What Happens Next? or Will the games go on?

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

What Happens Next? or Will the games go on?

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 pm

We are playing through the last of the published adventures. Will Ralf want to continue running a Marvel Game, or will the campaign come to a close? I have a few ideas to run by the group.

1) Most of the players are unhappy with the fact that Magneto is currently running the school. This is a thread that needs to be resolved. Magneto would either turn himself in or run rather than have the school turn into a battlefield. The school's secret would be blown right open if a major battle took place. I propose that the X-Men go public. The school will accept students that need training in the use/control of their powers. Banshee would be put in charge of the school-his background as an interpol agent should lend him a few bonafides. The school should recruit a few public figures-Namorita Prentiss being the first recruit. Quicksilver, Beast, and Gambit-all mutant Avengers, should be brought onto the school's faculty.
The Scarlet Witch may be a little busy with twin children.

Magneto would have a trial and would be kept in a nice gilded cage-kept around for those just in case emergencies such as skrull invasions, killer asteroids, & etc. He would be quietly put to work on some environmental cleanup issues-various sunken Russian subs with stray nuclear reactors and armaments. Old liners filled with nerve gas that were sunk in the English Channel & North Sea-easy work for the Master of Magnetism.

2) The X-Men should go public about Project:WideAwake and their entire experience in the MX series. Sebastian Shaw should be outed as a mutant and his sentinel production facilities shut down. Outed or Blackmailed, as long as Sentinel production is halted. I hope BOX has been making recordings.

3) Help Cyclops find his family. Then he can retire-even if retirement means a teaching position at the school. No more combat assignments unless the world is ending or the school is under attack.

4) Budget Cuts!! Madison Jeffries will receive direct custody of his brother, Lionel. Let's hope the telepaths are up to the challenge.

More ideas and a little feedback would be nice. I would be willing to take over the campaign, but I would want to run a Mutant Campaign. No more flip-flopping between mutants & Avengers. Someone else could take over the Avengers...
Breaking mods with disposable items.

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying

Re: What Happens Next? or Will the games go on?

Postby teknoblade » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:48 am

IF this happens, I would like to campaign to have a potential for advancement both at the gameday and online threads. We've had players that posted ideas and excellent character development within online threads and have gotten nothing out of the effort. I would also like the idea of developing one hero either NEW or existing, but if an existing hero is used that they get a full update. Also, if you cannot make it to the games you should not pick a hero that the team cannot function without.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 am

We are not done with the published mods as yet so give it time!!!

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 am

"Give it time", we are playing in a Marvel Campaign world that is operating at Real Time. Effectively, you are running a Living Marvel. If you want more time brother then speed up because everyone knows that you are just going to drop Marvel once you run out of pre-written mods. You've just about already admitted it by never denying it when people bring it up. My advice is just let Rob run a campaign for Marvel X-men and you concentrate on DC. This will give you a chance to refresh as well as play and then hopefully the entire campaign will revamp. I'm just getting tired of the lack of anything out of the normal.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 am

First of all you have no idea what I will and will not do; Since you only show up 6 times out of ten then you never know that we have discussed this many many times and have mentioned that when we run out of modules we can create our own and have them run; but not just create any crap module for that I can have any dodo create it. It must make sense and have a decent story to it and a good balance of combat.

Xylona Ajani

Postby Xylona Ajani » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Why do people have to complain all the time, instead of seeing the positive of thing? Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has been DM-ing us for over two years now, out of his own time trying to get a campaign for the people who asked him to run it when 4th edition was a joke so that we could continue to get together has friends a play a game. He was asked to do this, in addition at that time be introduced to Pathfinder. No one is perfect and if you have ideas then you can express them without thinking or expressing someone else could do better. We have been meeting very routinely on Sunday playing; because Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has placed gaming an important task in his schedule to make it happen and please everyone as best as he can possibly (you can never please everyone, that is just the fact of life). I am not saying that thing could not improve (Telepathy in my opinion) but this is not the way to do it.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 pm

MorganWolf wrote:First of all you have no idea what I will and will not do; Since you only show up 6 times out of ten then you never know that we have discussed this many many times and have mentioned that when we run out of modules we can create our own and have them run; but not just create any crap module for that I can have any dodo create it. It must make sense and have a decent story to it and a good balance of combat.

Ralf, you seem to forget that everyone of us knows you very well and knows both your strengths and shortcomings. As far as Attendance, You also seem to forget that I call you just before every gameday to findout what you are running because some of the adventures are just not worth making the trip and I've made that clear to you every time.

Also, I find your comment about adventures extreme funny considering that the only adventure that you've allowed was Rene's and though it was enjoyable and refreashing from the old. It didnt fit into any timeline or story ark in the MARVEL universe. Hell it even stretch the use of the rules to points we were looking crap up until he told us he made it up. I also believe that the original reward at the end of the adventure was changed by you because you didnt like it or something.

I look forward to the last MArvel Adventure Scenario and give you these post in a very nice plaque to show you that we have always known was going to happen.

PS Monica, I think you coming to Ralfs defense is very cute but Ralf cannot keep up with the games. He has always been the type to need to have control and that is why he doesnt what to give up the campaign to anyone else. IF you want proof, he picked heroes and has only played what 2 games, maybe 3. Its the way he is and every know and loves him for it. Why do you think they call him the God Father, Its not just a compliment but also our way of making fun of him.

teknoblade

Postby teknoblade » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Xylona Ajani wrote:Why do people have to complain all the time, instead of seeing the positive of thing? Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has been DM-ing us for over two years now, out of his own time trying to get a campaign for the people who asked him to run it when 4th edition was a joke so that we could continue to get together has friends a play a game. He was asked to do this, in addition at that time be introduced to Pathfinder. No one is perfect and if you have ideas then you can express them without thinking or expressing someone else could do better. We have been meeting very routinely on Sunday playing; because Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, has placed gaming an important task in his schedule to make it happen and please everyone as best as he can possibly (you can never please everyone, that is just the fact of life). I am not saying that thing could not improve (Telepathy in my opinion) but this is not the way to do it.

People have historically complained and protested to enact change. This is in no way different from that.
We have lost over 50% of our players in this campaign and the other 50% is sporadic or inconsistent at best. The reason is simple and has been clearly stated again repeatedly since this forum was initially established. The adventures are outdated, contradictory of the rules, and quite simply offer crap for reward. In truth the only reason I go to the games is to hangout and chat with most of you.

The games at have been neither satisfying nor stimulating to a point that I can say I'm happy unless we play for 6-8hrs. Simply because someone is always getting short changed if I'm having fun if Im having a good time in the Sentinel Mod because my strong is very strong given the environment. This requires Ralf to up the Sentinels, which I respond to by increasing in Mass and Str. What Ralf forgets is that if we are attacked by 6 sentinels they have approximately 150% of our parties Health and know each of our limitations. Therefore, had sentinel been factory grade my two attacks arnt enough to down it in one round, so I need to increase Mass or attack 3 times that uses KARMA. Point of the matter is that that round during there turn they can GAS half the party or STUN or NEUTRALIZE. ALL CONSUME KARMA...

I have the power to make a train with racecar wheels instead of tracks but I cannot make my team armor a for protection and gear. Its gotten to the point that i carry comic reference for just about everything I use him to make. This said keep in mind I could make everyone a power armor like a credit card soldier or one from the swat guys but havent even asked.

Return to “Earth 617”