I gots it

The shiny new D&D living campaign from WoTC

Moderator: MorganWolf

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

I gots it

Postby Peewee » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 am

Picked up the FRPG (FR Players Guide) and the Adventures Vault.

Sick Sick Sick...

Lets say I'm retraining my longsword to a broadsword (+2/d10/versitile militray weapon)

and my gnome warlock is going to be a Dark Pact Warlock with the spellcare feat
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: I gots it

Postby Peewee » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:09 am

Attention Swordmages

"If you're playing in the Living Forgotten Realms campaign, you may use the material in this document when the campaign launches in August. Once the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide is available, you may retrain out any feats, powers, or skills you've selected if you chose to play a drow, genasi, or swordmage. This is a one-time only retrain, similar to the way in which playtest characters get a retrain, when the final published source is released. After that, you have to retrain as per the normal rules. "

just a FYI (because I'm retraining for sure..... Intellegent Swordsman here I come)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 pm

and my gnome warlock is going to be a Dark Pact Warlock with the spellcare feat

If this character is for LFR, remember that according to the character creation rules, everything in the FRPG is allowed except for "spellscarred rules and backgrounds".

And yeah, a lot of that is pretty sick. I love Intelligent Blademaster. You can pretty much dump Str entirely if you have that Feat (so long as you also avoid the Swordmage powers which have effects keyed off Strength). Other great Swordmage Feats include Improved Swordbond (which you can retrain at 11th-level to get Distant Swordbond) and Student of Sword Magic, which nets you a spellbook.

I'm loving Adventurer's Vault, too. There's a ton of items, there, that I'm itching to get my hands on. The Spiked Gauntlet (long a favorite of mine), the Broadsword (which IS completely bad-ass), Khopesh, Parrying Dagger, Spiked Shield (another favorite of mine), Fullblade, Mordenkrad, Double Axe, Double Sword, Urgosh, Repeating Crossbow (something which I'll definitely be picking up), and Greatbow. Also love how they priced the mounts. Nice to know a hippogriff will run me 4,200 GP.

Then you got vehicles, alchemy, consumables, and reagents. Best of all was the return of some of my favorite magic items with some new additions. Some of my favorites from the book include:

• Agile Armor
  • Heartening Armor
  • Imposter's Armor (which finally works the way I always thought this power should work)
  • Righteous Armor
  • Skeletal Armor
  • Summoned Armor (Holy sh*t, I love this!)
  • Crusader's Weapon
  • Paired Weapon (Skeletor?)
  • Radiant Weapon
  • Sunblade
  • Tigerclaw Gauntlets
  • Throwing Shield (Hah, if I ever get one of these, feel free to call me Captain Cormyr)
  • Saddle of Strength
  • Diamond Scabbard
  • Figurine of Wondrous Power: Golden Lion

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh i can't wait....
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Dwraith wrote:Oh i can't wait....

your jaw will drop
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:31 pm

Got the books, Was inpressed with the Drow feats in the book, also Sword Mage and the paragon class are wonderful. As for the Vault, HOLY sh*t!!! This will be interesting.....
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:39 am

Dwraith wrote:Got the books, Was inpressed with the Drow feats in the book, also Sword Mage and the paragon class are wonderful. As for the Vault, HOLY sh*t!!! This will be interesting.....

Ya I was looking at the drow feats as well,

I have to work up my Drow character for the drow house we have planed.. thinking Dark Pack Warlock (with Warlord or Cleric muti-classing... need to work up the numbers this weekend)

but a Drow rogue would be all levels of sick
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:31 am

The books were okay, not really impressed, in fact the game is waning in its appeal with each module I play in or judge. It's just not interesting, more an exercise in die rolling; its well...boring. I mean there is only so much mediocre gaming I can take and LFR is sinking way below the LG line, at least even in their first year story arc I got some excitement, these modules are so transparent and easy to unbind that it is saddening that this is what we have been reduced to.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:22 am

Ozymandius wrote:The books were okay, not really impressed, in fact the game is waning in its appeal with each module I play in or judge. It's just not interesting, more an exercise in die rolling; its well...boring. I mean there is only so much mediocre gaming I can take and LFR is sinking way below the LG line, at least even in their first year story arc I got some excitement, these modules are so transparent and easy to unbind that it is saddening that this is what we have been reduced to.

well you can always come over and help write the new campaign for LA.. we are also working on a new system that will blow 4e out of the water... classless and griddy... oh ya.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Possibly.

Right now I'm closing the books on the 3.5 Blackmoor at MegaCon. We have the last four episodes and the battle interactive and I'm writing two of the episodes and the BI (the interactive is with Greg). It's going to be hectic until march.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Possibly.

Right now I'm closing the books on the 3.5 Blackmoor at MegaCon. We have the last four episodes and the battle interactive and I'm writing two of the episodes and the BI (the interactive is with Greg). It's going to be hectic until march.

When you are done.. get back to me..

I want to start a IK program here in Miami.. would love to have you be part of it.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Living Forgotten Realms”