Love him or hate them, bards are on the way...
http://www.wizards. com/default. asp?x=dnd/ dramp/20081103
The bard preview in this month's Ampersand article.
You need a D&D Insider subscription.
I can't copy-post here, but I'll give you the 411:
- Bards are leaders
- They heal, and slide 1 square.
- They are melee, range, and a little magic (wands, rituals, charm/illusion
- Multiple multi-classing (not just one multi-class)
- Some cool powers. At-wills here:
- Misdirected mark: Attack, and give the mark to another PC
- Vicious Mockery: Talk smack to your enemies (laced with magic),
penalties to attack and psychic damage
- Lots of other cool features and powers.
Vicious mockery!!!!! VICIOUS MOCKERY!!!! So not only can a player sit at a table and talk smack
at his foes 24/7 but now when he does, he wounds his enemies and drives them nuts!!!! I feel a
disturbance in the force of sanity!!! Yes, I see a gnome bard lurking in the shadows, waiting to
answer the call of the people and lay the smackdown on many evil candy asses. He will humiliate &
devastate all in one shot!!!