THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 pm

If your going to talk like a moron I'm going to treat you like one. Once again you read everything as one long line, guess the english lesson wasn't sticking. I said and will not repeat this AGAIN!!!
that aspect of your power means you can command your constructs to move as you wish thru force of will, aside from the other aspects of your power. don't be assanine again.

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 pm

MorganWolf wrote:If your going to talk like a moron I'm going to treat you like one. Once again you read everything as one long line, guess the english lesson wasn't sticking. I said and will not repeat this AGAIN!!!
that aspect of your power means you can command your constructs to move as you wish thru force of will, aside from the other aspects of your power. don't be assanine again.

Well I guess we all misuderstood your previous post as that was the point we were trying to make you were the ones that were saying that the contructs and creations made through Jeffries use of his powers are useless without him to power them.

Read the Molding power, which is Jeffries power in the advanced rules and it lays everything out for you..

PS
I was under the impression that the purpose of the board was to debate the rulings out of the game and because, as the call I just made proved, you hardly answer your phone and dont return calls.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm going on vacation today (out of the country), do you really think I have time to converse?

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 pm

So after careful thinking I've decided to go the route of developing either the Molectural Conversion or Elemental Conversion power.

Prior to dumping so much KARMA into a new power, I will target the Personal/Projected Forcefield power stunt. Being that Madison Jeffries was one of the primary developers for Heather Hudsons Vindicator suit and prior to that had worked on the Guardian project it shouldn't be much of a stretch.

PS
Merging/Phasing (TSR6868-MHAC8-Weapons_Locker, Pg8): The Box armor is entered by physically merging the user’s body into the living metal. This merging takes 1 round. Damage to the Box armor inflicts psychic anguish, but no real damage, to the wearer. Catastrophic damage (loss of a limb), results in unconsciousness for use, Red Psyche FEAT roll to avoid. There is a danger of living beings being trapped within the Box armor. Make an Endurance FEAT roll for every hour above three to allow the user to leave the Box armor. This limitation does not apply to those without physical bodies. Only Jeffries may physically merge with his armor.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 am

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, when repaired do these function as stated ??? ??? ??? ???

POUNDERS: These unique weapons resemble Asgardian brass knuckles. They do not raise his fighting ability, but Ulik does 150 points damage when he hits. In addition, Ulik can use the pounders on Earth, setting off earthquakes of Monstrous damage to everything within three areas, and Remarkable damage to everything within five areas.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 am

teknoblade wrote:Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, when repaired do these function as stated ??? ??? ??? ???

POUNDERS: These unique weapons resemble Asgardian brass knuckles. They do not raise his fighting ability, but Ulik does 150 points damage when he hits. In addition, Ulik can use the pounders on Earth, setting off earthquakes of Monstrous damage to everything within three areas, and Remarkable damage to everything within five areas.

thats because of magic.. not tech

But you can always create technology that can do almost the same thing.... hell I have a ton of ideas for weapon systems.

BTW: Can you put up a link to that new warriors torrent?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:35 am

If I were Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and for the sake of game balance I would NOT allow Box access to the Pounders if
they are going to do the kind of damage they do in the stats of Ulik. I don't want to cast a dark
cloud on the Marvel Game but there were a couple of moments in the game on Saturday that
reminded me of the moments is D&D when you knew that the enemies were screwed because of
the PC power level. Between Mimic and Box alone the possibilities are just insanely sick and this
is before you bring in Thor or Hercules.

I am already seeing some nightmares developing for my Marvel module and I don't want PCs
running roughshot over it. I might develop two sets of stats for the bad guys or contingency
way to bump up the challenges on the fly in case things start to get out of hand.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am

peter is correct " thats right I am agreeing with peter" , the trolls of Asgard are the magical weapon makers of all that realm, they make the best weapons as Mjolnir and Odin's spear are made by the troll's also; so no Jose you will not be gaining the special ability of the knockers, once broken only magic can repair the items.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:34 am

But...

Lets say you want an "Area Effect "X" damage weapon" Sonic Wave generator may work for you.. same effect (X damage over Y areas) but now it fits your characters "tech" feel...

Want a bad ass sword? Plasma Sword baby... or a Vibro-Blade...... both ideas were populer in sci-fi back in the 80's so it's a real possability.

Weapon System that will screw people up, and be and be funky, think of a muti-shot "spike" launcher...
amd work up 5 or so diffrent sikes (much like the arrows used by Hawkeye)

Muti-Target targeting systems, Cyber link that let you tap into satailight communications..

There are reasion why I told you that if I played box, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, whould come down with the Nerf Hammer.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am

You want a really nasty weapon jose?
Something that would be relatively easy to build and would require a millimeter microwave emitter on Box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System
The Active Denial System (ADS) is a non-lethal, directed-energy weapon developed by the U.S. military.[1] It is a strong millimeter-wave transmitter used for crowd control (the "goodbye effect"[2]). Informally, the weapon is also called pain ray.[3] Raytheon is currently marketing a reduced-range version of this technology.[4] The ADS is currently being considered for deployment in the Iraq War.

You could further take this technology and adapt it for dual use by making the beam adjustable. A wide are version for crowd control (leave immediately or stay in the area and take ongoing damage after a round, would also require some sort of endurance check when doing something). Or a narrow beam for actual damage.
Either way you're making the area very nasty for anything living to be in.

Oh and hope for thier sake they don't have something metal on them. that could cause some really nasty secondary burn damage.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 am

Don't use that example around Masterbation Boy, his current girlfriend (firestar) has already microwaved her uterus out, this will bring bad memories for him. thats why their relationship is going to fail she feels that she can't give him a child since her uterus is burned out!!!
True story.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

I'm all good with the Pounder loosing thier special ability, though I have yet to find any source that attributed them as magical, but will be using them as Brass Knuckles and need to know thier material strength. If I'm reading everything correctly they would need to be at the least Unearthly (100) material strength. They would need to be at least that for them to grant a +1CS to his damage as they do.

Additionally, If neither Ironman or Machine Man are interested in the Constrictor Armor technology then MAdison Jeffries will be reverse engineering it to add it to his potential arsenal. Then after successful, I will be modling the Unearthly (100) Adamantium Alloy into a reserve for use in creating simple melee/martial weaponry.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:21 pm

sorry the constrictor armor was consfiscated by the us governemnt as evidence in the case you guys were on. If you think that everytime you fight someone you will be stripping them of their stuff you got another think coming. this is not D&D where the victor gets the spoils no way I will let this game get out of hand and abused. period!!

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 pm

MorganWolf wrote:sorry the constrictor armor was consfiscated by the us governemnt as evidence in the case you guys were on. If you think that everytime you fight someone you will be stripping them of their stuff you got another think coming. this is not D&D where the victor gets the spoils no way I will let this game get out of hand and abused. period!!

Will you post the rules for utilizing RESOURCES then or at least give us a list of tech available through the avengers and xmen. I assume that its a little bit more then just the gear I can find in the standard weapons, vehicles and equipment.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:07 am

sorry the constrictor armor was consfiscated by the us governemnt as evidence in the case you guys were on. If you think that everytime you fight someone you will be stripping them of their stuff you got another think coming. this is not D&D where the victor gets the spoils no way I will let this game get out of hand and abused. period!!

This was a huge concern of mine ( no offense to Jose or anyone else when I say this ). Thank you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,
for making the call and keeping some sanity in thsi game before it goes off the deep end.

Return to “Earth 617”