Flame Wars: 4th Edition

The shiny new D&D living campaign from WoTC

Moderator: MorganWolf

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Flame Wars: 4th Edition

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Heh, with all this arguing I forgot what Dungeons and Dragons was about....

- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:45 pm

By the time you get to where you will have a +4 item in LFR, you will either be able to pick an item, or buy it, yes, buy it. If you haven’t noticed there is something called astral diamonds. That will be the gp of the game at much higher levels. In the Realms I think they have done away with it, but not with gems. I believe you will be able to buy the item at cost, or your right, the game is broke, and needs fixing. In 3.x, you never had the gold to buy a 100,000 gp item. At least, I couldn’t unless you had funny accounting. 100.000 gp item were out of my price limit. 50k items I would have to save up for a good eight or nine mods in LG at much higher levels.

I’m not discussing whether your wrong with the game mechanics being less in 4.0 than 3.5. I believe your right as I’ve said before.

It is like Rene said; all the classes are equal in power. No longer will you have three classes out powering the other classes. The game is balanced in the players favor no matter what character class is picked. I believe the goal was to have no weak characters no matter what you did going up in level.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:42 pm

But what about the ale and whores?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:37 am

Does that mean all our other females players are lesbians?

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:08 am

I know its hard to tell but there is a guy in that picture. I could not see it at first either since I was focused on the T&A. I saw it said Ale, then I spotted a cup and followed the hand on it back to a male person. Thankfully it doesn't polute the picture too much...
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am

There are many kinds of women in gaming, I've got screenshots:

or these statistics oriented women of DnD:

or these, the stereotype defined by Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,:

or these, which Ramon and I visit when on Conventions, we call it "sampling":

or these, scary bitches in costume at conventions:

or these, which can be found in almost every gaming group:

or these, which are probably in some of your homes now:

or these, which the gaming community around the world has lots of:

especially these, every gamer knows one or someone who has done one:

and this type of gamer chick is for Richard and Greg:

heh, we got lots of this in dungeons and dragons, prove me wrong:

oh man, this reminds me of the strip club after some conventions in Miami:

Matt knows this kind:

we got these too I believe still:

and finally:
- Philip Slama

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 pm

and finally....

Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:47 am

This is NOT the D&D I have loved and played for almost 30 years. There is no exclusivity-anyone can pick up the "rogue skills" without being a rogue. Anyone can learn "ritual magic" to do the things that my old beloved disposable items could do. Running a single combat takes FOREVER. We are STILL WAITING for Bards and Sorcerers. (I have seen the Bard "basic rules", but none of the special feats). The Realms are barely recognizable. There is not enough healing. We are still forced to buy the same books OVER AND OVER AND OVER. (Once again, the "Dungeon Survival Guide", only 4th edition.)

And the kicker- The RPGA allows you to play the SAME MODULE 5 "DIFFERENT" times with 5 "DIFFERENT" characters. UTTER CRAP.

And COMING SOON TO A HUGELY EXPENSIVE CON....$4.5$!!! To fix all the little things that were wrong when the product was RUSHED OUT as soon as Gary died. (See my above complaint about buying the same damn books yadayadayada.....)

I knew the end was near when WOTC pulled the plug on the magazines.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:42 pm

I'm with rob...

4e is such a limiting system, I like RPGs that let me think out of the box.. in 4e you get a box with cool stuff in it.. and sometimes they sell you more cool stuff to put into the box...

but its still a box....

maybe its because of the LFR mods... maybe I need to play in a 4e home game.. but I don't think so.

the skill system is crap, the character creation and advacment system feels like a Stratejacket.

spells are binary with no way to think outside the box...

the game just feels... well.. like a nice box
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:43 am

I like the pictures. 4.0 is the suck I will wait for 4.0 advanced.

about 30 some odd years ago TSR figured out players wanted advanced DnD instead of basic. Now basic is back 4.0 and no one wants it. It is the doom of humanity to not learn from its past.

at least WoW you can be epic and ride a horse/dragon or/and have a decent pet companion.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:46 am

What! Those mounts are lame compared to Flying Mechanical Mounts or Motorcycles that shoot weapons and carry OTHER people!
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Ozymandius wrote:What! Those mounts are lame compared to Flying Mechanical Mounts or Motorcycles that shoot weapons and carry OTHER people!

QFT
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 am

Another brilliant marketing move by Wizards today they no longer sell PDF of their products. So people like me who don't mind shelling out $5 for old moduels and stuff I have to pirate them now.

Not only do they not sell them anymore they also further alienate their base by stopping the donwload of those items. So the PDF I bought I can no longer download from the seller even tho that was part of the deal that attracted me to the downloads.

This is all part of a knee jerk reaction to pirating of their product. I think the music industry already figured out it was a waste of time in the 90s to go after pirating in such a way. but What do you expect from the company that brought back basic DnD?

Sorry wizards thats not why you are losing your sales. Maybe it time to hug and make up with the players that supported DnD for 20-30 years?

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:17 am

Welcome to the Digital Underground my brother.
- Philip Slama

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Welcome to the Digital Underground my brother.

Amen
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Living Forgotten Realms”