Do Weak or Strong Characters REALLY Matter?

System: Classic Marvel Super Heroes Campaign
GM: MorganWolf
ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Do Weak or Strong Characters REALLY Matter?

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:29 am

Ralf always chooses the roster for the modules-the characters that the players want to use are simply not an option. Some characters should have been banned from the start. Prof X was out, but not Dr.Druid? BOX and Forge should have been banned. For all of the half hour I had control of Magic, she should have been banned. There are other viable characters being controlled by players that haven't shown to the game in months. Ralf snatched away some of my 1st picks because I was working & couldn't make the game. We should be allowed to start picking up some of these abandoned characters.

And no more nepotism. In the future, we should draw lots to pick characters.

By the way Ralf, you did promise me that I would be able to use Magic in the last published mod-"Mutating Mutants". I'm going to hold you to that promise. When Cyclops gets back from the hell that is the MX series, he will abandon the superhero game, find his wife and child, and let Jean settle down with that little furry Canadian a$$hole.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Re: Do Weak or Strong Characters REALLY Matter?

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:03 am

Ralf ran a great game today. "Mutating Mutants" is turning out to be a really fun mod. There is not one player that seems to overpower everyone else. I must resist Ramone's EVIL influence to ABUSE Magik's powers. Ralf is worried about what I might do with her as it is. I promised Ralf that I would behave myself.
We need a team leader. We are all X-Men or New Mutants, but we showed no team cohesion-we were just a bunch of individuals that really ganged up on the bad guys (Sabertooth will feel the pain for a LONG time).

Jose, thanks for the ride to the Tri-Rail station. The prices for barfood and drinks at the Sheraton were an outrage. $15 for Chicken strips and $18 for a 6oz burger w/fries? Not to mention the $5 Ice Tea and the 15% automatic gratuity. I ended up with a Coke and a bag of Funions from the Station ($2.5).
Breaking mods with disposable items.

teknoblade
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Re: Do Weak or Strong Characters REALLY Matter?

Postby teknoblade » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Sorry to hear about the price gouging, master rob... but its that or the machines.

As far as topic, the answer is no... Ralf generally chooses the lineup so you end up having a character that is either overplayed or rarely played. The solution is find a character that falls in between. The first example is Ironman... one trip to you armory and you can get you stealth armor for low adv... but the best example is the Black Knight... Who has a sword that allows him to play equally with the big boys and the little ones. Similarly, though not as broken is Shatterstar for mutants and Strong Guy.

Return to “Earth 617”