Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Plan and or talk about the major cons around the country.
Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Folks, anyone here interested in playing and/or trying out "indie"/story games like Spirit of the Century, Dogs in the Vineyard, Don't Rest your Head, Polaris or another of the many games offered via Indie Press Revolution, please PM or email me, or drop by Story Games forum (you need to become a member to post) so you can indicate your interest:

http://www.story-games.com/forums/comme ... ionID=4921
Please post here if you have some interest in attending a Go Play Florida event. It will likely be held in Orlando (though I am also still somewhat considering South Florida/Fort Lauderdale/Miami). I am presently looking at the dates of February 22-24. I will likely be renting a luxury mansion for the event, which means nice rooms, a full kitchen for attendees to display their cooking prowess (I'll personally bring stuff for one nice meal), and even a heated pool and hot tub. I am trying to identify how many likely attendees we will have so I know how big a mansion to get.

The plans are being laid down for a story games minicon Feb. 22-24, 2008 (location still TBA, but So. Fla or Orlando) and the more interested people we have chimming in, the better.

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:12 pm

Oooh!!! This looks like good fun!!! I'll need to share and share alike!!!
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Please, please do. The more the merrier. And drop by Story Games to indicate your interest.

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Highmoon wrote:Please, please do. The more the merrier. And drop by Story Games to indicate your interest.

Done and DONE!!! :-) Also, if you're interested running an Eberron game and could use a fourth / fifth player. Sat, 15-Dec is the first session, more info @ http://maidenshead.com
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:14 pm

I won't be able to make the Eberron game, but thanks for the invite. :)

Jarad

Postby Jarad » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:13 am

Highmoon wrote:Folks, anyone here interested in playing and/or trying out "indie"/story games like Spirit of the Century, Dogs in the Vineyard, Don't Rest your Head, Polaris or another of the many games offered via Indie Press Revolution, please PM or email me, or drop by Story Games forum (you need to become a member to post) so you can indicate your interest:

Please post here if you have some interest in attending a Go Play Florida event. It will likely be held in Orlando (though I am also still somewhat considering South Florida/Fort Lauderdale/Miami). I am presently looking at the dates of February 22-24. I will likely be renting a luxury mansion for the event, which means nice rooms, a full kitchen for attendees to display their cooking prowess (I'll personally bring stuff for one nice meal), and even a heated pool and hot tub. I am trying to identify how many likely attendees we will have so I know how big a mansion to get.

The plans are being laid down for a story games minicon Feb. 22-24, 2008 (location still TBA, but So. Fla or Orlando) and the more interested people we have chimming in, the better.

I am, of course, very interested. It's been very hard to find anyone else in Brevard interested in experimenting with new rpgs.
I encourage other people to try some of these games out, especially if you're interested in game design. The indie games market is where the mainstream games go to steal all their new ideas.

Jarad

More Posts

Postby Jarad » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Just giving this a bump. More people on that forum have chimed in and I've got some interest from players up here. Plus, luxury mansion, no fee- what isn't there to like?

You guys have to try a game of Shab-al-Hiri Roach with me.

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: Go Play Florida - Indie/Story Games Convention

Postby Highmoon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:39 pm

GoPlay South Florida is gonna happen, folks. I need to figure out the date with the store (Adventure Game Store) and once that's settled, I'll spread the news.

If you want, drop by the thread where we're organizing things over at Story Games:

You can read the thread, but registration is required to post.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 am

AGS? is that where Dragon's Layer moved to?

if so, Im there.......

Humm I wounder if they would want to join up with us when we do summoning... I want the con to grow beyond RPGA style play
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:25 am

Adventure Game Store is the new name of Dragon's Lair. They're now at a new location.

I'm the one organizing Go Play South Florida, so I am all for doing this event at The Summoning as well. See my rant on last year's Summoning organization and tight focus in the related threads.

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 am

After chatting with Peter and getting some stuff ironed out, I'm here to tell you that Go Play Florida will be happening as part of The Summoning this coming October.

I'm in the process of getting games and GMs secured, so more info as it gets solidified. But start making plans to play some awesome indie games on Sunday, Oct. 26 @ The Summoning.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm

Spacehulk looked like alot of fun. :)
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:41 am

by Highmoon on 27 Oct 2008 14:17
As for WH, Fito, I feel for you. I had to go to play-by-email, but I found a group that totally groks the game/setting and makes it a joy to play.

Here's a suggestion: maybe you want to get out of the whole "Living" paradigm; play the same mods, but to heck with the Living part and all the baggage that brings.

:14

by Highmoon on 09 Sep 2008 07:34
After chatting with Peter and getting some stuff ironed out, I'm here to tell you that Go Play Florida will be happening as part of The Summoning this coming October.

I'm in the process of getting games and GMs secured, so more info as it gets solidified. But start making plans to play some awesome indie games on Sunday, Oct. 26 @ The Summoning.

thanks for all the help!!!!
:14

THIS WAS FROM SOMEONE WHO JUST CAME TO GAME AT THE ENTIRE CONVENTION FOR 1 SLOT ONLY!!!
Good to see many old faces and meet some new ones. Folks were very friendly and helpful throughout with this old D&Der who wanted to learn some 4th Edition.

Thanks to all for a nice Sunday afternoon

thetrickygnome
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby thetrickygnome » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:17 am

by Highmoon on 27 Oct 2008 14:17
As for WH, Fito, I feel for you. I had to go to play-by-email, but I found a group that totally groks the game/setting and makes it a joy to play.

Here's a suggestion: maybe you want to get out of the whole "Living" paradigm; play the same mods, but to heck with the Living part and all the baggage that brings.

by Highmoon on 09 Sep 2008 07:34

thanks for all the help!!!!

THIS WAS FROM SOMEONE WHO JUST CAME TO GAME AT THE ENTIRE CONVENTION FOR 1 SLOT ONLY!!!

Good to see many old faces and meet some new ones. Folks were very friendly and helpful throughout with this old D&Der who wanted to learn some 4th Edition.

Thanks to all for a nice Sunday afternoon

OUCH!!!!

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 am

grey wrote:Spacehulk looked like alot of fun. :)

Best line of the last game:

Nice: [To Philip] We should form an alliance since we only have two guys each in our squad.
Philip: Ok, lets do it.
(One Round Later)
Philip: I'm sorry Nice but you've put your self in such a great position that I must now renge on our alliance. Stepfire. Stepfire. Dead autocannon. Stepfire. Dead commander.
Nice: What!
Philip: Enjoy playing the genestealers.

(Outcome: I was eliminated next courtesy of Krynn).

In Space Hulk your goal is to kill the opposition, even when you are being swarmed by aliens...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Return to “Convention Talk”