THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

Postby teknoblade » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:51 am

I started this thread to help me develop Madison Jeffries in the best possible fashion. I would prefer posts with comic references, at least one, to help establish a potential Power Stunt. Aside from that I would welcome any guidance for potential new upgrades or tech.

TOP 5
1- Force Field/Personal or Projected
2- Regeneration/Repair System
3- Robotic Immunities and Resistances
4- Energy Saber/Sword or Claws
5- Psionic Resistance, how do you affect a robot?
Last edited by teknoblade on Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Re: THINKING OUT OF THE BOX, MAdison Jeffries

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:34 am

Several times Madison has saved his team by using his powers to change the wreckage of the omnijet in various ways. Vol.1, iss 39 jet is shot down by atlantean missile, transformed into life raft on the way down.
Vol.1 iss.43 converts jet to "monopede vehicle" while piloting crashing jet while repairing damage while immobilizing the BOX armor.

Matter to Energy Conversion: Vol.1, iss. 41 when you can control matter at the molecular level, you can create energy..even enough for a laser sword-blade of concentrated plasma energy...

Don't forget that touch telepathy.

Vol. 1, iss.53 able to shrink that robot down to something tiny(more of that molecular control),also able to "lose himself in the machine" is the sme issue-could be a form of psionic defense.

See current issues of Uncanny X-Men for more details-the Beast was looking for someone "good with Machines".
Breaking mods with disposable items.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:32 am

First of all, get it out of your mind, you are not a robot in any sense of the word. without you BOX is a trashcan waiting to be hauled away. you replicate technology to give you the semblance of powers. your human body can be affected inside, hence when you take damage your nervous system is attached to the machine.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:46 am

Read Issue 53, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,. The team was fighting Bedlam the Brainblast. Madison made himself nigh umdetectable to this psionic nut job, at least until he spewed out Wolverine and started wading through the bad guys as a robotic killing machine. He probably couldn't pull this trick off without some form of BOX armor.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 am

MorganWolf wrote:First of all, get it out of your mind, you are not a robot in any sense of the word. without you BOX is a trashcan waiting to be hauled away. you replicate technology to give you the semblance of powers. your human body can be affected inside, hence when you take damage your nervous system is attached to the machine.

I'm not sure if I understood you first sentence correctly, but All the equipment and technology Madison Jeffries transmutes is complete functional. For example the Box armor is a Robot, like several others he created (see Alpha Flight 28). The robots are either under his control or continue to respond to his last command as would any other with basic programing. The same can be said for the space or underwater suits he has created for the team on several occasions. Everything is completely functional, so I'm trying to interprete the "trashcan waiting to be hauled away" statement.

In essence Box is the same as Ironman, with the exception that while phased with the armor he is only vulnerable to magical and or psionic attacks. He couldnt be attacked with a disease, gas, poison, or the typical chemical or biological attacks used by some villains as he doesnt eat, sleep, or breath while phased. He has also shown resistances to heat and particilarly cold. While most of this is noted or addressed in the stats for Box I, Box II seems to lack it. Though both armor are made from the same material.

WEAKNESS, The armor also has a vulnerability to cyber based attacks and I would also agree with attacks from villains capable of controlling electronics and def magnetism. Most likely in the form of an Endurance FEAT roll. Madison is also still limited to the duration that he can be phased in the Box Armor.

Alpha Flight 72 in particular page 16/17 demonstrates more that while phased he experiences more the mental pain then the physical. This is apparent with the fact he didnt die when most of the robot was totally destroid. The best example of this is in ... Alpha Flight 75 page 23/24.. where after getting bounded into scrap. The head of Box rebuts "I aint dead yet, you stupid pile of rocks. You just stunned me." Then he completely reforms the BOX armor while he was just a head.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Madison has subconsciously controlled the Box armor--the armor ran around and terrorized people while Madison was asleep. More than a close range effect.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:54 am

according to the MU6 the box armor is powered by jefferies and no one else can use the armor. It specifically says what can and can not be done with the armor.

It does not run around and operate when jefferies is out side it. He can fix and modify it but it will not fight for him unless he is inside it!

so yes a bunch of ~!@#$%^* will show up and recycle box if you leave it on the curb.

