My Own Adventure

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

My Own Adventure

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Once I relearn the rules again ( as I had forgotten most of them from not having played for so long ),
I am going to put you guys thru my own adventure which I am writing right now. I have it about 1/3
done and I think you will like it. It's more than one session long for sure but I think the story is cool
and you'll get to meet alot of heroes and villians and it's not tied specifically to any group like the
Avengers, the X-men series, Spiderman, ect.

Plus it gives me the chance to test out the villians that I have created for a project very close to home
for me.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: My Own Adventure

Postby Peewee » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 am

Do we make new Hero's for this?

Or do we use "cannon" characters?
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 am

Do we make new Hero's for this?

Or do we use "cannon" characters?

Actually, that's a kick ass question Pete. I am debating whether this myself. I will tell you this much.
Some of the villians you will meet are brand new creations of my own, including a pretty nasty villian
group spawned from my identity of Dragonheart for the charity work I do. I'm leaning right now towards
having players play already established heroes simply because some of the adventure contents will have
a profound effect or significance to some players if they play certain characters. However, I am not
closeminded to the possibility of using new characters for this as long as they are balanced and not
over powered or under powered.

The only clue I can give you guys about the adventure is the following:

There will certainly be a noticeable D&D influence in the adventure but it will still stay true to the Marvel
spirit. Also, not all challenges will involve beating the heck out of someone or something. Lastly, brush up
on your Japanese and Chinese mythology - it can only help. The tentative title of the adventure is " Of
Dragons and Destinies".

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:04 am

Sweeet!
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:22 pm

The game sounds cool but just a few more questions if you can..
1. You mentioned you wanted to use existing heroes, but are you going to use an updated version of them from one of the online sources or the old versions from the marvel books?
2. How many players are you looking to run for the game and how do you join?
3. Was this going to be a face-to-face game or will it be online?

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:39 pm

1. You mentioned you wanted to use existing heroes, but are you going to use an updated version of them from one of the online sources or the old versions from the marvel books?

#1 - I'd prefer not to use the updated stuff as the villians I am using are based on the older stuff and
certain things have not happened yet based on my timeline ( Ex: The Scarlet Witch has not neutered
the mutant species, Captain American is not dead, Iron Man did not invoke the Superhero Registration
Act, ect. )

#2 - I am shooting for at least 5 players but perhaps up to 7 per the table but not more than this. As
far as joining I'd prefer people that can be there dependably for the duration of the gaming session
which will be more than one based on what I am planning.

#3 - No, it's table top, same as we have been doing at Ramons place. There are moments in this
scenario that will invoke reactions that would be wasted if merely by computer. Besides, I don't know
how to do it via computer and I'm not a fan of playing this way. It's too impersonal.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:12 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:

#1 - I'd prefer not to use the updated stuff as the villians I am using are based on the older stuff and
certain things have not happened yet based on my timeline ( Ex: The Scarlet Witch has not neutered
the mutant species, Captain American is not dead, Iron Man did not invoke the Superhero Registration
Act, ect. )

#2 - I am shooting for at least 5 players but perhaps up to 7 per the table but not more than this. As
far as joining I'd prefer people that can be there dependably for the duration of the gaming session
which will be more than one based on what I am planning.

#3 - No, it's table top, same as we have been doing at Ramons place. There are moments in this
scenario that will invoke reactions that would be wasted if merely by computer. Besides, I don't know
how to do it via computer and I'm not a fan of playing this way. It's too impersonal.

Is this a one shot or a possable campaign?

Asking if you want your own subsection under home campaigns...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Is this a one shot or a possable campaign?

Asking if you want your own subsection under home campaigns...

It's a one shot. I don't have the time to devote to a campaign. Family comes first but I do want to
get this scenario done because it's an idea that came to me in a rush and seemed to fall into place.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Thu May 06, 2010 11:28 pm

What do you think of Rene's mod people?

Xylona Ajani

Postby Xylona Ajani » Fri May 07, 2010 2:15 pm

It great, very diverse from the other mods (I Like). The story line is very good and of course Rene with his writing expresses the scenes around you so vividly that you can really enjoy the story and see your character there. I cannot wait to see the ending next week.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri May 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Thank you for the kind words. On a personal note, Monica I know that the adventure seems very heavy
hitting and that your character is being pummeled alot but there is a storyline reason for this as you have
begun to see when they captured you and attempted to kidnap you away. The "Eternal power source" that
they have spoken of will be unlike anything you may expect. The clues are there - the Chi-long dragon
statue, Dragonman and Lockheed being kidnapped, the ashes of the Asgardian dragon Fafnir, the blood
from Fing Fan Foom, the acquisition of the Makluan tuning fork from the rubble of the destroyed castle
by the Mandarins teleporter... and finally realizing that the Mandarin is running the show. All of it will make
sense in the end. You will probably be in for one or two more nasty beatings but I promise you that the
payoff & the end of the story you will realize that the sacrifices you have made and have yet to make, you
in particular, will be worth it. When you see what the Mandarin is planning and how devastating it will be if
he is successful you will see how the pieces fall into place.

I wrote the adventure with making Sersi the focal point of it from the start. I wanted something that will
challenge her and that will have a great and noble payoff in the end. When you see what the end result is
if you succeed you will understand why it was all worth it... in many ways you will give of yourself in the
true spirit of a hero as you never have before and when I say GIVE OF YOURSELF I REALLY MEAN IT... I
just don't want you to think that I am being mean spirited or picking on you - the storyline has a purpose
but like I said it will make sense at the end and the payoff will make you happy.

Something to think about. ;)

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 pm

Hell, I was happy to see that it at the very least helped push our timeline forward to 1989. It seemed that had we waited any longer a year would have actually passed by in real time. I'm still waiting for Ralf to award the Karma for all the background and plot development players have been posting online.

Return to “Earth 617”