Post your LFR characters, here

The shiny new D&D living campaign from WoTC

Moderator: MorganWolf

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Post your LFR characters, here

Postby Warduke » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Still gotta come up with a name for my character (always the biggest pain in the ass for me), though I've already got the basic gist of a backstory down. I'll flesh it out, later, but basically this character was born in the city of Tantras, and is the great-grandson of a former adventurer and Paladin of Torm. His great-grandfather was one of the Martyr's Progeny, and a newborn baby when Torm battled Bane in the harbor of Tantras. Both his parents gave their lives in order to power Torm in his fight against Bane, and when he was later found, none knew who he was. So the Church of Torm took him in as they did many other orphans, named him, and raised him. He grew up to become a Paladin of Torm and a successful adventurer. He eventually settled down and had children and told them stories of his adventures, who then told those same stories to their children. And now his great-grandson has decided to take up his mantle and also become a Paladin of Torm.

HUMAN PALADIN 1
STR: 14 (+2), CON: 13 (+1), DEX: 8 (-1), INT: 10 (+0), WIS: 16 (+3), CHA: 16 (+3)

HIT POINTS: 28, BLOODIED: 14, HEALING SURGE: 7, SURGES PER DAY: 11
ARMOR CLASS: 20, FORT DEFENSE: 14, REF DEFENSE: 14, WILL DEFENSE: 15
INITIATIVE: -1, SPEED: 5 Squares, SIZE: Medium, VISION: Normal
AGE: 24, GENDER: Male, HEIGHT: 6'2", WEIGHT: 200 lbs., ALIGNMENT: Lawful Good, DEITY: Torm

RACIAL FEATURES: Bonus At-Will Power, Bonus Feat, Bonus Skill, Human Defense Bonuses
CLASS FEATURES: Channel Divinity, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands

LANGUAGES: Common, Supernal
SKILLS: Acrobatics -5, Arcana +0, Athletics -2, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance -3, Intimidate +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Stealth -5, Streetwise +3, Thievery -5
TRAINED SKILLS: Diplomacy +8, Heal +8, History +5, Insight +8, Religion +5
FEATS: Healing Hands, Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
EQUIPMENT: Plate Armor, Heavy Shield, Bastard Sword, Javelin, Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Waterskin
COINS: 9 Silver Pieces

AT-WILL POWERS
Lay on Hands [Paladin Feature]
Your divine touch instantly heals wounds.
At-Will (Special) ✦ Divine, Healing
Special:
You can use this power 3 times per day, but only once per round.
Minor Action / Melee touch
Target: One creature
Effect: You spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. Instead, the target regains hit points as if it had spent a healing surge +3. You must have at least one healing surge remaining to use this power.

Divine Challenge [Paladin Feature]
You boldly confront a nearby enemy, searing it with divine light if it ignores your challenge.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Radiant
Minor Action / Close
burst 5
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target, or if you fail to engage the target (see below). A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.

While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. Also, it takes 6 radiant damage the first time it makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target before the start of your next turn.

On your turn, you must engage the target you challenged or challenge a different target. To engage the target, you must either attack it or end your turn adjacent to it. If none of these events occur by the end of your turn, the marked condition ends and you can’t use divine challenge on your next turn.

You can use divine challenge once per turn.

Special: Even though this ability is called a challenge, it doesn’t rely on the intelligence or language ability of the target. It’s a magical compulsion that affects the creature’s behavior, regardless of the creature’s nature. You can’t place a divine challenge on a creature that is already affected by your or another character’s divine challenge.

Bolstering Strike [Paladin Attack 1]
You attack your foe without mercy or reprieve, and your accuracy is rewarded with a divine gift of vigor.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Weapon
Standard Action / Melee
weapon
Attack: +6 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+3 damage, and you gain 3 temporary hit points.

Holy Strike [Paladin Attack 1]
You strike an enemy with your weapon, which ignites with holy light.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action / Melee
weapon
Attack: +5 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+2 radiant damage. If you marked the target, you gain a +3 bonus to the damage roll.

Valiant Strike [Paladin Attack 1]
As you bring your weapon to bear, the odds against you add strength to your attack.
At-Will ✦ Divine, Weapon
Standard Action / Melee
weapon
Attack: +5, + 1 per enemy adjacent to you vs. AC
Hit: 1d10+2 damage.