As far as the cold and heat thing read ultimate powers under resist physical. It is covered there. He has 30 resist against chemicals, disease, biochemicals, hostile environments and temperature extremes.

Looks like some energy/force attacks are going to be a problem for you.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 am

Well one thing you can do with Box is to "upgrade" the tech some...

Make the armor somehow colaps into a vest or something that can be hidden under cloths... (see Gyver for what I'm thinking)

You need to be in the armor, juts make sure the armor is always with you... if raplh is "no!" about nano-teching it.. make it colaps into 3 or 4 parts... you boots, your vest, belt or something.

then work on new powers in the armor after you make sure its always with you
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 am

Thanos wrote:according to the MU6 the box armor is powered by jefferies and no one else can use the armor. It specifically says what can and can not be done with the armor.

It does not run around and operate when jefferies is out side it. He can fix and modify it but it will not fight for him unless he is inside it!

so yes a bunch of ~!@#$%^* will show up and recycle box if you leave it on the curb.

As far as the cold and heat thing read ultimate powers under resist physical. It is covered there. He has 30 resist against chemicals, disease, biochemicals, hostile environments and temperature extremes.

Looks like some energy/force attacks are going to be a problem for you.

Again look at the very same comics reference above and you will see that the robot constructs are permanent constructions. In on comic he broke apart a reactor worth millions to prevent it from crushing his friends and turned it into flying toys that landed harmlessly. After they were then moved to their original intended destination he transmuted it back to a reactor. So according to you guys either he can maintain this reactor from even another galaxy and while underwater or every time he left the Alpha Flight Mansion went into melt down.

Alpha Flight 72 in particular page 20 Shows Jeffries controlling Box from outside his suit, so does just about half the series where he makes an apearance. MU6 needs major revisions because thus far (2) other could use the box armor and that function has yet to be removed in the comics. Additionally, it doesnt mention that he powers the unit anywhere. What it says is that certain powers can only be manifested while inside and other while he is outside.

PS
Peter, I was thinks along the same route, but I was thinking more like compressing the metal into a complex compact alloy much in the way he did when he changed the armor into what looked like a small communicator. The problem is that it would take me a full round rather then a none combat round to jump into my power armor.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Read MU6 box history 2nd to last paragraph it basically states as long as you have the basic materials on hand you can create box into different machines but the armor is controlled/powered by Jeffries powers and that is why he and only he can run them.

I feel your pain Machine Man is missing a lot of powers and talents and these were made before the game came out.

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:45 pm

I was reading the history of Rogers Bochs with the box armor. Talk about a sad history. I guess the handicapped get no breaks in marvel universe. I liked the guy who gave him corpse legs what a sick bastard.

it goes like this
he gets new legs
he gets rejected by girl
he has mental breakdown
his corpse legs wither away
then his so called friend lobotomized him

nice

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:55 pm

I will gladly go along with the notion that the armor is not robotic in any way and cannot function without my will driving it. That way my only real weaknesses are psionic, gravitational, and magical in nature.

But in Alpha Flight v1 063 the Box armor went rogue while he was phased with it because of a virus. It didnt stop when he decided to jump ship.

WEll Back to TOP 5
1- Force Field/Personal or Projected, this shouldnt be to much of a strech seeing that the Vindicator suit that Heather Hudson wore was co-created by Madison Jeffries.
2- Regeneration/Repair System,
3- Robotic Immunities and Resistances
4- Energy Saber/Sword or Claws
5- Psionic Resistance

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:16 pm

You are talking about the sentence that says "However, because the Box armor is now controlled directly by Jeffries' power, rather than through mechanical controls, no one else can use the Box armor." I seem to be missing the part were it says he powers the moving piece of junk. Again I refer to the comic above that the Box armor went rogue because of a computer virus. But again I prefer to have only 3 weaknesses if you guys want. Well four because my armor seems to have gotten weaker in terms of protection against physical damage.

