Game System Resources

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Game System Resources

Postby Peewee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:18 am

Here are two websites which have almost every book for download.

http://classicmarvelrpg.com/

and

http://classicmarvelforever.com/

and the offical Marvel Website

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Main_Page

Xylona Ajani

Re: Game System Resources

Postby Xylona Ajani » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Awesome website.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 am

Xylona Ajani wrote:Awesome website.

ty ty

BTW: Added the link to the offical Marvel universe Website as well
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Postby teknoblade » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Dont forget to watch PUSH for inspiration MARVEL BOY... the main character is you in a nut shell..his fashion senses are a lot better though..

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 pm

teknoblade wrote:Dont forget to watch PUSH for inspiration MARVEL BOY... the main character is you in a nut shell..his fashion senses are a lot better though..

Well seeing Im playing my character right out of jail.. before he picked up the costime.. there is a chance I may not use that costume...

I was telling Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, that, seeing that his identy os public knowlage (criminal record) why the hell would be bother?

I will pick up the nic-name Justice.. but for some time he will be referd to as simply Vance....
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm

AS I promised in the last game, please reference this website for each of your heroes and you will now just about all the relavent comic issues you need to look through...

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Category:Heroes

If you bring a list to the game you may compy over these issues to a jump drive, though this must not interfere in the progress of the game, or we will insight the rage of Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,....

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Guys this is a great source for additional information regarding heroes and equipment....
Dragon Magazine Marvel-Phile Columns
http://www.marvelrpg.net/mp/

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 am

teknoblade wrote:Guys this is a great source for additional information regarding heroes and equipment....
Dragon Magazine Marvel-Phile Columns
http://www.marvelrpg.net/mp/

WOW nice find!
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri May 29, 2009 1:55 am

The Heretic
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Stuff we should really have, and should be allowed to.

Postby The Heretic » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 am

Ok so I am killing time here in my house. My woman is watching the MJ Memorial for the 2 billionth time, and I am perusing the Avengers Archive Grandmasters Log, and it states " The following is a list of currently accesible Avengers technology" (pg 4). The Avengers Jacket is clearly listed there as available. So my question is why cant we have it. In my particular case (Swordsman to be exact) incorporating some of these elements into my costume would be a benefit and make the character a bit more hearty. So since its supposed to be available, is there any real reason why we cant have it?
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Stuff we should really have, and should be allowed to.

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

I will say what is allowed and what isn't - the title of this topic is really unfair.
I can't believe I have been asked this but NO you can't use it yet because if you check the date on the boxed set it is for the 90's, when we get there so will the equipment.
This has been asked countless times and it is now confirmed- patience is a virtue!!

sh*t guys some of you are beginning to lose some backbone if you guys can't get some form of body armor I begin to hear complaints, cmon your heros didn't bitch when they got hit and took it -so take it like a MAN already guys!!!
I'm really tired of saying to people since you pick your character you picked his vulnerabilitys, so don't regret when you were given the chance to pick sopmeone with some form of body armor then otherwise learn to live with the hero's method of protection-- sshhheeessshhh!!!!!!
(This was for everyone to hear- not just one person!!!!!!)

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 am

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,,

If I may... we are playing an Alternate timeline... we are free to develop our characters in new ways (for example... Justice using a shield, and having the level of control over his TK which breaks away from the "Core" timeline... let alone the fact that he is leading a team of Avengers which he has also never done)

If someone wants to start developing their powers or talents in new ways, why stop them unless it kills game balance... this is a new world with new challenges...and new stories....

Instead of shackling the players with a pre-determined history, have then use the 90's book as a guide on character development.... IF they want to their character to grow in the same way, they can use the 90's book as a goal and as they play, develop the powers and talents though the expenditure of Karma.

If you want the players to truly follow the 90's stats, give them a price brake on Karma when they pick something there "future self" has.

For example: with Justice I plan on adding a few contacts, some of which he don’t even have in the current story line, I also plan on raising his resources (why do you think we pitched the "Capes" TV show...he is also going to take classes at the local collage, he has computers, and he will be picking up engineering.... can you say "technology patents" it worked for the FF.... justice can come up with a few new things (like a program to better help solar power collection systems) to justify his resources getting better.

Hell if gambit creates that “phasing” power stunt/new power to items he charges… he just jumped way off the timeline… let along him 1) gaining contacts with the Hellfire Club 2) Joining the X-Men almost 10 years too early. Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, I have no idea how the hell you are going to pull off the mutant massacre without gambit handing the bad guys what they needed.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Peter,

Ralf is trying to tier the advancement so that he can take advantage of all the adventures that were already written. I'm sure he would be more amicable to updating the heroes as the timeline steps forward. If anything you should as him what he plans for your heroes when that time comes. This is especially true for heroes like Vance, Forge, Machine Man, T’Challa, Northstar, Box, and to a lesser extent Scarlet Witch that don’t really have updated stats.

My concern is when he will update the characters as not all of the updates came out in the same year. For example Captain Marvel in the dawn of the 1990 Update gets gacked as far as powers but I balanced out by a few stat increases and several talents. This holds true until 1994, which thankfully I found in a comic to confirm the website reference, at which point she regains her original powers of transformation. Granted in the 90s we gain access to cool gear.

With Great Power, Comes Kick Ass Power Stunts!

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:23 pm

With Great Power, Comes Kick Ass Power Stunts!

THATS THE TICKET!!!!

Return to “Earth 617”