GMs wanted.....

Brand new and shiny from the makers of Arcanis!

Moderator: Peewee

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

GMs wanted.....

Postby Peewee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:21 am

Hi all

I'm about to start organizing a Witch Hunter game day, looking to create a small team of Witch Hunter GMs, I'm going to be picky when it comes to the Witch Hunter, the campaign demands good story telling GMs to make it the best possable...

I'm going to draft a few people as possable GMs.. one if Fito (you have no choice in the matter)
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:29 am

I've been reading through WH and man, that's a yummy book. I can't say that I'd run because my schedule is piss poor for that kind of commitment, but I would like to play for sure. I'll keep an eye out for scheduled games.

I, however, demand that all GrandMasters who run Witch Hunter wear one of these:

And maybe if I can get some sort of answer about The Summoning we can schedule a game there as well...

(At this point I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to create a new con with a brand new name and no baggage, but that's a whole other thread...)

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:51 am

Bro,

where did you find that hat? LOL I may have to see about getting some...

I just found out that the Witch Hunter book sold out at Dragon*Con!!! ya baby ya
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Griffman
Slave to this message board

Postby Griffman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:18 am

Before you get judges or gamedays set up we might want to have a sit down session were we go over the new rule system for WH:DP. It isn't that complicated but it is a new system.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:23 am

Griffman wrote:Before you get judges or gamedays set up we might want to have a sit down session were we go over the new rule system for WH:DP. It isn't that complicated but it is a new system.

I agree....

we can also run one of the intros for the campaign, they are designed to give you a good taste of the rules.

We just need to find a location, I have a feeling we will end up with three or more tables.

Also I have to make sure that the book is at the store (if we run it at a store) for the new players
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:31 am

I just did a Google search for a pic, but I'm sure it can be found in local costuming stores. Since Halloween is approaching, you may even find cheap versions at places like Party City and such, as well.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 pm

I built the most powergamed character in Witch Hunter who was an Indian Ghosthunter Scout. I was CRACKED, couldn't be feared, I had the highest Parry and Defense and I could dissapear like a ninja in the mist. Got to play one mod at DragonCon of it, I ruled.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:37 pm

Ozymandius wrote:I built the most powergamed character in Witch Hunter who was an Indian Ghosthunter Scout. I was CRACKED, couldn't be feared, I had the highest Parry and Defense and I could dissapear like a ninja in the mist. Got to play one mod at DragonCon of it, I ruled.

You know the game is not about power gaming though combat.. I know of two mods where you can side skert combat completely and still "win"

Also remember the rules in WH are more flexable on the GMs side of the screen then d20... what is your stregth now, will one day turn against you.

Oh, Parry was erratad, you need to use up your next rounds actions to use it...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:49 pm

I know Peter, I played two rounds of the forsaken game while at the convention. We had very cinamatic sequences it involved major Fear Checks while most of the party was running for their lives while the courageous band of Indians held the gates after our "Diplomatic" character insulted them.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:01 pm

Ozymandius wrote:I know Peter, I played two rounds of the forsaken game while at the convention. We had very cinamatic sequences it involved major Fear Checks while most of the party was running for their lives while the courageous band of Indians held the gates after our "Diplomatic" character insulted them.

LOL excellent!!!
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Highmoon
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Highmoon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:08 pm

You know, I'm already envisioning some hacks for WH, mainly involving the addition of Beliefs (from Burning Wheel), at least to start with.

I think Aspects (from Spirit of the Century) would do wonders here as well, but they'd need to replace Hero points and I wanna have some more experience seeing how those get used in play before I attempt a replacement.

But then again, this would all be OT, so...

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:43 am

I will not only run the mod, but I have the hat.

[/img]
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:36 am

The Heretic wrote:I will not only run the mod, but I have the hat.

Sweet!
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:12 am

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Return to “Witch Hunter: Dark Providence”