Another one for the errata...

Brand new and shiny from the makers of Arcanis!

Moderator: Peewee

Needles
Slave to this message board

Another one for the errata...

Postby Needles » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am

I finally got my text book of Witch hunter. I was reading up on the Scholar and I have found a problem and it is not found in the errata posted on the darkprovidence.net website.

In the skills that a Scholar gets there is one called Read. A Scholar gets one free skill point in Read; however, what in the world is Read. I can't find it in the skill section of the book and it is not on my character record sheet for Witch Hunter.

According to the errata, p. 127 – Hermeticism: There is no limit to the number of different Hermetic rites a character may have prepared, but a character may not have more than one preparation of Eldritch Blast or Shield at any one time and the tangible, visible evidence of such mystical rites should certainly limit the practicality of just walking around prepared to enact such rites at all times. Once a prepared rite is cast, it is no longer prepared and must be prepared anew before it is cast again.

From what I understand, I can have only one spell prepped at a time, and once that spell is cast I cannot cast that spell again. Am I right about this?

Please tell me the answers to these questions, I am confused. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze

Re: Another one for the errata...

Postby ParadigmPrez » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Hello,

No, this is not erratta; it is covered in the rule book.

I don't have my Witch Hunter book before me, but I will direct you to the Languages skill. In one of the pararaphs explaining how you may spend points to become proficient in speaking a language, there is a sction which refers to expending a point to be able to Read said language.

Thus the scholar gets a "free" point to spend on reading a particular language.

Best
Henry Lopez
President
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.
http://www.paradigmconcepts.com
http://www.livingarcanis.com

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:38 pm

Is it I can read a language, but I can not speak it if I have a rank in read. Also, If I am apart of the apostles of the new dawn, does my read skills double too along with my other speak language skills. I haven't found anything in the book, but I found something in the erratta about read. :D :D

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

ParadigmPrez
Paradigm Concepts Head Cheeze

Postby ParadigmPrez » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Hello,

Needles wrote:Is it I can read a language, but I can not speak it if I have a rank in read. Also, If I am apart of the apostles of the new dawn, does my read skills double too along with my other speak language skills. I haven't found anything in the book, but I found something in the erratta about read. :D :D

Again, I don't have my book or errata in front of me, but if you only hvae a point in a language (and its for Read) then you cannot speak it.

For example, many people can read ancient egyptian hieroglyphics, but no one can speak it.

Best,
Henry Lopez

President

Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

http://www.paradigmconcepts.com

http://www.livingarcanis.com

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 pm

Thank you. :D

Return to “Witch Hunter: Dark Providence”