Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Plan and or talk about the major cons around the country.
User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 am

Actually, Morganwolf (sorry, I would write your name, but I don't like the board's autoreplace), I couldn't even go to The Summoning this year, though I had originally registered for 1 slot and had plans to drop by on Sunday for another (I really want to play 4e). I had a personal commitment come up a couple of weeks before the con that I could not get out of, so I had to miss it. Please feel free to ask Peter, and Brian Dalrymple of Adventure Game Store, both of whom were included in all my emails when originally trying to set up the Indie Game Day at The Summoning, helping to possibly bring AGS as a vendor at the show (it didn't work out because that was the weekend of their 20th Anniversary, so they, obviously, opted to focus on their own store), and when I discovered I was not going to be able to come down.

If your intention in quoting two different threads is to make a point, just make it and be done with it. If there's something I have accorded you all along is the benefit of communicating with you like an adult, even when we did not see eye-to-eye. I don't think it's too much to expect the same in return.

And just to be clear, there is no annoyance or anger or anything like that in that last statement. I'm very happy and open to having a talk and a discussion with you or anyone else.

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Peewee » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:52 am

Hya,

I'm already working on next years summoning... I should have the final dates and location before next week if it all works out, that gives you a TON of time to get the right people lined up..

I will bein touch as soon as I know more...

Peter B
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 am

Peewee, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:I'm already working on next years summoning... I should have the final dates and location before next week if it all works out, that gives you a TON of time to get the right people lined up.

Fantastic. I already have two GMs in the tri-county area, and with enough leeway, I can bring one more down from Jacksonville at the very least.

Jarad
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Jarad » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 am

Highmoon wrote:
Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, The Stat Monkey God, wrote:I'm already working on next years summoning... I should have the final dates and location before next week if it all works out, that gives you a TON of time to get the right people lined up.


Fantastic. I already have two GMs in the tri-county area, and with enough leeway, I can bring one more down from Jacksonville at the very least.


Dan & Peter & Others,

Let me know how this pans out. I was unable to make the Summoning / Go Play this year because it was on my daughter's birthday, but I would love to play and/or run a game at a future Con / gathering. My teaching schedule hasn't allowed me to get involved in gaming up here in Tampa, so I am reduced to reading about people who game on this board. Sad. A convention would be great to get out my gaming ya-ya's.

If something does come together however, I will pass along the information to gamers I know in Orlando and Melbourne. I know one or two who might even drive down to So FL.

Best,
Jarad

P.S. The Space Hulk game sounded amazing! Count me in next time.

User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:57 am

You got it, Jarad.

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Peewee » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Highmoon wrote:You got it, Jarad.


I'm thinking next year... can you say "Space Hulk Tournament " :oP I have to get to my storage and find my old Space Hulk box set (yes I have one someplace.. and if I remember correctly I have the expansion as well)

I think GW events may play a bigger part in the convention next year....

Also Unity Entertainment is talking to me about hosting CCG Tournaments as well.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:37 am

Peter you're not thinking BIG ENOUGH!

LIVE ACTION SPACEHULK BABY!

The game is fun because its so rediculously simple and it doesn't pretend to be anything other than that. Chess with guns. Nice, Richard and Pablo want to play more of it and its addicting. The games last as long as a DnD game and when you do die you get to play aliens and destroy those who eliminated you.

Of course an unsanctioned dungeon crawl would be pimp. Sort of like the tavern in Forgotten Realms that takes bets on which team can get through the levels of Undermountain.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am

You people should try some X-Crawl. Seems right up that alley. :)

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:27 am

That is what we discussed but it did not totally fit our needs so a "Miami" variant might me introduced to satisfy the blood thirst here.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:54 am

Ozymandius wrote:That is what we discussed but it did not totally fit our needs so a "Miami" variant might me introduced to satisfy the blood thirst here.

A Miami crawl might be a cool mod to run then pitch to Goodman Games.

User avatar
Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Peewee » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:30 am

Highmoon wrote:
Ozymandius wrote:That is what we discussed but it did not totally fit our needs so a "Miami" variant might me introduced to satisfy the blood thirst here.

A Miami crawl might be a cool mod to run then pitch to Goodman Games.


Ya it may be...

Hummmm
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Uh...no. Anything I write never goes out like that. I don't plan to write for the book industry of dungeons and dragons. I do it for the enjoyment of the gamers and don't plan to compromise that for profit.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:21 pm

So you offer it as a free mod. I don't see a contradiction of agendas.

User avatar
Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 5441
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Ozymandius » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:07 am

I never pitch anything to anyone one, espcially not Goodman Games.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

User avatar
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:31 pm

So you offer it for free on the X-Crawl forums. Again, there's ways to share without going the commercial route.


Return to “Convention Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest