York City, Interpol believes that within Ridgewood, Queens is where the Izmayloyskaya can currently be found near Forest Avenue where several large warehouses have been recently renovated by an overseas construction company; it has no known ties to Izmayloyskaya but is considered the most likely location.
The Avengers may enter Ridgewood but must do so cautiously because the Izmayloyskaya employs many informants throughout the borough who provide them with reports on local police activity near their holdings.
If the Avengers do nothing to conceal their presence then the informants will tip off the Izmayloyskaya and they will be prepared when they arrive at the warehouse.
The Izmayloyskaya warehouse is situated within the heart of Ridgewood and is surrounded on all sides by turn-of-the-century row-houses; all of the buildings are still comprised of the original building materials during their initial construction.
If the informants were able to contact the Izmayloyskaya then the number of guards on duty will have doubled and their patrol sweeps will have increased from every fifteen minutes to every five.
If the Avengers manage to arrive undetected then the patrols will sweep the compound every fifteen minutes and the number of active guards at the beginning of combat will remain the same.
The Avengers have many options available to them at this point as to how to enter the warehouse however they fall into one of two categories: Brute-Force or Stealth. The Izmayloyskaya have the following forms of detection available to them which could possibly detect the Avengers:
Plain Sight
Infrared Scanners (Heat Sensors)
Motion Sensors
The Brute-Force method of entering the warehouse will most definitely alert their forces to the presence of the Avengers should they attack with their powers full active or attempt a head-on assault on their location.
After the third round of combat the building will begin to shake as the Izmayloyskaya guards try to flee the crumbling structure
The Stealth method of entering the warehouse will afford the Avengers the best possible position and chance for information retrieval before being discovered or revealing themselves and beginning combat.
The Avengers will find Alsek Ivanov, son of Oleg Ivanov, who is overseeing the operations here in New York City; he is also wanted on several other counts by the Attorney General.
If the Avengers are found or reveal themselves to the forces inside the building will begin to shake after the third round of combat and the Izmayloyskaya forces will attempt to flee the crumbling structure.
The reason for the shaking of the building is due to the fact that the Izmayloyskaya paid the overseas construction company to build small pockets within the foundation which house small groupings of explosives that can be detonated remotely should the facility be compromised.
The Avengers may attempt various things to prevent the building from falling apart but most likely all they can do is shield themselves from the falling rubble.
As the warehouse collapses the row houses on either side of it begin to collapse as well, the stress of the vibrations from the underground detonations have shaken their foundations as well and caused collateral damage as the tenements on both sides begin collapsing as well.
The entire row of houses on Forest Avenue collapse trapping a large majority of citizens in the rubble.
Emergency services have learned of the accident but will take a few minutes to respond and police action to help with this new incident will be minimal at best.
The Avengers can turn Alsek Ivanov over to local law enforcement when they arrive.
The Avengers can choose to help with the retrieval of the citizens trapped beneath the rubble or return to their headquarters.
If the Avengers assist in the cleanup they must spend the next few hours working with emergency services to help clear debris and rubble (unless they have a power that allows them to dispose of the rubble by transforming it into another substance or telekinesis as an example, Judge’s discretion).
Once emergency services believe they have rescued everyone the Avengers will be free to return to their headquarters.
Arriving back at their headquarters they receive an angry call from Commissioner Kelly to report to the Attorney General’s office immediately.
In the office await Governor Patterson, Attorney General Cuomo, and Commissioner Kelly who appear to be extremely angry with the Avengers.
Governor Patterson explains that because of the manner in which the situation was resolved with several crowded tenements collapsing as a result of what appear to be the actions of the Avengers public opinion has turned against the organization temporarily and citizen’s group have petitioned the Governor to outlaw their operation in New York City.
The Governor has not yet complied with their demands as he has learned that Alsek Ivanov was allowed to go free since there was no evidence against him and he does not have a criminal record within the United States, Russia or Interpol.
The shipment of Chacal that the Avengers were able to safely remove from the debris of the warehouse has disappeared from DEA evidence lockers without a trace.
Governor Patterson, as well as Commissioner Kelly, has been authorized by Vitaly Churkin to empower the Avengers to investigate this timely bond release of Mr. Ivanov, to find out where the last shipment of drugs has been relocated to and who within the DEA is responsible for this clear act of treachery.
Attorney General Cuomo has three possible leads that may help the Avengers in their investigation, each of the names on this list have some connection or information network that may be of assistance.
Osiel Cardenas, formerly of the Gulf Cartel, is imprisoned in the Arthur Kill Correctional Facility on Staten Island; he has first hand knowledge of the drug trade in New York City.
The Kingpin is currently visiting New York City and can be found in the Hotel Novotel where he attending an auction of various artifacts from pre-colonial South America and can be questioned regarding the operations of the Izmayloyskaya; while reduced in power he still maintains much of his operational knowledge of his former stomping grounds.
The Interpol Advisory Board is comprised of the heads of the major intelligence gathering agencies of the Security Council and disseminates any major analysis for review by the Security Council and General Assembly; due to their high position in the intelligence community they may know who the traitor is.
Osiel Cardenas
He is willing to speak with the Avengers but wants his sentence reduced in return for helping with the investigation should his information help in the capture of the individual or individuals responsible for the attacks.
Until the Avengers agree to this stipulation he will not speak any further on the subject.
When they do agree he reveals the following information.
There has been a traitor inside the police structure for years now and has been on the payroll of the Izmayloyskaya before they joined the organization.
Names were never used but during his incarceration here at Arthur Kill he has heard whispers from other inmates associated with the Izmayloyskaya that their informant has been at the highest levels for quite some time now and feeding them constant reports from his office.
The Kingpin
Ever since his empire collapsed here in the United States the Kingpin has been building a new overseas empire in the Pacific Rim where he has taken a keen interest in ancient artifacts, reasons why he has come to this specific auction.
Players can attempt to speak with but the Kingpin will refuse to hold the discussion without it being transacted in public.
If they agree to his stipulations he provides the following.
The whole situation with the riot at the U.N. was a test, to see how effective the drug is and if it could be used to cause mass disruptions on a wider, national scale once it is released to the general population.
He believes there is also a connection to the recent amendment of the U.N. Charter to increase the power of INTERPOL. By allowing those to expand from simple information gathering to prosecution would cause a major uproar within the Baltic States and several pan-Asian countries were these limitations greatly help their trade.
Someone within the U.N. may be responsible for the timing of the attack on the U.N. in coordination with the release of the drug to the protesters.
Interpol Advisory Board
Find Ivanov in a small hovel hiding out and brought to the Attorney General.
The leadership of Interpol is attacked at their headquarters and the director is killed in the attempt; Vitaly Churkin expresses his dismay and outrage at the terrorist attempt to cut the head off of such an important organization such as Interpol.
Ivanov is put on trial where he reveals that outside money helped him develop the Chacal and used it to disrupt the U.N.’s Interpol resolution but before he can name the individual he is shot by Commissioner Kelly who is on Ivanov’s payroll.
Commissioner Kelly is taken into custody and when questioned he reveals that he was responsible for the theft of the drugs but not for the attack on the Interpol leadership or the money to develop the narcotic but that he was paid in Rubles by Ivanov for the work he did.
The clues should point to Churkin, the Russian Ambassador to the U.N. as the source for the money that developed the Chacal and that it would be used as a way to destroy Interpol’s credibility when the drug was mass released in major U.S. cities causing panic and riots as ordinary citizens turned feral and violent killing all those around them while destabilizing the country.

