Post your LFR characters, here

The shiny new D&D living campaign from WoTC

Moderator: MorganWolf

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Re: Post your LFR characters, here

Postby Warduke » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:48 pm

He's making the Hobbit movies, so you'll get your wish.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 pm

Ok so, now that we have the LFR CCG out I finaly made my character

Chillhiadrin Hawkwinter Grandson of my old LC character... son of Lidrin Hawkwinter.

Race: Eladrin (Guessing these are the "Moon Elves" now)
Class: SwordMage (Assault Build)
Lang: Common, Elven, Deepspeak
Region:Waterdeep
Alignment: Good

Str: 14 (+2)
Con: 14 (+2)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Int: 18 (+4)
Wis: 8 (-1)
Cha: 11 (+0)

Defences
AC: 19 (+4 Int) (+3 from class) (+2 from leather armor)
Fort 12 (+2 Con)
Will: 12 (+1 race) (+2 class) (+0 Cha)
Ref: 14 (+4 Int)

Saves: +5 vs Charm effects

HP: 29 (+6 per level)
Healing Surges: 10

Skills
Arcana: +11 (+2 Race) (+5 Train) (+4 Int)
Athletics +7 (+5 Train) (+2 Str)
History +11 (+2 Race) (+5 Train) (+4 Int)
Diplomacy +7 (+5 Train) (+2 Region)
Race bonus - Acrobatics: +7 (+5 Train) (+2 Str)
Feat Skill - Intimidate +5 (+5 Train)

Powers:
Class Power Ageis of Assault
At-Will Booming Blade, Sword Burst
Per Encounter Flame Cyclone
Per Day Frost Backlash
Racial Encounter Fey Step
Muticlass- Per Day Inspiring Word

Feat:
Student of Battle (Warlord Muticlass Feat) Taking Intimidate as my skill

Gear:
Longsword (plan on taking Basterd Sword later on)
Leather Armor

Advancment: Plan to pick up training in Basterd Sword or Rapier (Rapier for RP reasions), I may very well take the Muticlass feats for Warlord and back up the tables Leader... extra healing at the table is always a good thing... also two feats will go to Stealth & Thivery because, again.. fits the character.

This character is sooo not min-maxed
Last edited by Peewee on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 am

Yep. Eladrin are Moon Elves/Sun Elves/Star Elves while Elves are Wood Elves/Wild Elves/Dark Elves. Looks good! Just two corrections. 1) Inspiring Word is Daily, not Per Encounter. 2) You add Diplomacy to your class skill list due to your regional bonus. It doesn't become Trained. So you've got one more Trained Skill then you're supposed to have. Other then that, though, looks nice!

And anyone else loving these regional background bonuses? Can't wait to see what the other regions offer. Especially the Vast, as I want my characcter to come from there.

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:45 am

I think the Aglarond regional bonus is pretty good, especially if you are making an investigative
PC or someone who is designed to notice details.

Perception becomes a class skill and you get a +1 to bonus all Perception rolls and the Elven language
for free. I think this is sweet. Maybe not the best regional feat but hey, it's a bonus that costs you
nothing so I'm not complaining.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:48 am

Ok #1) Humm I read that feat wrong, I may go muti-class with Wizard insted (seeing they both use Intellegance) I dont know, the idea of having an extra heal once a day is still not a bad idea.. but last night I looked at all the Warlord powers, thay are all Strength vs. AC. It depends where I see my guy going, if I like the higher level swordmage powers I may just keep the warlord muti-class feat and go from there.

As an asside, if you take a muticlass feat and pick a power of level X, you can always "retrain" that feat and pick a higher level power later

Pb
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm a bit confused about multiclassed Healing Word/Inspiring Word. Is it once per day, or is it twice per encounter once per day? I.E. Once per day, you can use Healing Word twice in an encounter. Hope that didn't sound to confusing. ;)

I think the Aglarond regional bonus is pretty good, especially if you are making an investigative
PC or someone who is designed to notice details.

