what is... Witch Hunter: the Invisible World

Brand new and shiny from the makers of Arcanis!

Moderator: Peewee

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

what is... Witch Hunter: the Invisible World

Postby Peewee » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:39 pm

Witch Hunter: the Invisible World

"See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction." Deuteronomy 30:15

Since the Serpent first crept into Adam’s garden, evil has always been with us. Wherever Man has traveled, he has found spirits, daemons, monsters, and all manner of enemies to both his mortal flesh and his immortal soul. These creatures come in many guises, and oft go unseen by the very common people who they most endanger – unseen, at least, until it is too late to escape their clutches. Let us thank God, then, that for almost as long as these evils have plagued mankind, there have been men and women with the faith and courage to fight them, to keep evil at bay so that the good men and women of the world may carry on with their lives, all unaware of the doom which awaits them should the vigilance of their guardians ever waver.

Such a duty is one that few would choose willingly, particularly if they understood the nature of their foes. And indeed, when those foes are invisible to the untutored eye, even a willing guardian would never know that his efforts were needed. But those precious few, given sight of the Adversary, and the will to face them, are the Witch-Hunters. Those rare persons, men and women, Christian, Jew or otherwise live a hard life. A life with no home but one’s boots, no kitchen but a fire-pit, and never the same bed from one week to the next is not one that any of us would choose freely. This is the burden of the Witch-Hunter, and God gives such burdens only to those who can bear them. If the shepherd labors not to defend the sheep, the sheep will die and the shepherd will starve. How much more important, then, are the men over whom you, the Witch-Hunter, stand as the shepherd?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Witch Hunter runs on our new PCI home system (which we'll have to come up with a better name for it than that). Developed primarily by Rob Schwalb, it’s a dice pool/# of successes type of system that does not get so bogged down with minutiae that it gets in the way of telling a great story.

Witch Hunter is all about the Heroes doing Heroic feats, so it also incorporates a Cinematic style that will showcase that facet of the game.

All in all, it’s a fast paced, fun system that is simple to learn and understand, yet robust enough to handle just about every and any situation that may come up in play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PCI is going to kick off a 2nd living campaign... brought to you by the team that created Living Death.

But this time... the gloves come off

You should all give this campaign a chance, it will be unlike anything you have ever played before.
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:42 am

Peter,

You should know us better by now. We're always going to give a new product a chance. How do you think we got into Blackmoor? They only had four modules and said, "Hey wanna try this?"

Sure I'll give this a go. Sounds sorta like a cross between Kim Harrison's books and medival fantasy setting with a twist of limited technology dropped in for setting's sake.

By the quote you used apparently it takes place on Earth maybe, perhaps, oh I don't know mid-19th century? Judging by the cover that looks about right. The supernatural had more providence back then and technology was just coming into its own.

A cinematic feel huh? An interesting concept, would love to see it put into play and explained to me. Feel like hosting a day when we could see this system in action?

I remember talking to someone about this at Origins last year, it wasn't Henry but the guy next to him...can't remember his name but he's a funny guy. I remember this was something I was looking forward to. One of the "bright spots" in the independent gaming systems now that Arcanis is no longer a "Living" campaign and just a d20 system like the rest of the pack.

But definetly, this looks interesting. Set a date, I'll show up. You can always bet on my trying it once, and if you can even get me the least bit interested you know I'll continue to play.
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Evner

Postby Evner » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:08 pm

A dark setting is a good start for any campaign in my book.
Overwhelming odds?
Small chance of success?
Sounds like an adventure!
-Cold Stone David
Ok to kick when feeling down.

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:16 pm

I see a rapturous beating in your future from the Dark Gods...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Needles
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:23 pm

Give it a few years it will be just as dysfuntional as most other game systems. I have a closet full of them, don't need another one to fill a shelf.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:31 pm

Needles wrote:Give it a few years it will be just as dysfuntional as most other game systems. I have a closet full of them, don't need another one to fill a shelf.

dysfuntional?

please explane...
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:24 pm

The explanation is: I have a closet full of them, don't need another one to fill a shelf. Traveler was supposed to go far, it is probably still played, I havn't heard anything about it in decades. Shadowrun is around; However, not the version I used to play. You needed an armfull of dice just to play it. Gamma world has been remade a lot till they finally let it go. DnD 3.0 only lasted two years.

There are a lot of games that have come and gone. I am giving Hackmaster three more years and if it is still around then, I might start to play it. Most games you hear of don't last, Unless it has something to do with the old work horse, DnD.

I shouldn't rule it out though, if there is enough people playing it and I'm invited I will try it out. I probably won't buy the book though untill I have a definate game I'm gonna play in.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

tadkil
Regular
Regular

Postby tadkil » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:54 pm

Looking forward to this! Looks awesome!

Dwraith
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged
MySpace Page: ilkhandraconis

Postby Dwraith » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:11 pm

can't wait. I think i am going to get together with someone, and make the brothers from "Supernaturals". Yet i expect alot of Buffy want-to-be's
Eli Wallace, "Well this couldn't get much worse?"
Dr. Nicholas Rush, "I'm afraid thats a failure of imagination."
Stargate Universe

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:15 pm

Dwraith wrote:can't wait. I think i am going to get together with someone, and make the brothers from "Supernaturals". Yet i expect alot of Buffy want-to-be's

Dude I just read a few pages (preview for GAMA we had worked up) the art is amazing, and after I read about the three orders of witch hunters.. I was like... God Damn..

Ghost People - American Indian witch hunters are sooo kick ass...

Man this game is going to kick ass. As soon as I get the OK I will post up some of the text from the book... (or link the preview)
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Needles wrote:I shouldn't rule it out though, if there is enough people playing it and I'm invited I will try it out. I probably won't buy the book though untill I have a definate game I'm gonna play in.

Well, we are going to have a "living" campaign for it.. the team from Living Death is going to write it, so expect high quality bad ass stories
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:19 pm

tadkil wrote:Looking forward to this! Looks awesome!

you have no idea...

I read 6 pages and I was like.. GOD DAMN

Henry is an amazing writer
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Setite

Postby Setite » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:36 pm

I am defiantly down to try it out.
Kevin

Thanos
I have no life
I have no life

Postby Thanos » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:44 pm

Is this going to have gun power and magic?

Can you be a witch?

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:14 pm

Thanos wrote:Is this going to have gun power and magic?

Yes & Yes

Thanos wrote:Can you be a witch?

Yes, but at a cost... it will not be an easy path to prove to the pope that your powers are not of the adversary
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Witch Hunter: Dark Providence”