The shiny new D&D living campaign from WoTC

Moderator: MorganWolf

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

This is a HUGE change from policy!!!

Postby thetrickygnome » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:16 am

Well I didn't see this coming but it's a very fair consession to me:

Play of an adventure is restricted to once per character, not once per player. Unless otherwise specified, all RPGA adventures that allow you to create your own character can be played multiple times, so long as you use a different character each time you play. You can even DM a game and then play it at a later date. If you play an adventure again, you are required to let the DM know at the beginning of the game that you¢ve already played it, and don¢t ruin the surprises for anyone else that might be experiencing the adventure for the first time.

No more burning adventures if you have to run them rather than play them the first time. This is great news!

Also, the new document is out for the character creation guidelines and it includes LFR in it along
with some campaign magic item and scenario tracker forms players will need.

Go to the RPGA download section and the LFR section starts on page 6 or 7 of the document. If you can't
get on now it's because Chris Tulach said he was going to upload some documents to add to the LFR stuff
of they are getting bombed with people trying to download it.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso
Last edited by thetrickygnome on Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Re: This is a HUGE change from policy!!!

Postby grey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Hrmm... that's an interesting post.

good for areas that don't have alot of players.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: This is a HUGE change from policy!!!

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:09 pm

Once again I present to you another WotC clusterfuck in progress.

You do know what this means right?

There will be no point in playing the game if you already know what happens, this will only allow for the following problems:

1. EXTREME METAGAMING
Players will play through an episode then find some awesome items, then play it with a character who needs it and BAM there you go, a whole new breed of 4.0 Metagaming.

2. LIVING ACCOUNTANT 4.0
Welcome to another nightmare of the system. How are you supposed to track multiple players through an RPGA number? You don't. Now they have to designate the character you play as well as your number. This is going to get rediculous.

3. FORUMS
Well at least no one can tell me not to tell people what is going to happen in an episode now since you can play it multiple times...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “Living Forgotten Realms”