Bitches My Ass Is CERTIFIED!

The shiny new D&D living campaign from WoTC

Moderator: MorganWolf

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board

Re: Bitches My Ass Is CERTIFIED!

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:57 pm

oh and rene. i was looking at the paly. if you play the defensive paly with all the right skillls. you will be
up in everyones face all day long and living to tell the tale.

That's the plan. I am going to mix in a few non-defensive stuff but I am going to take the feat that
gives me the power called Armor of Bahamut. It turns a confirmed crit into a regular hit as an immediate
action. Plus I plan on getting Angelic Intercession, Divine Bodyguard, Martyr's Blessing, Turn the Tide,
Angelic Rescue, and Strike Me Instead just to name a few powers that either keep me alive or keep my
allies alive. Plus being able to wear heavy armor is HUGE for my paladin. Also, my feat progression will
allow me to maximize my breath weapons effectiveness.If my alleis are alive, that means they are still
helping me lay the beat down and keeping me up as well.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:12 pm

well the paly can be played as a WoW main tank from the looks of it.
it does have alot of skills to maintain an enemies focus on you and only you. to the point that if it doesn't attack you it's screwed.
I almost picked that. but i do like the warlord more.
with a warlord and a cleric at your table. no one should die anytime soon.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:44 pm

No one did die at my table with rene and matt. I did everything i could to keep them up and i did. I am build around to help tank and so healing to the party. Only reason i ever got taken down was the one mech theory with some damn traps... But with me backing Rene main tanking, this well be easy, and also we did the high tier when we played and still walked out with a win...
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Once again the point was missed.

These "near misses" are going to get more and more common as you move up the enemy forces ladder in LFR. There are going to be situations where you "lose people" not because of tactical mistakes but because the force is too strong.

Reconcile yourselves to that fact early because this isn't like 3.0/3.5 and people are going to get whacked.

It's great that you're loving the system, I love it, it's fun. But the thing not to lose sight off is the fact that the game is going to get progressively harder; even though we advance, the enemy still holds that slight edge over us. It will be that edge that continues to make the game fun and interesting provided that the stories pick up from what I've seen so far. The first three Core modules are well, boring. And the Waterdeep/Balder's Gate modules are not that happy shiny either. They remind me of the poor introductory modules from LG, not the grand stuff of adventure that I got from Living Arcanis or Living Force.

Hopefully they'll get the writers on the right track.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Yeah pj but it's that way in all games. I'd have to look at the game at high levels to determine what the power level is. However hopefully the game scales.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 am

Plotwise the game needs to shape up, these modules are boring. Yeah we get to fight and thats all fun and well but the roleplaying aspect, the meat of the story isn't there. Homegames have had better stories than what I've seen here and we have experienced writers who are working in the Core and Regional plots and this is all we could get?

Please, even in television within the first five episodes the "main bad guy" is always introduced yet in the Core modules we have yet to see that develop. What they have produced in the first three modules for Core are underpinnings, yet they don't explain much of the story; clearly they are only introductory but they are weak in their offering of any plot hooks worthy of keeping player attention.

And with their system of five modules a region the inter-woven story is going to be sketchy at best unless the regional heads get together to do some pretty amazing stuff. Even though we would bitch about the Sheldomar and what not they did have some overreaching stories for us. If that doesn't happen you are going to find a whole lot of regional story arcs but no overreaching plot unless the Core episodes pick up the slack.

There is so much to do in the campaign story background but it is limited by the numbert of modules that can be produced, set forth by the campaign.

Living CIty never stunted production of modules, in fact there was a propogation of stories, so many you didn't have enough time units to play it all with one character. That is what a good system has, so many things to tell that one "character" couldn't possibly deal with all of it. It keeps people from playing in a rut.

Don't get set in your ruts.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Well remember this is a new system and i think the guy that wrote the mode got the short straw... Give it time bro, takes time to make a diamond out of coal... But on a game note, I have to say i love the new system. It more tactics and team play then one person owning the mod and making it a worthless 4 hours of boredom now... I know in the games i play i was on the edge of my seat in those fight when Matt and Rene where close to going down and we where all out of healing but as for the monsters having the edge, who ever said being heroes was easy. If it was everyone and there mother would be doing it...
Last edited by Dwraith on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:38 pm

as for the monsters having the edge, who ever said being heroes was easy. It if was everyone and there mother would be doing it...

;)

Return to “Living Forgotten Realms”