what is... Witch Hunter: the Invisible World

Brand new and shiny from the makers of Arcanis!

Moderator: Peewee

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:45 am

I think I wanna play a PJ type diplomatic character.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm

grey wrote:I think I wanna play a PJ type diplomatic character.

I dont know how that would "fit" but with the system the way it is.. ya you can do it
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 pm

It's time to start up the American Inquisition.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Heh, well if you want to do an 1800s style Inquisition I know just how to start it up.

We'll all be Southerners from the soon to be Confederate (or possibly former Confederate) states.

Besides, diplomacy characters aren't that limited, we just simply need to look at the system and figure out where we can break in and build one. Perhaps we don't practice Diplomacy the way we should, maybe we all wear blue gloves and blow peoples heads up?
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 pm

This looks interesting. I will be giving it a shot. I like to get in on the ground level. Thats my biggest problem with LA I walk around each mod not knowing my head from my ass.

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:04 pm

I agree with that about LA. I dont know anything of the story that is going on. I wish there was LA for Dummies....
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:40 am

lostpike wrote:I agree with that about LA. I dont know anything of the story that is going on. I wish there was LA for Dummies....

you know maybe I need to talk to the guys about writing one
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:04 am

Here let me do it for you:

LA FOR DUMMIES (I.E. YOU DUMB PEOPLE)

Year One:
We learned about blastpowder and how it has divine properties and is made from Ssethregoran shells.

Then we went to meet a dying dwarf who wanted to become a Lich. We got attacked my Nierites on the way and were captured. Met a Blackchanter. Got killed. Elebac, the dwarf, was denied lichdom because he would lose his talent.

Fought some demons that Rene made up in a module, the barn caught on fire.

Queen A"sleez"ah started working on the Emperor and we got to meet Menesis and give him a white elephant (jade perhaps) and he crushed it! We also learned that there were crazy Larissans that liked pain and weren't part of the church of Larissa.

We then had a huge battle interative where Ruben and Laz got some cool sh*t and killed more Ssethregorans.

Oh we met a god on the road to Milandir!

The Nierites whooped the sh*t out of Canceri with their Legions and the Sword of Nier took over.

A lot of sh*t happened then and the Emperor killed the Patriarch. The Emperor said God told him to do it. That sh*t didn't work when I told them I killed an NPC because Sarish told me to, stupid double standard.

The Nishanpur arc was dark and the Nierites are still in Canceri holding control over us. They marched all over the place looking for something, and then they found it, and then died.

Welcome to the Il-huan! Mindflayers, don't let them tell you otherwise!

Oh, that's right the Emperor killed himself, what a dumbass, he got poisoned because he was greedy!

More stuff happened and we ended up fighting another huge battle interative where Menesis and the Elorii teamed up and whooped on the Emperor's forces and Dojan. The Il'huan attacked us (that was my fault and matt's at the Social Interative the day before).

More sh*t happened.

More sh*t happened.

More sh*t happened.

More sh*t happened.

More sh*t happened.

Present Day.

Lesson Learned: If you haven't played since the beginning you are fucked. And I don't mean proper fucked...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

The Heretic
Slave to this message board

Postby The Heretic » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:14 pm

I remember the burning barn
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:26 pm

lol I remember playing that module with ya Adolfo. Fun stuff back at the old WoTC store. Back to LA though, it's greatest strength and also greatest weakness is its story. If you've been playing since its initiation you probably have a decent grasp on the story as you've partaken in most of it. For new players it is really difficult to just jump into the campaign world and understand wtf is going on. So an LA for "Dummies" actually seems like a good idea to me. Maybe attach it to intro modules as a player handout or something.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed May 02, 2007 7:28 am

Ozymandius wrote:Lesson Learned: If you haven't played since the beginning you are fucked. And I don't mean proper fucked...

QFT.

That's why I only run/play home games, though I still down load some mods now n then to sacrifice to the house rule gods for my game. ;)

Evner

Postby Evner » Thu May 03, 2007 1:19 pm

grey wrote:I think I wanna play a PJ type diplomatic character.

It's really alot easier than it seems :

1. Find people that think differently via high lvl scrying

2. Talk to them, and attempt to persuade

3. Find them unreasonable or useless and blow them up
-Cold Stone David
Ok to kick when feeling down.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Thu May 03, 2007 1:31 pm

LOL
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Thu May 03, 2007 5:06 pm

That describes RAMON's version of diplomacy.

I only resort to explosions when I feel I need a flashy "demonstration."
- Philip Slama

Return to “Witch Hunter: Dark Providence”