ENCOUNTER POWERS
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle [Paladin Feature]
Your unswerving faith in your deity empowers a nearby creature to resist a debilitating affliction.
Encounter ✦ Divine
Minor Action / Close
burst 10
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: The target makes a saving throw with a +3 bonus.

Channel Divinity: Divine Strength [Paladin Feature]
You petition your deity for the divine strength to lay low your enemies.
Encounter ✦ Divine
Minor Action / Personal
Effect:
Gain +2 damage on your next attack this turn.

Radiant Smite [Paladin Attack 1]
Your weapon glows with a pearly luminescence. Enemies shrink from its pure light, especially creatures of supernatural evil such as demons and devils.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action / Melee
weapon
Attack: +5 vs. AC
Hit: 2d10+5 radiant damage.

DAILY POWERS
On Pain of Death [Paladin Attack 1]
You invoke a prayer that wracks your foe with terrible pain and causes further pain whenever he makes an attack.
Daily ✦ Divine, Implement
Standard Action / Ranged
Attack: +3 vs. Will
Hit: 3d8+3 damage. Once per round, the target takes 1d8 damage after making any attacks on its turn (save ends).
Miss: Half damage. Once per round, the target takes 1d4 damage after making any attacks on its turn (save ends).

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Post your LFR characters, here

Postby Peewee » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 am

Bro move this over to the new LDR site... I would be cool if we can have a "Hero's Gallary" with people updateing there characters (and Cut-n-Past art from the character creater from DDI)
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 am

I'll repost it over there soon as I come up with a name for this character. ;)

Would appreciate a suggestion, though. I'm deciding between one of these two statblocks. This...

STR 14, CON 13, DEX 8, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 16

...or this.

STR 14, CON 13, DEX 13, INT 9, WIS 14, CHA 16

I'll lose out on a higher Wis, which gives me more damage on Holy Strike and similar powers, an extra use of Lay on Hands, and so on. But the higher Dex opens up Astral Fire, Shield Specialization, Heavy Blade Opportunity, and higher Ref Defense. So which should I go for?

Griffman
Slave to this message board

Postby Griffman » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm doing the human paladin route for LFR and the stat block I've decided to go with is:

Str: 14; Con: 12; Dex 11; Int 8; Wis 14; Char 18.

As it looks with the abilities min-maxing one stat is defiantly the way to go imo.

I've looked at the feat combo's for shield spec and heavy armor spec but with the advancement of AC per 1/2 level and items like godplate with enhancement modifiers at higher levels the +1 bonus from each feat seem kinda petty.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Well it looks like there will be a butt load of paladins when 4.0 starts cooking. ;)

Anyways, here's my PC:

"Mine honor is my life, both grow in one. Take my honor from me, and my life is done. Then,
dear my leige, mine honor let me try; In that I live, and for that I will die." - William Shakespeare,
Richard II (1.1.182-185)

CYNDROS STORMTOOTH - Dragonborn paladin of Bahamut
Height: 6'7 Weight: 320 lbs Alignment: L/G

Str: 16, Con 14, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 16

For the time being I decided to err on the side of caution and have some money left over in case
they charge some high gp amount for upkeep cost. If not, then I'll switch out my scale male and go
full plate as well.

Equipment ( currently ): Longsword, Holy symbol of Bahamut, adventurers kit, light shield, sling +
10 bullets, dagger. ( 9 gp left )

At Will powers: Holy Strike, Enfeebling Strike
Encounter Powers: Radiant Smite
Daily Powers: Radiant Delirium

Class features: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle and Divine Strength, Divine Challenge, Lay on
Hands

Racial features: Dragonborn fury: +1 to attack rolls when bloodied. Draconic heritage - Healing surge
value equals 1/4 hit points + Con modifier.
Dragon breath: usable as an encounter power ( lightning ) - 1d6+2 dmg
Skills of note: Endurance +6, Insight +6, Religion +5, Diplomacy +8, Intimidate +5
AC: 18 Defenses: Fort +14 Reflex +12 Will +14
Hit points: 29 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 9 Healing Surges: 12
Languages: Common, Draconic