Karma Summary
Encounter 1
Violent Crime Stop/Prevent Stopping Assault on Police Forces +30
Destructive Crime Stop/Prevent Stopping Rioters +20
Rescue Rescue One (1) Police Officer +20
or
Rescue (5+) Rescue Five (5) or More +100
Death Kill a Rioter Reduce to 0

Encounter 2
Local Conspiracy Stop/Prevent Stop Izmayloyskaya +30
Local Conspiracy Arrest Arrest Alsek Ivanov +15
Property Destruction Emerge from Rubble of Warehouse -160
Rescue Rescue People from Tenements +100
Public “Defeat” Negative Media Coverage -5 Pop

Encounter 3
Local Conspiracy Arrest Arrest Alsek Ivanov +15

Encounter 4
Local Conspiracy Arrest Commissioner Kelly +15

Encounter 5
Global Conspiracy Stop/Prevent Reclaim Chacal +50
Global Conspiracy Arrest Vitaly Churkin +25
Maximum Pool Karma: +400
Individual Karma (Weekly Award): +10
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 pm

The one summoning spell active at a time was my idea. I knew if if I went crazy and summoned tons of sh*t it would get old fast.

Unless it is life of death I don't argue about it.

A lot of Greg rulings cut both ways like the use of no errata. You play as written in the book.

There are really strong characters that Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, let into the campaign. I think they give him some headaches. I already told him if he wanted to retool the picks I was cool with it. If he wanted to get rid of Thor, Hercules, Mimic, Serci, and so on it would make his life easier.

Return to “Earth 617”