SO Can Anyone Else See Something Wrong with the paragraphas below:
Transmutation: Jeffries is a technomorph, which gives him Unearthly (100) ability to psionically rearrange metal, plastic and glass in a six area radius around him. He can manipulate items on an atomic level and can create complex and highly thought out machines, weapons, vehicles, and other items, as well as operate them by will force. The metal retains its original material strength, which also serves as its Body Armor, physical Strength, and Endurance. The Fighting and Agility of any device created by Jeffries has a maximum of Amazing (50).

Robot (Box): Outside of the armor, Jeffries' stats (F:TY, A:TY, S:TY, R:EX, I:EX, P:IN). The Box armor has Amazing(50) protection against physical and energy attacks, Monstrous against heat, cold, and radiation. Jeffries can manipulate the metal fabric of the Box robot for a wide variety of effects. The following powers can only be used while in the Box armor.
Last edited by teknoblade on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 am

I seem to be missing the part were it says he powers the moving piece of junk.

Hey Jose don't you read your own material?

Transmutation: Jeffries is a technomorph, which gives him Unearthly (100) ability to psionically rearrange metal, plastic and glass in a six area radius around him. He can manipulate items on an atomic level and can create complex and highly thought out machines, weapons, vehicles, and other items, as well as operate them by will force. The metal retains its original material strength, which also serves as its Body Armor, physical Strength, and Endurance. The Fighting and Agility of any device created by Jeffries has a maximum of Amazing (50).

How much plainer do you need it?

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Ok, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, but I'm going to have to start charging for the English lessons. Once again you fixate on part of sentence instead of the whole sentence. I guess we are ignoring the rest of that sentence that "create complex and highly thought out machines, weapons, vehicles, and other items". Oh, and yes he can control everything with his will force, thus the use of "as well as", but again that doesnt imply that they dont operate when he is not there. You seem to really have a problem with the use of conjunction like and, as well as, and also in sentences. Not quite sure why you ignore the other part of the sentence though.

But since giving you a long list of examples seems to help...
1-I guess every time that Box got to far from his team they all held their breath when using his space suits or underwater gear. When all of Alpah Flight was in a spaceship made of him and he got stunned they must have held their breath and held the ship together at high speeds with duct tape and gum.
2-Wait, Box is not in Canada...that means the Vindicator Suit, The reactor in the Alpha Flight Mansion, hell a crap load of thier vehicles, weapons, and facilities are all falling apart and not working. Oh crap, the reactor in the mansion has been working till now, does that mean a melt down because I cant afford that much Karma LOSS. Dam, I think I'm going to stay with the X-Men till the fallout in Canada subsides.
3-Wait, the decompression chamber that saves Bochs killed him the minute that Box went on a mission.
4-Oh and those toys that where given to kids one x-mas must have turn back into the garbage they were transmuted from.
5-I would continue giving you comic reference but I think I have sent you way to many already.

PS If you are going to use bold text at least take the time and make sure you are right.... In this case you must be using a "special" thesaurus that told you that operate=power.

PPS Maybe you can understand and explain my previous question...its the post before this one..

PPPS This should help.. read the last 2 paragraphs....
Molding/MC11: The hero can shape any solid material into any desired shape. The shaped material retains its original chemical nature.......

Molding automatically affects any stationary, non-living, unprotected material. Moving targets require the hero to make an Agility FEAT to hit. Living targets are allowed to Resist this Power in the same way they would try to Resist any Energy Attack. As mentioned earlier, living targets can be affected but not directly slain by this Power. A target can be protected from being Molded by the use of such Powers as Force Field vs.
Energy, Resistance to Energy, True Invulnerability, certain Magics and Power Controls, temporary Conversion to a liquid or gaseous state, or an equal or higher rank of Molding. The simultaneous use of a protective Molding Power to counteract an offensive one by continually re-Molding the target into its original shape would look positively psychedelic as the target of both Molders continually rippled and wavered).

The Power can be used quite profitably to outfit either heroes or villains with all the arcane and exotic equipment they need. After all, Quinjets, body armor, and nuclear pogo-sticks aren't exactly off-the
shelf purchases. Clever use of this Power could raise the hero's Resource level anywhere from +1CS to +4CS; the Judge and player will have to work this out for themselves. ("Okay Jeff, in yesterday's game you remodeled the HQ of Dr. Octopus. Today you try to collect what he owes you.")

Return to “Earth 617”