<< End >>

Warduke, my advice to you would be the same as that of Matt. The +1 the feat bonuses for
specializing in armor and shields is not entirely that awesome given that AC goes up as you go
up in level and also the 4.0 game is heavily dependant on team coordination and cooperation so
I'm sure that there will be others to buff you up with their own abilities ( especially if you have a
warlord in the party. ) My first bump in stats of the +1 to any two will be to Wisdom and Strength
and then the rest of the +1 to any tow stat bumps will go to Strength and Charisma. Good luck
with your PC regardless of what path you take.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Well like I said, there's more to gain then just those two Feats (although that's nothing to sneeze at. Those two reduce the chances of an opponent to hit me by 10%, as well as adding 1 to my Reflex Defense). There's also Heavy Blade Opportunity (lets me use an At-Will Power when making an Opportunity Attack) and Astral Fire (which adds extra damage when making a fire or Radiant attack. +1 in Heroic tier, +2 in Paragon, and +3 in Epic). Not to mention that it'll make it possible to take Scale Armor Specialization, which not only makes the AC bonus as good as Plate Armor, but eliminates the movement penalty, too. Assuming the campaign goes up to epic levels, I expect to have the following stats:

STR 20, CON 16, DEX 16, INT 11, WIS 20, CHA 20

With the other statline, I'll have the following:

STR 22, CON 15, DEX 10, INT 12, WIS 20, CHA 22

-1 less from Str, Int, and Cha, but +1 from Con and +3 from Dex.

Anyway, assuming I go that route, I've already picked the Feats I'll be taking in the Heroic Tier. They are...

Healing Hands, Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Astral Fire, Ritual Caster, Mounted Combat, Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade), and Toughness.

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:25 pm

thetrickygnome wrote:Well it looks like there will be a butt load of paladins when 4.0 starts cooking. ;)

Anyways, here's my PC:

Incidentally, you might find this mini useful.

The Dragonborn Fighter from the War of the Dragon Queen set. He's got a battleaxe (whereas your character has a longsword), but otherwise he's the same. He's got Plate Armor, a shield, and the symbol on his shield is apparently the symbol of Bahamut.

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:43 pm

personally I like this mini better for my cleric that i am making...

and was looking at rene's as being this one...

Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Mario, that's a bad ass looking fig. It has the longsword and the light shield that I will be using. Let
me know where they're selling it or how to order it via catalog so I can pick it up.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 pm

they are reaper warlord models. I have already talked to joel to order them...
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Do you know of any good gnome figs?
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Do you know of any good gnome figs?

David, are you trying to insinuate that you got the campaign card that allows
you to play a gnome. If you did then I envy you very much right now. Man I'd
love to get my hands on that card because gnomes in 4.0 are sick. It's like you
only see them when they want you to see them.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:58 pm

I might have gotten my hands on one...we only must wait to see what the mail man delivers!
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with

the wildest tales."

David

OL
Regular
Regular

Postby OL » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 pm

okk so here is basically my biggest question.... ive been looking at all the different stat builds people have been making...both pregen and what you guys have come up with and im still in the fog.....how many points do we start off with?

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:42 am

22. Same as in the PHB. The point buy works like so...

Your starting array is this: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8

It costs one point every time you raise an ability score by one, up to 13 (So increasing that 8 to a 12 would cost four points. Increasing a 10 to a 12 would cost two points).

It costs two points each time you raise an ability score above 13, up to a 16 (Boosting a 10 to 14 costs five points. Boosting a 10 to 16 costs nine points).

It costs three points to raise an ability score from 16 to 17.

It costs four points to raist an ability score from 17 to 18.

Here're some examples.

18 (16 points)
14 (5 points)
11 (1 point)
10 (0 points)
10 (0 points)
8 (0 points)

16 (9 points)
14 (5 points)
13 (3 points)
12 (2 points)
11 (1 point)
10 (2 points)

14 (5 points)
14 (5 points)
14 (5 points)
13 (3 points)
13 (3 points)
9 (1 point)

And yeah, Reaper Miniatures are nice. I'm probably gonna go with one of the following two for my character.

Return to “Living Forgotten Realms”