Team Concepts- Lets Work Together

Brand new and shiny from the makers of Arcanis!

Moderator: Peewee

Griffman
Slave to this message board

Postby Griffman » Thu May 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Wow Ramon when did you start doing drugs?
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Thu May 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Lord Neden wrote:We are talking about the real deal... the Catholic Church. These guys.. man.. look.. White Wolf allows for SO MANY Cool Ideas because the system is set in real life history.

For a quick and simple note towards "historical" accuracy, the **ENGLISH** colonist were by and large **PURITAN** and possibly **LUTHERAN** in their belief structure.

As much as we'd like to see the "American Inquisition", the Lutheran church would probably just have torched the foul demons and left it at that... Where as a Catholic faith would have sainted the survivors and martyrs for the perils faced.... But this is all personal opinion...
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri May 04, 2007 3:06 pm

The whole "flickering candle" idea could only have come to you if you were on drugs Ramon, specifically: Mine.

Stop taking them five or six at a time and take them like you were prescribed!

Besides, hard ass church figures are easy to make, look at the guy from the Helsing DVD. He was a regenerator and couldn't be killed by physical attacks, he had so much rapid healing it just wouldn't stick.

I'm leaning towards playing a witch, possibly a warlock (male witch), and modeling it after the Kim Harrison books I've read. Got a great background, good room for character growth and interesting twists in the personality.

Another option I'm leaning towards is possibly a church figure, not like the hard-ass I mentioned above but more along the lines of the Evangelist who is taking this as an opportunity to convert more people to the cause. A mouthpiece for the propaganda of the church in order to draw more faithful followers into the fold by using these this "Dark Providence" to prove that there is evil spread all throughout the world and the only way to salvation and safety is though Jesus H. Christ our Lord and Savior.

I really like the last one.

Really like it...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Does anyone besides ME know about Robert E. Howard 's creation "Solomon Kane, the Puritan WitchHunter"? Solomon Kane is probably the inspiration for this campaign. (Yes, it's Robert E. Howard of "Conan" and "John Carter:Warlord of Mars" fame).
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:03 pm

Explain, "Solomon Kane, the Puritan WitchHunter" if you please.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:40 pm

ScrollMasterRob wrote:Does anyone besides ME know about Robert E. Howard 's creation "Solomon Kane, the Puritan WitchHunter"? Solomon Kane is probably the inspiration for this campaign. (Yes, it's Robert E. Howard of "Conan" and "John Carter:Warlord of Mars" fame).

Rob you are right on the money.. we also pulled from some other novels and characters but yet.. Kane was a BIG insperation
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:20 am

Now back to the original concept of team(s).

I just reviewed Matt's team proposal.

Hey Matt...Great Idea...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Needles

Postby Needles » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Thank goodness for wikipedia, I appreciate the info. I'll try to get a hold of the books.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

ScrollMasterRob
Regular
Regular

Postby ScrollMasterRob » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:27 pm

My knowledge of obscure fictional characters comes from a mispent youth digging through used book stores and library sales. There is nothing quite like the smell of musty old paper.
Breaking mods with disposable items.

Return to “Witch Hunter: Dark Providence”