Agreed. Only two classes get it as a class skill, so it's a pretty nice boon (neverminding the +1 bonus to Perception checks). I also really like the Cormyr bonuses. No real benefit from getting Insight as a class skill for me, as I'm playing a Paladin, but I DO like the +2 Insight bonus along with the +2 bonus to saving throws versus Fear. Damn shame I'm not playing a Cormyrean, cause those're nice bonuses. Just hope the bonuses for The Vast are as good, as I've got my heart set on playing a character from Tantras.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 pm

Warduke wrote:I'm a bit confused about multiclassed Healing Word/Inspiring Word. Is it once per day, or is it twice per encounter once per day? I.E. Once per day, you can use Healing Word twice in an encounter. Hope that didn't sound to confusing. ;)

Are you sure? because if so it makes it a VERY strong power...

BTW looking at going SwordMage/Wizard and using a Bastard Sword (I know very un-hawkwinteresk) but the advantges are just way to many to ignore. For example I keep my +3 bonus to AC, I deal more damage then a TWF, and with quickdraw I can pull out an implament and get that nice bonus to my spell casting. Throw in Heavy Balde Oppatunist, Power Attack, and Weapon Focus.... well you see where Im going with this.

Lastly the Wizard is all Intellegance vs X, and so in the SwordMage... all looks way to good to me to pass up.
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 am

I am wanting to try and make a warforged warlock but of a fey build. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Or making an infernal one?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 am

lostpike wrote:I am wanting to try and make a warforged warlock but of a fey build. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Or making an infernal one?

Infernal... every kill gives you HP.. you will never drop
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:10 am

You know the more I think about it.. the more I think Im going to do the SwordMage/Wizard combo..

Basterd Sword (or maybe stay with longsword)

I think I even found a mini

or

(Going to pay someone to paint it, just don't have the time anymore)

I will post up the new build sometime today... with feats planed till 10th level.. (if i get arround to it)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:52 pm

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:Image

This guy looks pretty cool. Incidentally, have you considered a scimitar for your character? It's +2 to hit instead of +3, but it's High Crit. And a scimitar does seem like a Hawkwinterish weapon, and doesn't require a feat to boot.

I will post up the new build sometime today... with feats planed till 10th level.. (if i get arround to it)

Hah, you're not the only one who's got his Feat progression planned out, already. This is what I'll probably be taking.

1st: Healing Hands
1st: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
2nd: Astral Fire
4th: Ritual Caster
6th: Mounted Combat
8th: Toughness
10th: Quick Draw

Although I'm thinking of dropping Weapon Proficiency and Quick Draw in favor of a multiclass Feat or two.

Here's another idea which I like: A stealthy Paladin. Wear Scale Armor and a Light Shield, take Skill Training (Stealth), and I'm set. The best part is Scale Specialization at Paragon Tier, which eliminates the movement penalty for Scale Armor. Definitely something to think about. And hey, I can say my character looks like this.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:12 pm

Warduke wrote:This guy looks pretty cool. Incidentally, have you considered a scimitar for your character? It's +2 to hit instead of +3, but it's High Crit. And a scimitar does seem like a Hawkwinterish weapon, and doesn't require a feat to boot.

I was thinking about a scimitar, and at some point I can take scimitar dance.. but its too Drizzet and not enough Chillhiadrin..

I dont know, starting to warm up to the idea of using a basterd sword, seeing I can't have anything in my off hand I can switch from one to two handed one the fly... gaining some extra damage (Bastard Sword deals 1d12 when used two handed)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Well, you'd only be using one. And I'd say two scimitars is more Drizzt. :P Besides, you can always say it's a backsword, a saber, or a cutlass.

seeing I can't have anything in my off hand I can switch from one to two handed one the fly...

Remember that when you do, you lose two points of AC.

(Bastard Sword deals 1d12 when used two handed)

Isn't it 1d10+1? Versatile adds +1 to damage when used two-handed.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Warduke wrote:Well, you'd only be using one. And I'd say two scimitars is more Drizzt. :P Besides, you can always say it's a backsword, a saber, or a cutlass.

True.... the saber would work and kind of looks like what the fix is using

Warduke wrote: Remember that when you do, you lose two points of AC.

Ya but only for a small window of oppatunity, I can switch to two-handed grip for the attacks and then go back to one-handed grip after my attacks. Changing grips is a free-action... so, unless I provoke an attack when Im attacking or suffer an immidate attack when attacking I will have a +3 to my AC.

BTW: The Stealth Paladin would be cool.. but I think it may work better as a Rouge muticlassing with Paladin
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:33 am

What's the link to the regional information?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “Living Forgotten Realms”